Woman and young son die in parked car in Bangkok

Jonathan Fairfield

I mean, it didn't happen to me yet, but Carbon MONOXIDE (as opposed to dioxide) poisoning seems to have all kinds of nasty side-effects, like feeling very unwell indeed, having to vomit etc., before you get anywhere near life threatening. That should normally prompt people to open the door and get out. Even if not that, how broken would an exhaust have to be before substantial amounts can enter the car?

This is not true, most aircraft have a monoxide warning system in the cockpit to alert the pilot of any problem, I have known people pass out and recover at five thousand feet, from CM poisening .

Due to the rather unpleasant and eco-unfriendly habit of letting the engine run stationary no doubt. Coupled with a faulty exhaust system.

We live next to a restaurant - unfortunately- and it happens all the time. Thai like their car to be cool when they come back from lunch - who cares about the people living in the soi choking on exhaustfumes - not his problem!

If it weren't for my wife I would carkey them all.

In a way it's poetic justice, really.

Potatoes are your friend, but with lots of Thais now running 4 exhaust pipes which one do you targetwink.png

haha, i was thinking of the potato trick myself!!

Carbon monoxide got into the passenger compartment, probably via the rear booth.

Heard this happened over 30 years ago in Singapore to a couple who had sex with the air-con on and engine running.

nice way to go tho

Sounds like a nice guy, leaving the kids and wife in the car for an hour whilst he's off eating dinner with friends. More Thainess.

Looks very similar to me to when I see foreigners (many many times) bringing their Thai ladies into a restaurant for him to eat with his foreign friends. ...she is usually left totally alone and ignored, while he and his friends spend their time laughing and chatting together. Better he just let her go off with her own friends than sitting there bored and alone.

My condolences to the family and friends of the two deceased.

The counter argument to that is Thai women get jealous if they aren't invited or allowed to be present at social things...

I've had the argument multiple times with many gfs over the years and its simply a fact that I don't prefer to go to Thai only social events because they bore me...

I would rather go out with my friends or so even alone to avoid the stupidity of drunken Thais singing karaoke and having idiot conversations about the somtam..

I'm sure the Thais appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Nothing worse then drunken Thais singing...except drunken farangs singing.

.................."I would rather go out with my friends or so even alone to avoid the stupidity of drunken Thais singing karaoke and having idiot conversations about the somtam"...................

I bet he is an absolute joy to be with ! biggrin.png

I've had the argument multiple times with many gfs over the years and its simply a fact that I don't prefer to go to Thai only social events because they bore me...

I would rather go out with my friends or so even alone to avoid the stupidity of drunken Thais singing karaoke and having idiot conversations about the somtam..

I'm sure the Thais appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Nothing worse then drunken Thais singing...except drunken farangs singing.

.................."I would rather go out with my friends or so even alone to avoid the stupidity of drunken Thais singing karaoke and having idiot conversations about the somtam"...................

I bet he is an absolute joy to be with ! biggrin.png

I'm confused by some of the replies on this thread. Why be with a/any partner/wife/gf that you don't want to go out with socially, can't communicate with or don't want to spend time with? What's the point of being in the relationship in the first place?

I've always done things with my previous partners, gone out together, met mutual friends together, met her friends, meet my friends etc, and no one sits around being ignored, ever. Yes, we each do our own things also, but I can't comprehend why anyone would leave a wife/gf and/or son sat in a car whilst the guy is having a meal without them ... give them some cash to go to McD's, sit them in a Starbucks, do something.

Each to their own I guess.

I'm confused by some of the replies on this thread. Why be with a/any partner/wife/gf that you don't want to go out with socially, can't communicate with or don't want to spend time with? What's the point of being in the relationship in the first place?

Sex and reproduction, and a built in child minder after the reproduction.

I'm confused that some men want a relationship without wanting to reproduce, what's the point of that?

You can't replace mummy!

Carbon monoxide got into the passenger compartment, probably via the rear booth.

Heard this happened over 30 years ago in Singapore to a couple who had sex with the air-con on and engine running.

That was clearly an accident. The current Lat Phrao case is potentially by design.