i-Mobile IQ II

Maestro

My Nexus 4 is acting up, many points on the touch screen are not responding, and I am thinking of buying the i-Mobile IQ II to tide me over until the new model of Nexus 5 comes out. Who has experience with the i-Mobile IQ II?

Where in Bangkok is a good place to buy it to be sure to get one without counterfeit parts in it? Does the DTAC Hall in Paragon sell it? I see that the online shop Lazada has it for 3,985 Baht including film and case, but I would like to get it immediately and be able to look at it before buying it.

Aside from English and Thai, what other languages does it support? I would like it to have also Chinese, Italian and French.

Language is a part of the OS and the android covers almost everything, default at power on will be thai but click click and its what ever you like.

Go to an i-mobile shop for an i-mobile phone they will download and install all current updates and add a storage card - your sim or sim's if you like - apply the plastic screen etc. We got two of the 8.1's over a year ago and don't see why anyone would pay 10,000 for a phone if you can get two phones for far less then that. 32gb storage- dual sim - large screen.

They will demo the phone for ya too. We are both vary happy with the phones we got and they include non internet digital TV & radio.

Why don't y check the IQ 2 II topic? I got this phone and its a steal for the money. Okay sometimes I wish it has 2gb of ram, but only a few times really. 75% of smartphone phone users will be happy with it.

Edited by guzzi850m2

So far, the only thing I saw the IQ II does not have is NFC (near field communication), but I did not expect it to have all the bells and whistles of the Nexus 4 and can live with that.

I haven't downloaded all the apps yet that I had on the old phone but found that two apps, forgot which ones, did not show up in the play store when searching for them on the IQ II. Perhaps they got taken off the store for whatever reason.

Internal storage 12GB, and it has a slot for an SD card which can be maximum 32GB. I inserted an 8GB card I had from an old HTC phone.

Android version 5.1.1 (Lollipop). After the phone was set up and I got online, it offered to do an update, which I carried out. The text on the box says that updates are guaranteed for at least two years.

Here is a link to the other topic on the IQ II:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/846036-android-one-introduced-in-thailand-best-value-for-money/

I ended up replacing my failing Galaxy Nexus with an IQ II. This is a great phone for the price, with only a few drawbacks compared to phones that cost 2 or 3 times as much.

Cons: The camera is adequate for a phone at this price, but a step down from a premium phone. I miss having a better camera.

No gyroscope, no noise cancelling mike, no NFC.

GPS has not worked well in my limited experience, it won't navigate like my old phone would. Trying to find a fix for this.

Pros: Price!

Dual SIMs, and either SIM can be used for 3G data (not at the same time of course). No need to swap them around in the slots.

Charges very quickly with the supplied charger, and battery life has been good.

Card slot to expand storage.

Very responsive in menus and switching between apps, cpu performance is excellent.

Overall, I am happy with it. I was holding out for the new Nexus, but the IQ II beats it with the dual SIMs and storage slot. Hard to justify the higher price just to get a better camera, and then lose those features.

The Nexus 5X is out, and will start shipping any day now:

https://store.google.com/product/nexus_5x

So you might want to think about not waiting since there is no longer any wait

The link you provided to Google Store showing:

The Google Store isn't available here yet.

Maybe it will start shipping in the US not in Thailand, I'm afraid.

The link you provided to Google Store showing:

The Google Store isn't available here yet.

Maybe it will start shipping in the US not in Thailand, I'm afraid.

Strange, you of course are correct

I just wonder why the US Google store showed up in my Chrome browser. Maybe my cookies are stronger than the browser locator that tells Google you are in Thailand

If you are the OP, my gf has the IQ and she loves it. I swear her screen is brighter than my Nexus 5 and so far has performed like a charm

Got my i-Mobile IQ II now in MBK, shop 4AB 07, for 3,920 Baht.

Following your lead, I also bought two phones (for my daughter and myself) white and browny.

So far, so good. The only problem till now is transferring files from my old Samsung Galaxy S3. See here .

Running the app GPS Status for the first time, I had to download the GPS assistance data to get a fast GPS location fix.

I guess this will help also with other apps that use GPS (navigators, camera, etc)

post-21260-14454783000695_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I was going to comment on the inordinately long time, sometimes hours, it takes to get a GPS connection with the IQ II but then I noticed the same delay with the Nexus 7 (2013) tablet. This means I can't blame it on a particular device, I guess.

I was going to comment on the inordinately long time, sometimes hours, it takes to get a GPS connection with the IQ II but then I noticed the same delay with the Nexus 7 (2013) tablet. This means I can't blame it on a particular device, I guess.

Tough call. It's mixture of hardware and software.

Were the problems fixed on your previous phone by software upgrade?

My previous phone, the Nexus 4, is for the waste bin. Now the battery no longer charges. I doubt that the problem of many parts of the capacitive screen not responding would have been solved with the upgrade to Android 6.

Can anyone give any tips of how to transfer music (video I've not tried yet but it would be the same) onto the IQ II?

I'm normally good at this but can't get it to work, I'm using a Win 10 Pc and IQII has Marshmallow OS and copying to the internal storage there is no extra sd card yet

The icon for the phone is there on the pc under 'This PC' If I click it a folder opens which is empty, I tried to copy an audio file to this folder and it says 'can not copy, device is not responding' the phone is on and unlocked. According to the google music help file on the phone it says just drag them into the phones music folder, I dont see any folders on the 'I-mobile IQ II' in 'This PC'

I've tried it with Win 10 autoplay settings set as 'phone companion' and 'file explorer' with the same result.

Thanks

Edited by alphason

It is tough to try and diagnose your problem remotely but one thing I have noticed is that I must choose a function that I want the USB port to perform. I have to choose whether I want the USB port to charge or copy:

Storage > USB computer connection > connect as 1. Media Device or 2. Camera (PTP) in Android 5+ (lollipop). Many more options in Android 6 (marshmallow) but in any event you have to tell the phone what you want to do via USB

It is tough to try and diagnose your problem remotely but one thing I have noticed is that I must choose a function that I want the USB port to perform. I have to choose whether I want the USB port to charge or copy:

Storage > USB computer connection > connect as 1. Media Device or 2. Camera (PTP) in Android 5+ (lollipop). Many more options in Android 6 (marshmallow) but in any event you have to tell the phone what you want to do via USB

Thanks,

On the IQII with Marshmallow I have gone to settings>Storage&USB then I get a screen headed Internal Storage but all it is a list with capacity eg 'Images 1.55MB' there is an 'explore' button and I can see the folder 'Music' exists but don;t see it on the PC. I can't find anything that relates to the USB connection.

Ok I have just found the solution, along the lines of what Langsuan Man suggested but the setting was not easy too find.

When its connected with USB to the PC it is in charging only mode, you have to go to the notifications where it shows usb is connected and tap if for more options and select 'Transfer Files (MTP)', not sure why this is not in any settings menus where I was looking for it.

Ok I have just found the solution, along the lines of what Langsuan Man suggested but the setting was not easy too find.

When its connected with USB to the PC it is in charging only mode, you have to go to the notifications where it shows usb is connected and tap if for more options and select 'Transfer Files (MTP)', not sure why this is not in any settings menus where I was looking for it.

It is there both in lollipop and marshmallow, it is just that marshmallow gives you more options

You may have to plug and unplug your usb several times for it to be recognized to give you these options. Plugging it in will automatically start it charging since charging is the default action

post-10942-0-93216400-1447741979_thumb.p

If you want further information on file transfers in Android, go here:

http://www.howtogeek.com/192732/android-usb-connections-explained-mtp-ptp-and-usb-mass-storage/

• 4 weeks later...

Not really in the same ballpark in terms of pricing as the IQ II...

Right now, the list for the IQ II is about $125 U.S. (4,444b), whereas the Nexus 5X is priced as of today in the U.S. Google Store at $329 (supposedly reflecting a $50 discount) for the 16 GB version.

You could get two IQ IIs for the price of one Nexus 5X, and still have cash leftover. And that's not including the extra expense that would be involved in shipping them from the U.S. if one ordered the 5X there.