Living in the boonies - what do the daughters do when they finish their education?

fang37

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For years I kept many of these things especially education to myself. Sadly I've concluded in a sarcastic way the leaders of this country like it this way. The have's continue to past on the have's to their kids and the have not's continue to take baby steps to no where.

I've been told Bangkok and Pattaya is not like the rest of Thailand, So as many have stated I think the greatest opportunity would be in these two places. The greatest is in Bangkok but as I noted in other discussion I do not see Bangkok able to sustain enough jobs for the entire country.

It is sad to see kids run through the system and the jobs are being at the major box stores like Big C, Lotus, and 7/11, many of these jobs at best are part-time for kids in High School, yet they are careers here and short one's at best. Discrimination is everywhere in job placement, where they put the young and pretty one's out front. Ever even see a old lady ( 35-40 ) working at any of these places? I have! cleaning the toilets. You go to school all those years and this is what you can look forward for the rest of your life. Work a few years and when you start to get to 30, they bring in a younger person to replace you.

Majority of the Thais graduating from a Thai public school have even a 2nd grade English and wouldn't even being considered in a Community College.

Based on their government setup the best secure jobs are in government but unless you have family members already hired forget it! In this area I suggest looking into getting her a job at the Airport, there is a high demand for Immigration agents who can speak more than two words of English. The best and only thing your child got going is having you as their father.

Good luck,

Edited by thailand49