Bye bye True Visions

cooked

So you knew you had to pay but as you didnt get a bill it looks you didnt pay. Mmm..... no wonder they cut you off...

Ever thought the ever reliable Thai Post just lost it.

Earlier this year I had 4 months when no bill arrived - I just took my old receipt and paid at the office and they stuck a new receipt on top. When the post office finally got their act together the bills came as usual and there was no problem.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"

True has the worse service of any company I have dealt with.

I stopped True Vision back in 2007. It is the worst company I ever dealt with in Thailand.

NEVER AGAIN.

You can't have much experience of dealing with Thai service providers, if you think Truevisions are the worst!

My wife watches TV, I don't - I pay truevisions 400B a month for a few hours programming a week.

Is there a cheaper alternative just to watch Thai TV ? - I already have Co-ax running in the walls, i don't want an analogue ariel, drilling and tapping another cable through the house or some salesman telling me he needs to install an overpriced dish on the front of my house just to get some bad quality picture.

Yes - that dish and set top box using your cable - few thousand baht one time expense. And the reception should be excellent. I use C-Band on back of house feeding 7 TV's and only outage will be the sun in line with bird noise for few minutes a few days in spring and fall.

I think most people have problems with the non arrival of the bills from True. For my tv I use I LikeHD. I pay 450 baht a month get all football and sports and entertainment, stream via internet excellent, you can also use android. I pay with true money card obtained from 7/11. With True I will just keep the internet and basic tv. Have been using I Like HD for 3 months now. I have a spare CTH android box, not sure if I can stream through that, does anybody know?

I had four boxes and the Gold Package, but dislike TRUE as a company and for the price, the service and programming is abysmal.

I recently took the plunge, cancelled the entire service, returned the boxes and installed ThaiExpat TV at a fraction of the cost. The whole family loves it and its the best move I have made regarding TV.

Goodbye TRUE.

I think most people have problems with the non arrival of the bills from True. For my tv I use I LikeHD. I pay 450 baht a month get all football and sports and entertainment, stream via internet excellent, you can also use android. I pay with true money card obtained from 7/11. With True I will just keep the internet and basic tv. Have been using I Like HD for 3 months now. I have a spare CTH android box, not sure if I can stream through that, does anybody know?

I cannot answer your question but I was happy to read your post as I also have Ilikehdtv . At 450 baht a month I have full access to all UK tv including all Sky Sports channels , movies , BT sports and Euro sports . Also it is possible to watch all premier league footy games live and even those that are not being televised in the UK . Have the occasional hiccup on reception but generally very good . Emails are answered within a couple of hours or less . There service also allows you to pay as little as 30 or 40 baht for up to 2 hours viewing that will enable you to watch a full 90 minute footy game . The only thing that I find lacking is the programme schedule especially for the footy i.e. which channel is showing a particular game etc ( unless you know better )

I have to say that overall I am pleased with this company and its service and would recommend it without hesitation . For me the mystery is how can they provide this service so cheaply , as the cost in the UK would be at least 60 pounds a month . Are they a legitimate outfit ?

We 'cut the cord', as it is called, and quit True Visions 2 months ago. True Visions would not work at all when it was raining. I do not miss it a bit. We use internet now for all video. Have a VPN in the US and subscription to Netflix. Also we go directly to the networks to get information videos on Bloomberg, BBC, etc. Sports is directly through the leagues, such as NHL.com.

CTH......is ok for me...football, sky news...fox sport etc.....but receiving their bills is another matter........ pay for one month...pay next month...no bill for 4 months...pay the next month...pay the next month....no bill for 5 months....etc......got a bill last week with a breakdown off the 2 years plus payments...and they hadn't billed me for 13 monts out of 2 and a bit years.....so i owe them 13000 baht....marvelous.....

I downgraded True to a basic service when they lost the footy, and barely even watch that. CTH is fine, except their website looks like something out of the 80s and often gives no programme info at all. A few months ago I wanted to get a second CTH box to replace the True service (I have one each on each tv that I have) and they told my wife that they no longer supply the box we have. Instead, you can subscribe to a lesser service for less money. They also told her that in August all English language broadcasts would be stopped, except for Fox News. No Sky and presumably no English footy commentary. Wimbledon came soon after that, and sure enough there was no English commentary from Centre Court (improved the broadcast no end!). But Sky is still with us,and English commentary from the PL.

What I would really miss is the stuff that appears on Stadium Six, which as far as I can gather is PL footy especially for non-UK viewers. Certainly, the pundits are different (no Gary Neville, for example). Not only is there a 90-minute and then a 45 or 60 minute preview show of the weekend matches, but they have a 90 minute show every evening Thai time reviewing the weekend matches as well as general discussions about the game. Good stuff. The cheaper PL options do not offer Stadium Six, only 1-5.

If the Stadium Six stuff vanishes then I'll go over to I Like HD or Sport 365. But, as another member wrote, how can they provide it as far less than it would cost in the UK? I already have a spare laptop linked up to the tv with which I tried Sky News (comes through YouTube) when I thought I was going to lose it from CTH.

What worries me is the legality of the internet services.

Is ExpatTV legal here in Thailand but illegal in the U.K.?

And what about all the internet sports services?

The BBC is now starting to clamp down on VPNs using its iPlayer.

Having said that, ThaiExpatTV is excellent quality and service (and I imagine that its sister sports service is the same) BUT you still need some form of TRUE if you share the house with Thais.

Champions League football, Europa League football, SPFL, French Ligue, F1 Motor racing, ATP and WTA tennis. You need Truevision.

I know True as company are crap but so are Sky back in the UK.

Using the internet is inconvenient I like to watch my sport in the bedroom, etc so moving my laptop or android box around the house is inconvenient when I can have a True box in any room.

I use an Android box for UK TV which is free.

CTH/GMM are even worse than True but if you want to watch the English Premier League ( in several rooms ) it's your only choice.

What I'd be interested in is next year's UEFA finals. Will all the internet viewers switch to CTH/GMM ?

Champions League football, Europa League football, SPFL, French Ligue, F1 Motor racing, ATP and WTA tennis. You need Truevision.

F1 is all I care about, but sheesh it's pricey to pay for the platinum package just to get it in 1080i on Truevisions...

If anyone can tell me an alternative way to get the F1 in at least 1080i, I would not be able to thank them enough.

Note: Yes, I have seen it on IPTV, but it's only 720P. When you normally watch it on a 130" PJ, and the smallest TV you watch it on is a 65" plasma, 720P PQ is pretty ordinary... I'd stall rather pay 2500'ish Baht/month to get it in 1080i.

Bonus points for 1080P :)

I have no wish to watch movies, sport or news on my laptop

You do know that if you have HDMI sockets on your laptop and tv, and all even reasonably new models do, then you can watch anything from the internet on your tv? Right?

I have no desire to watch movies, sport or news via my laptop.

I also use ILikeHD, especially for the Sky Movie Channels, Fox and ESPN sports. Generally pretty reliable with a decent broadband connection. However, quite a few channels have distorted images because they don't adjust aspect ratios from the source. Annoying, particularly when watching sports. But for around 450 baht/month, I'll probably stick with it. I also get a TrueVisions

cheap package for Turner Classic Movies and one ASN channel.

I don't have a problem using my Bangkok Bank i-banking acct. to auto pay my two True Vision accounts' payments every month. After the initial setup (about five minutes work) I do nothing and the bills get paid automatically. True Vision never sees my acct. because there's no need.

Also, unlike some commenters here, I'm very happy with True Vision. I've had excellent service and quality HD picture for many years.

I gave up with them years ago when they refused to opt me out of all the sports channels at a discount. Sport cost a lot of money to broadcast and non-sport lovers should not be expected to subsidy those who love it. I now get all the movies and TV programs I want over the Internet. A far better deal.

You do know that if you have HDMI sockets on your laptop and tv, and all even reasonably new models do, then you can watch anything from the internet on your tv? Right?

You do know that if you have internet connection there are more options than your laptop to watch all the TV channels you want on your TV?

Having said that, ThaiExpatTV is excellent quality and service (and I imagine that its sister sports service is the same) BUT you still need some form of TRUE if you share the house with Thais.

My Thai wife stopped True Visions about 8 years ago thinking it to be a rip off. Now they have free services in Thai, but so do many other providers. Not a satellite dish in site these days at our abode and every Thai channel available free on the net in HD.

I had TrueVision for ten years with three boxes and platinum service level. They took the payment from my Bangkok Bank credit card and even gave a discount because payment was direct. I had no trouble with the accounts by mail except they were always late, that may have been the local postal service here in Issan. I recently had the Truevision promotional guys around wanting to sell me a cable package which included phones and mobiles and so on. After that I started thinking about TrueVision a lot. With the exchange rate it was about A$100.00. My wife says why have it you reckon the movies are not the same, seen them, or cut out everything spicy etc in the movies.

I spoke with TrueVision they offered a 500 baht discount forever, and later a 12 months huge discount to stay on. I thought why you wait for me to disconnect to offer discount. We closed it all up and gave back the gear to the lads that came. I bought the dish for 700 baht to save ripping it off our home. A local company has for the 6000 thb deposit refund put in Thai TV. It has maybe 200 channels but no english -But no monthly fees ever. Now I bought a VPN, signed up to Netflix and watch it via my laptop to the big smart TV. No issues. About 30 bucks a month. Well plus the internet.

I too say Bye Bye True Visions.

Regards

You do know that if you have internet connection there are more options than your laptop to watch all the TV channels you want on your TV?

What would be the best set-top box internet option that can be controlled via the TV/remote?

An update on my CTH service: Lost my satellite tv today. Call the company which tells me I owe over 7000 baht from when the system was installed two years ago. The early bills were paid to the installation company as it took CTH six months to start billing us by mail. So, there was a 'debt' kept secret from us, for two years. Seems to me that the installation company just pocketed the money, and so we have to fill in a form sent by snail mail (hi-tech Thailand in action) to confirm we paid, and then they contact the company we paid the money to. I asked the supervisor to call me when she has the answer but she says she is too busy as they have a lot of customer complaints. Really? No kidding. We've since dug out at least some of the old receipts for the box. installation and monthly fees to back up that there is no debt. I'm sure the installation company will say it is all a misunderstanding (they thought they could keep our money, and they misunderstood that they couldn't). What a truly amazing place Thailand is.

I have True, but the only reason I have subscribed to them is because I live in the "Sticks" and Internet here is not reliable (read fast enough) to watch Internet TV from early afternoon till about 10pm.

So Internet TV (like Maige, Kodi etc etc) is good when you have good internet but when your Internet is SLOW then True is the only "reasonable" alternative IMO.

Edit: Just to give you guys an example how good my Internet is. downloading Excel from the App Store (around 300 Mb) arrival time is 16 hours 32 minutes wink.png

have you tried something like Internet Download Manager?

Archived