New Toyota fortuner top spec freebies?

shariq607

For all those people who has booked the new fortuner what freebies is Toyota giving you? My Toyota dealer is not giving me anything except 3mm film.

Plus 100k deposit for booking. I asked him why other Toyota models only cost 5k (Camry,vios etc) for booking where as the top spec fortuner has a booking of 100k and he said because of the popularity, anyway I already did a booking by paying a 100k cheque and it will be deducted from the final price later when the car arrives.

So in short what freebies or deals you got from your new fortuner and what should I ask for? Should I change the dealer?

I hear Ford sales are rolling out 'deposit refund incentives' nationwide where they will deduct the money you have on deposit with other manufacturers when you decide to buy a Ford instead. Just bring the receipt (you did get a receipt didn't you?). Capped at 5000 baht because only numpty's put more down on an ox cart with extra seats SUV.

Looking back at the bad old days when the new Ranger appeared and loads of people waited over 12 months to get the 3.2 model (with substantial deposits too), there was very. very few meaningful dealer incentives beyond tint and carpets (some got a back bin liner). I got tint, mats, those hideous tinted plastic window wind deflectors and half-a-tank of diesel. Having said that, I am sure some proud (?) owner or a shiny, new Triton will chip in to say he got tint, carpets, bin liner, free services for life, first class insurance, "...big fat tires and everything" including a massage with a happy ending.

Since supply and demand are always out of kilter when a new marque is sprung on the public, there's little point in dealers offering much to get it off the showroom floor. Even cash buyers fail to raise any eyebrows (or sales peoples heads from their smartphones).

I have heard that some Toyota dealerships are supplying free "My other car is a Ford" bumper stickers though.

100K Booking? Wow.

My only guess is that can only be to lock you into a solid commit to buy - just in case you drive an Everest or Pajero Sport in the meantime :)

Lol, the salesperson did say I can get back a refund if I change my mind and he showed me fortuner's next year price on his iPhone which showed 1,749,000 baht for the top model. When I asked him will they add new features to compensate for the higher price and he did say that the lower spec model will have VSC and other mandatory safety features but that's just to pass the basic Thai government's new policy.

100K Booking? Wow.

My only guess is that can only be to lock you into a solid commit to buy - just in case you drive an Everest or Pajero Sport in the meantime smile.png

Lol, the salesperson did say I can get back a refund if I change my mind and he showed me fortuner's next year price on his iPhone which showed 1,749,000 baht for the top model. When I asked him will they add new features to compensate for the higher price and he did say that the lower spec model will have VSC and other mandatory safety features but that's just to pass the basic Thai government's new policy.

Does seem a trite over the top deposit wise, but whatever at least you will have car that will go forever.

Unlike the Ford they do seem to have gearbox problems, and nowhere to get them serviced.

Pajero sport please don't make me laugh, has anyone seen the crap seats in those, not forgetting the cheap plastic bit's inside just waiting to rattle.

Hope you enjoy like I have mine, great lump my one is now over 6 year old not a mark or rattle anywhere. Not bad after traveling on Thai roads.

Test drive the Everest then get a refund.

the problem with the Everest is you won't be able to get it anymore this year.

Yep - unless you are willing to 'buy' a failed booking, which get snapped up pretty quickly on the Everest Club website...

You should have asked for the freebies BEFORE you gave a 100K deposit. Now you have no leverage, but the dealer sure does. He has your 100K.

If you can indeed get your deposit back, what is the reason for a deposit in the first place? Such a "deposit" has no meaning.

Test drive the Everest then get a refund.

Ignore that piece of cr-- advice I mean, and do not go anywhere near a Ford dealership. Too many of us here still have nightmares from the 70'80's with Dagenham dustbins.

No one made good cars in the 80's, not even Ferrari :P

I also booked the top spec model about a month ago and was originally offered a whole bunch of extras, tinted windows, chrome handles, chrome flashes, chrome rear step plate, plastic window wind deflectors, insurance, registration and petrol (and maybe some others I forgot).

When it came time to put the deposit down, most of the freebies were withdrawn with the sales person saying the manager had refused to give them.

We ended up being offered the tinted windows and wind deflectors plus insurance, petrol and registration.

I then ordered some of the missing freebies at my own expense and it came to around 15,000 baht. I was asked to pay a 20,000 baht deposit which may well have been 5,000 to secure the car and the other 15,000 to pay for the extras up front.

We were originally given a November delivery date and then the dealer called last week to say it may arrive this month.

This morning, we got a call to say the car was at the dealers but no accessories that we paid for had been fitted, and we would have to wait another month for them as the parts hadn't been delivered.

I think its fair to say I wasn't very happy and told them to keep the car until they had everything fitted. Since then we've had three calls from them in the space of an hour telling us that if we don't come and get the car as is, they will sell it to someone else.

I want to tell them to stick it where the sun doesn't shine but the wife is currently trying to calm me down and says just get a refund for what we paid for the extras and take it to another dealer and order them there.

What do people think about the Isuzu MU-X? I have a 2010 DMax and it's been really excellent :-)

In a simple sentence: Completely and utterly outclassed by the newcomers in the segment.

Will you elucidate. Don't they all have a a ladder chassis, a 3l 4-valve turbo diesel, ABS, stability control,traction control, 5/6 speed auto, TV screens in the roof etc.

What doesn't Isuzu MU-X have which means it is "Completely and utterly outclassed"

Will you elucidate. Don't they all have a a ladder chassis, a 3l 4-valve turbo diesel, ABS, stability control,traction control, 5/6 speed auto, TV screens in the roof etc.

What doesn't Isuzu MU-X have which means it is "Completely and utterly outclassed"

Without even mentioning criteria like ride quality, noise, harshness, and handling (where it's so far behind it's hard to even draw comparisons):

5j11Hwi.png

If you get out and do some test drives, it will be the easiest to eliminate from your shopping list..

Without even mentioning criteria like ride quality, noise, harshness, and handling (where it's so far behind it's hard to even draw comparisons):

5j11Hwi.png

If you get out and do some test drives, it will be the easiest to eliminate from your shopping list..

W . T . F . is a 360 degree reversing camera???!!!

5j11Hwi.png

W . T . F . is a 360 degree reversing camera???!!!

After great deliberation i recon its a 360 degree Camera.

5j11Hwi.png

Not criteria for Thai buyers who only seem interested in following the herd. Also it might make 0.005% more on the resale value so that far outweighs driving a much better car for a few years if this forum is anything to go by.

I hear Ford sales are rolling out 'deposit refund incentives' nationwide where they will deduct the money you have on deposit with other manufacturers when you decide to buy a Ford instead. Just bring the receipt (you did get a receipt didn't you?). Capped at 5000 baht because only numpty's put more down on an ox cart with extra seats SUV.

Buying a Ford in Thailand is a recipe for disaster.

Just read all the posts and complaints on here.

200k extra tax to be slapped on this soon I take it ?

All these SUV's get a tax hike next year, yes - just how much is pure speculation at the moment, as the extra tax is applied on factory prices. Expect 150-200K extra though.

Archived