New Toyota fortuner top spec freebies?

shariq607

I hear Ford sales are rolling out 'deposit refund incentives' nationwide where they will deduct the money you have on deposit with other manufacturers when you decide to buy a Ford instead. Just bring the receipt (you did get a receipt didn't you?). Capped at 5000 baht because only numpty's put more down on an ox cart with extra seats SUV.

Buying a Ford in Thailand is a recipe for disaster.

Just read all the posts and complaints on here.

All of them?

IIRC, there was one guy with a drowned Ranger that ended up with him having to buy a new engine himself - from what I can see, he's now considering buying another Ranger - which has got to say something. There was a guy with a Wildtrak stuck in the service bay a month or two ago, but he left as quickly as he came, so we have no idea what the real situation/outcome was. Other than that, there were maybe a couple of posters a few years ago complaining out clunky shifts in their Fiesta's with DCT's, which apparently got improved with a software update (note: no-one has yet made a DCT that shifts nicely at low speeds - nature of the tech).

Unless I've missed some more, I've had more problems than all of them with my cars over the same period of time I've been posting here, but none yet with my one and only Ford (touch wood).

Outside of that, yes, there have been lots of complaints over waiting times for delivery though.

Honestly, I just don't see any real evidence to back up the anti-Ford sentiment shown here - maybe like the poster yesterday, it all stems from experiences that happend 30-40 years ago in another country? Maybe people just like to parrot other people's ill sentiment until they believe it themselves? Maybe it's just off-the-cuff jibes as a result of long standing rivalry between Chev/Ford and Holden/Ford fans? IDK.

Please do feel free to start a new thread and detail out your own, personal, horror story with Ford Thailand though smile.png

Test drive the Everest then get a refund.

Ignore that piece of cr-- advice I mean, and do not go anywhere near a Ford dealership. Too many of us here still have nightmares from the 70'80's with Dagenham dustbins.

Same goes for you - I'm sure we'd all like to hear your own, personal, Ford Thailand horror story :)

I had a horror story with Ford CM. I had to wait an extra week for my WT to come from Bangkok because the sales guy thought I'd prefer to have my truck delivered with virtually zero mileage rather than have one driven down from Chiang Rai. It wasn't easy having to wait for nearly 3 weeks!

Is that horrible enough?

I had a horror story with Ford CM. I had to wait an extra week for my WT to come from Bangkok because the sales guy thought I'd prefer to have my truck delivered with virtually zero mileage rather than have one driven down from Chiang Rai. It wasn't easy having to wait for nearly 3 weeks!

Is that horrible enough?

Well, I guess I have the same complaint...

When I booked my EV, I was promised job#1, with delivery in late July to early August. As it turned out, it didn't reach the dealer until the 18th of August. Hardly "early August" in anyone's language...

Ignore that piece of cr-- advice I mean, and do not go anywhere near a Ford dealership. Too many of us here still have nightmares from the 70'80's with Dagenham dustbins.

Same goes for you - I'm sure we'd all like to hear your own, personal, Ford Thailand horror story smile.png

well here is one for you smart a*se, having the timing belt changed on my XLT Ranger in Ford Chainat 2007 if I remember correctly, was not only presented with the invoice but three small plastic screws. When I inquired why they were not put back from where they were taken out from, much shrugging of shoulders. I doubt if their mechanics have improved much since. facepalm.gif

Same goes for you - I'm sure we'd all like to hear your own, personal, Ford Thailand horror story smile.png

well here is one for you smart a*se, having the timing belt changed on my XLT Ranger in Ford Chainat 2007 if I remember correctly, was not only presented with the invoice but three small plastic screws. When I inquired why they were not put back from where they were taken out from, much shrugging of shoulders. I doubt if their mechanics have improved much since. facepalm.gif

Likely ones they replaced - have a look at the invoice for 3x [something in Thai] smile.png

It wouldn't make any sense for them to present you with screws they weren't able to find the hole for, seriously no mechanic in the world would do that - much more likely they gave them to you as evidence they were replaced, which is pretty standard practice. The fact that they were plastic also supports the POV they were replaced too.

I hear Ford sales are rolling out 'deposit refund incentives' nationwide where they will deduct the money you have on deposit with other manufacturers when you decide to buy a Ford instead. Just bring the receipt (you did get a receipt didn't you?). Capped at 5000 baht because only numpty's put more down on an ox cart with extra seats SUV.

Buying a Ford in Thailand is a recipe for disaster.

Just read all the posts and complaints on here.

All of them?

IIRC, there was one guy with a drowned Ranger that ended up with him having to buy a new engine himself - from what I can see, he's now considering buying another Ranger - which has got to say something. There was a guy with a Wildtrak stuck in the service bay a month or two ago, but he left as quickly as he came, so we have no idea what the real situation/outcome was. Other than that, there were maybe a couple of posters a few years ago complaining out clunky shifts in their Fiesta's with DCT's, which apparently got improved with a software update (note: no-one has yet made a DCT that shifts nicely at low speeds - nature of the tech).

Unless I've missed some more, I've had more problems than all of them with my cars over the same period of time I've been posting here, but none yet with my one and only Ford (touch wood).

Outside of that, yes, there have been lots of complaints over waiting times for delivery though.

Honestly, I just don't see any real evidence to back up the anti-Ford sentiment shown here - maybe like the poster yesterday, it all stems from experiences that happend 30-40 years ago in another country? Maybe people just like to parrot other people's ill sentiment until they believe it themselves? Maybe it's just off-the-cuff jibes as a result of long standing rivalry between Chev/Ford and Holden/Ford fans? IDK.

Please do feel free to start a new thread and detail out your own, personal, horror story with Ford Thailand though smile.png

My mate bought his 2012 Fiesta Si the same time I bought my Hilux. He's had umpteen problems with it where Ive had none. And yes he has a clunky transmission and Ford Pattaya wont/cant/dont know how to upgrade the software to fix it.

Ford

On

Road

Dead

Anyone getting a better deal, they are not giving anything

Insurance is quoted at 29,000 baht

Registration 7600

And temporary licence plate 3500

I have asked this as freebies but they insist if I want this as freebies I would have to finance the car at interests rates of 4%, i don't want to finance the car because of the interest. They are offering 20% down payment but I have refused.

If anyone has got a good deal with their toyota dealership, could they pm me with a reference to their dealership ?

Registration 7600

I have asked this as freebies but they insist if I want this as freebies I would have to finance the car at interests rates of 4%, i don't want to finance the car because of the interest. They are offering 20% down payment but I have refused.

If anyone has got a good deal with their toyota dealership, could they pm me with a reference to their dealership ?

they must be selling extremely well for not even giving those basic freebies.

Registration 7600

Yep, Toyota have the advantage of a huge existing Fortuner customer base (I'm too lazy to dig up actual numbers but it's x00,000's range) that has been waiting an eternity for an update, and are practically queuing up in their old 'Tuna's to get a lowball trade-in valuation and a crappy deal ;)

Registration 7600

Yep, Toyota have the advantage of a huge existing Fortuner customer base (I'm too lazy to dig up actual numbers but it's x00,000's range) that has been waiting an eternity for an update, and are practically queuing up in their old 'Tuna's to get a lowball trade-in valuation and a crappy deal wink.png

Toyotas Crappy or not but at least you can as you state get parts everywhere.

I used my usual cab company last night they run Volvo's in all their fleet. All fitted with Toyota engines running gear.

When I asked him why Toyota bit's he said they Never let them down.

Could be a good reason why Tuners and other models are the best sellers here.

Just a thought.

Toyotas Crappy or not but at least you can as you state get parts everywhere.

I used my usual cab company last night they run Volvo's in all their fleet. All fitted with Toyota engines running gear.

When I asked him why Toyota bit's he said they Never let them down.

Could be a good reason why Tuners and other models are the best sellers here.

Just a thought.

I didn't say the Toyota was crappy - just the deals early adopters are getting smile.png

Believe it or not, I actually like the Fortuner (so long as I don't actually look at it) - if it was 150-200K cheaper, it would rate much better though. It's only the price (or lack of what you get for it) that pushes it to the bottom of comparisons.

Archived