Bye bye True Visions

cooked

Bangkok Barry , when you got cut off , did you receive any notification ?

I have the E016-0 notice on my screen. I have tried calling 1619 and 1629 to find out what it means , but I can't get through.

I too have had to scan and e-mail receipts from 2 years ago , but up to now I have not had a reply.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive had TrueVisions for over 8 years. When I have a problem I take a screenshot and email it to them. If you dont let them know an issue how can they improve the service? Ive even had discount bills for assisting them in their research to make the service better.

Sometimes it can be a pain with the system freezing but not that bad to cancel it.

[email protected]

An update on my CTH service: Lost my satellite tv today. Call the company which tells me I owe over 7000 baht from when the system was installed two years ago. The early bills were paid to the installation company as it took CTH six months to start billing us by mail. So, there was a 'debt' kept secret from us, for two years. Seems to me that the installation company just pocketed the money, and so we have to fill in a form sent by snail mail (hi-tech Thailand in action) to confirm we paid, and then they contact the company we paid the money to. I asked the supervisor to call me when she has the answer but she says she is too busy as they have a lot of customer complaints. Really? No kidding. We've since dug out at least some of the old receipts for the box. installation and monthly fees to back up that there is no debt. I'm sure the installation company will say it is all a misunderstanding (they thought they could keep our money, and they misunderstood that they couldn't). What a truly amazing place Thailand is.

So CTH's shortcomings are Thailand's fault?

An update on my CTH service: Lost my satellite tv today. Call the company which tells me I owe over 7000 baht from when the system was installed two years ago. The early bills were paid to the installation company as it took CTH six months to start billing us by mail. So, there was a 'debt' kept secret from us, for two years. Seems to me that the installation company just pocketed the money, and so we have to fill in a form sent by snail mail (hi-tech Thailand in action) to confirm we paid, and then they contact the company we paid the money to. I asked the supervisor to call me when she has the answer but she says she is too busy as they have a lot of customer complaints. Really? No kidding. We've since dug out at least some of the old receipts for the box. installation and monthly fees to back up that there is no debt. I'm sure the installation company will say it is all a misunderstanding (they thought they could keep our money, and they misunderstood that they couldn't). What a truly amazing place Thailand is.

It's a Thai company with Thai workers operating in the all too common Thai way. Which is why they have lots of customer complaints. If not Thailand, where such business practises are common, whose fault? Do you expect that kind of service wherever it is you come from? I'm sure you are aware that customer service and satisfaction is very much a hit and miss affair in Thailand, often miss. Having said that, when CAT installed my internet they worked until 11.40 on a Sunday night to do so.

Bangkok Barry , when you got cut off , did you receive any notification ?

I have the E016-0 notice on my screen. I have tried calling 1619 and 1629 to find out what it means , but I can't get through.

I too have had to scan and e-mail receipts from 2 years ago , but up to now I have not had a reply.

I received no advance warning. Just, suddenly, the E016 notice. But I don't think any company or organisation in Thailand sends a warning before they disconnect a service. Lost our electric once because the flimsy credit card slip-type bill they put in our mail box - the kind you have to receive a newspaper - fell out and blew away. I had no trouble contacting 1619 (at about 1pm), but when I eventually got to a supervisor and asked why it took two years to chase the 'missing' payment all I got was the usual 'Sorry sir' with no explanation at all. Because there couldn't possibly be any logical reason it took two years to discover the so-called debt. We have since found at least some of the receipts we received from the installation company, and service was restored overnight while the problem is investigated. So, they have been helpful in trying to clear up a problem that they are responsible for. I suppose that's something to be grateful for.

It's a Thai company with Thai workers operating in the all too common Thai way. Which is why they have lots of customer complaints. If not Thailand, where such business practises are common, whose fault? Do you expect that kind of service wherever it is you come from? I'm sure you are aware that customer service and satisfaction is very much a hit and miss affair in Thailand, often miss. Having said that, when CAT installed my internet they worked until 11.40 on a Sunday night to do so.

Thai customer service certainly has its shortcomings, but where I come from it is often just as bad. Most companies have ridiculously long waits for calls to be answered and charge you for waiting. When you do get through the agent is in a developing country and has limited English and more often than not, refers you on to another department and more waiting! I genuinely don't think Thailand is any more "amazing" in this regard although fortunately I've never had to deal with CTH.

What would be the best set-top box internet option that can be controlled via the TV/remote?

There is so much to choose now hard to say.

We have Minix 8 Android TV boxes that come with their own dedicated remotes that are as easy to use as any remote I have used. You can also use your smart phone as a remote for Android, but I find the physical Minix remote easier.

We run nearly everything from Kodi on the boxes and once that is running the best remote I have ever seen is Yatze remote from Android smart phone or tablet. Boy is that a lovely piece of software!

The wifey has spent 20 mins on the phone with CTH this morning , the 1619 number directed us to 1629 , who in turn told us to call 1619.

So we went back to 1629 , and the lady took all our details , ( the same details they took 12 days ago ) and she said somebody will call back.

So I have no CTH at the moment , and if it isn't sorted by COB today , then it is bye bye CTH.

Ive had TrueVisions for over 8 years. When I have a problem I take a screenshot and email it to them. If you dont let them know an issue how can they improve the service? Ive even had discount bills for assisting them in their research to make the service better.

Sometimes it can be a pain with the system freezing but not that bad to cancel it.

[email protected]

That is another area True Visions differs from CTH . I have e-mailed CTH numerous times and I have never received acknowledgement / or a reply.

I have telephoned CTH numerous times and I have never had a follow up by them.

With True Visions you can log on to your account I believe and check up on stuff , there is no option for this with CTH.

I also use ILikeHD, especially for the Sky Movie Channels, Fox and ESPN sports. Generally pretty reliable with a decent broadband connection. However, quite a few channels have distorted images because they don't adjust aspect ratios from the source. Annoying, particularly when watching sports. But for around 450 baht/month, I'll probably stick with it. I also get a TrueVisions

cheap package for Turner Classic Movies and one ASN channel.

Don't you need True platinum package to get TCM?

Been in to our " local " CTH agent today ( 60 klicks away ) Told them to come and collect their dis and top box etc.

Apparently , the dish belongs to me , so I have to take the top box , remote and cables back to the shop , then they will sign us off.

I have the gold package, pay 1 year up front and get one month free, win win.

Best you take a look at the fine print on paying in advance. Last year I looked and found that, if I had to cancel during the year, there would be no refund for the months not used - not a satang. Called them and they confirmed.

Went to a month- by-month payment. Lasted 3 months and a great and better deal came along. Dropped True like the proverbial hot potato.

I have no wish to watch movies, sport or news on my laptop

You do know that if you have HDMI sockets on your laptop and tv, and all even reasonably new models do, then you can watch anything from the internet on your tv? Right?

How shall I put it? Internet for no apparent reason for hours at a time.

What options you have for internet will depend on where you are and what is allowed if in a rented location. For TV most Thai are happy with PSI/GMMZ free programming on Ku or C-Band. If you are using a dish now for True they also have free option.

Archived