About Work Permits Again

Hi!

There is one thing I don't quite understand:

If I am an owner of a company (Thai co,ltd) and I want to apply work permit, do I still have to have 4 Thais in my company (let's say small export company) to have work permit?

Thank You

Hi!

If I am an owner of a company (Thai co,ltd) and I want to apply work permit, do I still have to have 4 Thais in my company (let's say small export company) to have work permit?

Thank You

No Thai employees are required and in fact you could hire 10 foreigners and still need zero Thai employees.

It is only on the extension of stay based on business that has the requirement of 4 Thai employees per wp .

If you have a extension of stay based on support of a Thai national, based on education, investment or retirement. (Not a typo, they are allowing work permits now on retirement in recent cases) then you do not need 4 Thai employees either.

If you cannot meet any of the above criteria, simply get a one year multi entry visa outside Thailand and do 90 day visa runs with a work permit.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Hi!

Thank You

No Thai employees are required and in fact you could hire 10 foreigners and still need zero Thai employees.

It is only on the extension of stay based on business that has the requirement of 4 Thai employees per wp .

If you have a extension of stay based on support of a Thai national, based on education, investment or retirement. (Not a typo, they are allowing work permits now on retirement in recent cases) then you do not need 4 Thai employees either.

If you cannot meet any of the above criteria, simply get a one year multi entry visa outside Thailand and do 90 day visa runs with a work permit.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Do you then have to get the work permit renewed every 3 months?

As you already have a work permit and on page 5, it in most cases it will say "valid for one year." What you need to do is revalidate your work permit by showing you have a new visa. This would be every 90 days, otherwise your work permit expires even though its valid for a year.( As the wp expires when your visa ends)

The renewal of the work permit would be in most cases, once a year.

Note : This is only for the multi entry visa with a wp that needs to revalidate the wp every 90 days or less.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

As you already have a work permit and on page 5, it in most cases it will say "valid for one year." What you need to do is revalidate your work permit by showing you have a new visa. This would be every 90 days, otherwise your work permit expires even though its valid for a year.( As the wp expires when your visa ends)

The renewal of the work permit would be in most cases, once a year.

Note : This is only for the multi entry visa with a wp that needs to revalidate the wp every 90 days or less.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

What is the revalidation fee and expected time to get it done?

Thank You Sunbelt!

One more question:

As we are foreign married couple, is it enought that for example my husband has work permit, and I can apply one year visa based on that? How about working in our company, do we both have to have work permits? Sometimes I heard that it is enought if the other one has work permit.

Thank You again!

What is the revalidation fee and expected time to get it done?

Our Professional fee is 1,600 Baht and the government fee is 850 Baht. It takes a 1/2 day to get it done. The lawyer goes to the Labor Dept on the work permit holders behalf.

As we are foreign married couple, is it enought that for example my husband has work permit, and I can apply one year visa based on that?

If your husband has a one year extension of stay based on business, then you can be a dependent. Just by him having a work permit, is not sufficient in order for you to obtain a visa.

How about working in our company, do we both have to have work permits? Sometimes I heard that it is enought if the other one has work permit.

If you are both working, you need work permits.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com