Scottish breakfast in Bangkok

scotsmarc

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had to do an image search for Scottish breakfast. Looks good, mate. Happy hunting.

This one...

BLOG-03c-Breakfast-Porridge1.jpg

or this one...

HogmanayBreakfast_Scot_SM_new.jpg

Nah, everybody knows they don't eat that for breakfast in Glasgow! This is the breakfast of champions in Glasgow

post-170572-0-98208600-1445000095_thumb.

Why are folk posting about Thai food? The OP clearly asks where he could find a Scottish Breaky. What does Thai food or what food is the best in the world have to do with it? Why comment if your going to comment on something completely of topic?..................

I have never seen any Scottish breakfasts in bkk, maybe you could find one in Pattaya?

Wish I could but there is nothing I've ever found. Chiang Mai sausage?

Serious question though. Why can't I find British or Danish bacon? And I've been looking.

There could be an opening here...

'Why can't I find British or Danish bacon?' Both in Villa, in the freezer.

Serious question though. Why can't I find British or Danish bacon? And I've been looking.

'Why can't I find British or Danish bacon?' Both in Villa, in the freezer.

Or you can get it fresh from Sloanes along with proper sausages ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Londoner used to do a good b-fast similar to the photos up there - though a British more than Scot - it might get as close as you will find...

good luck.

The Londoner closed down last year and moved premises and dont think they have reopened as yet

My neighbour wished me a good morrow this morning at 8am. Holding a glass of tea in his hand. Onlying on closer examination, it turned out to be whisky. This rather surprised me.

Would this be part of the Scottish breakfast?

square sausage , is that not ''Lorne'' ??? or am i getting mixed up...

Spot on, never seen it in Thailand.

There is a butcher near the Pattaya floating market that has some mean haggis, even my wife's family liked it.

It looked like toast in the image posted, in a Scottish breakfast it would be fried bread, my mate used to call it the 'suicide' breakfast.

PS. A real traditionalist would fry the bread in 'dripping'.

Edited by sandyf

I don't know about now, but there is - or was - a Scottish bar in Soi 22, same side as the Imperial hotel and a hundred yards further along. I assume they might serve breakfast there.

Yes I was thinking its on Soi 20...lot of seating outside...can't remember the name so the OP might have to walk down Soi 20 and 22 to find it.

They had a sign out front advertising the breakfast last year...and yes they have lorne sausage!

The Scottish breakfast has square sausage (lorne) tattle scones and maybe some haggis or Cool die dumpling

For the usual negative trolls yes far away from home and love to live in the local fayre but sometimes you just miss what you miss.

If anyone can point me in the right direction for tomorrow it would be very much appreciated so much so I'll buy you a Scottish fry!

wish i could, love to try it.

Had to do an image search for Scottish breakfast. Looks good, mate. Happy hunting.

This one...

or this one..

The 2nd is exactly the same as an English breakfast, or at least a northern English breakfast. So just look for a cafe/restaurant that has an English breakfast,you never know they might even have the black pudding.

This one...

or this one...

Nah, everybody knows they don't eat that for breakfast in Glasgow! This is the breakfast of champions in Glasgow

He said "Breakfast" not "Buckfast".

yeah I know but for your edification, Buckfast is a fortified wine - made in Scotland I believe - that is a favourite tipple of the Scottish drinking fraternity a breakfast special (Buckfast and Eldorado are the wino's choice)

With all due respect to the institution of street food, putting this to one side, Thai cuisine is certainly the best in Asia. The Americas have none (again, adr). Europe is a very interesting mix and each country'so contribution alk added up would surpass Thailand food. Possibly.

As to nitwits commenting that rice is foreign food. If you live in Thailand then potatoes are a little strange. Indeed so once we're tomatoes. Stick to the subject which is the search for a heady Scottish breakfast in Bangkok. (Chang Mao being choker with them.)

I love Thai food but I don't think it's the best in Asia

Not the cheap places anyway

Have you been to a food court in singopore beats the ones in Thailand anytime

Or a cafe in sir Lanka where there is about 50 different types of curry on offer

Far better in my opinion for me I would say Thailand is about forth

But that just me

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I am sure they have Danish bacon in jomtien in food mart and also I thought I seen it many times I will check later

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk