Bye bye True Visions

cooked

The occasional good film in English and kids programs in Thai aren't enough to keep me as a customer. I mainly watch films on my PC anyway.

We tried a few times to get them to take money from the bank account we set up for paying TOT, True Visions and so on. 'Not enough money in that account' was the reason they refused, obviously I'm not going to put ฿100 000 in that account just to impress them, I was topping up ฿3000 a month. Now for the second time, no more TV because we never received a bill for three months.

Not a big deal but I don't need this kind of hassle. I don't think they care either.

The wife can watch TV on her computer and there is plenty of 'High Five' stuff on Youtube.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We dumped True Vision just over a year ago, don't miss them at all. We had issues with the quality of reception, it seemed that if a dog peed in the soi the signal would drop out, plus being cut off several times for non-payment when the bill had in fact been paid.

True's been replaced with an IPTV Android box that give me most of what I want, together with downloads watched from a USB stick.

We have 4 TrueVisions modules - top package - annual contract.

I wish to reduce to 2.

These were acquired through an independent electrical retailer.

What is worse?

a) Visa extension @ CNX I/O

cool.png Reducing/cancelling TrueVisions

BTW, why do they call it TrueVisions rather than TrueVision?

"

True has the worse service of any company I have dealt with.

Deal with CTH, you will change your mind. When true lost/refused to pay for premier league football i downgraded from platinum to gold, suits me at 1500 baht. Much better than 12 years ago and i pay every month, whether i get a bill or not, mainly because i owqe them money hahahahahah.

I dumped true a long time ago.

Now I have so much more I can watch at less than what I was paying for true. As a Brit I watch UKTVon my computer with ThaiExpat (formally UKTVAsia which is a much better program) for most of the UK TV channels and have 365 Sport with 25 more programs.

Can watch just about any type of sport now.

Do I miss True. Never!!

Yep, they are(True) going down hill like the economy of China......

Watched a Movie this arvo, and all the actors died about 40yrs ago.....cheesy.gif But it was in colour...

Lee Marvin was around the age of 30yrs old !!! and he has been dead for years.....

We just pay for the TOT IPTV box and I installed Kodi with the Genesis and NaviX add-ons. We get to watch pretty much everything we want without the hassle of having TrueVision. Nothing would make me go back to their lousy service.

It's hit and miss with some of the streams but slowly I'm working out which ones are reliable.

Truevisions customer service is (by Thai standards) very good. Emails are answered within 1-2 days and the English language phone service is efficient.

It is expensive though and the silly censorship and rain & sunspot cut-outs annoying.

I have no wish to watch movies, sport or news on my laptop, so I'm sticking with them. If they win back the Premier League rights for next season, all will be good!

TrueVisions can be annoying with the occasional loss of English soundtrack (I had Chinese commentary for the first 15 minutes of a Rugby World Cup Quarter-Final), and can cost 2000 Bht/month, but they are the only TV provider which gives me the news/shows/sports (Rugby, F1, Tennis, Golf & MotoGP) I want.

I have the PVR set up, which means I record most of what I want to watch, and watch it when I want. So convenient.

I have auto-debit to a Thai bank account, so I don't bother to open the invoices. It's the same amount every month - so if the dog eats the envelope, why should I withhold payment until I see a piece of paper?

It amazes me that some people want to wait for an ancient method like paper bills through the snail mail, but the same people are tech-savvy enough to do things on the internet.

My wish is that TrueVisions would broadcast all of their foreign channels in HD - watching Rugby World Cup in SD on my telly gets on my tits.

We just pay for the TOT IPTV box and I installed Kodi with the Genesis and NaviX add-ons. We get to watch pretty much everything we want without the hassle of having TrueVision. Nothing would make me go back to their lousy service.

It's hit and miss with some of the streams but slowly I'm working out which ones are reliable.

You got to keep trying to find out what is best on Kodi.. have it for year on an old laptop, have on this PC, and on a new Android box, have a old Skybox used a few years ago, I got out the other day so will install it on that also in the next weeks.

So far for me found 'The Beast' 'Stream StormTV' 'Phoenix' 'Stalker' and 'FilmOn' the best,

Lot is the same but sometimes get a better picture from one, the next day maybe from another.

Never miss F1 racing + all the practice, cannot say which is best depends on the day, often is Fox Sports 5, sometime from Nederlands, others times from Australia, last race was better HD picture on Sky Sports... also got a very good picture on BBC or on the F1 channel..

So for me find impossible to work out which ones are reliable, in fact have been watching something perfect then out of the blue get loads of buffeting, change to a different one continue watching perfect..

Out of interest been here almost 12 years now, never had TrueVision

TrueVisions can be annoying with the occasional loss of English soundtrack (I had Chinese commentary for the first 15 minutes of a Rugby World Cup Quarter-Final), and can cost 2000 Bht/month, but they are the only TV provider which gives me the news/shows/sports (Rugby, F1, Tennis, Golf & MotoGP) I want.

I have the PVR set up, which means I record most of what I want to watch, and watch it when I want. So convenient.

I have auto-debit to a Thai bank account, so I don't bother to open the invoices. It's the same amount every month - so if the dog eats the envelope, why should I withhold payment until I see a piece of paper?

It amazes me that some people want to wait for an ancient method like paper bills through the snail mail, but the same people are tech-savvy enough to do things on the internet.

My wish is that TrueVisions would broadcast all of their foreign channels in HD - watching Rugby World Cup in SD on my telly gets on my tits.

Yes well, it amazes me that some people don't read why True visions wouldn't let me use direct debit, as opposed to three other suppliers of services that I use. This means that I have to wait for a paper bill and as I often don't get one, I get a notice on the TV threatening no service unless I pay. My wife called True Move yesterday to stop service and we got this notice.

Have you tried putting their app on your phone? Or iservice web-page on your computer?

Seems an easy way to check your bill and pay it, I have a reminder on my calendar to prompt me to do it.

I actually prefer to pay bills myself and not pay them by automatic direct debit.

I agree that there isn't much to watch there anyhow, but the TV came free with the Internet, so I took it. The picture is by far better than that off my sophon connection. The wife gets that in the evenings and I have to unplug the HDMI cable and watch my computer screen and streamed TV.

My wife watches TV, I don't - I pay truevisions 400B a month for a few hours programming a week.

Is there a cheaper alternative just to watch Thai TV ? - I already have Co-ax running in the walls, i don't want an analogue ariel, drilling and tapping another cable through the house or some salesman telling me he needs to install an overpriced dish on the front of my house just to get some bad quality picture.

I recently cancelled the UBC subscription... It was one of the more pleasurable days recently. No more endless repeats and trailers.

I now use expat tv. around 750 per month for most channels I want. played through hi speed internet. It works like a dream.Highly recommended!

So you knew you had to pay but as you didnt get a bill it looks you didnt pay. Mmm..... no wonder they cut you off...

Ever thought the ever reliable Thai Post just lost it.

They now send me my bill as a PDF attachment in an email. About a month prior to that I get a phone call from them asking if I plan to renew. Even then the invoice is sent out about a month after the current service should have ended, but according to the lady on the phone, that's standard operating procedure.

I used to have to remind them that they hadn't sent an invoice by mail (every six months). Now it seems they don't bother (for me at least) using the post office at all, but just use an email attachment. Probably just as well since the mailed invoice sent in the past seemed to require Houdini to open without ending up with the invoice in pieces.

Archived