Australian tourist arrested for bank robbery in Saphan Kwai

webfact

So I was reading this thread about Australians committing brazen daylight robbery, then I realised it was about Rugby.

What's this one about then?

biggrin.png

Its about Aussie very quickly becoming the Nigeria of the asia pacific region

In your fantasy world perhaps.

Nigeria is actually a nice place, I've been there and had a thoroughly good time, wish I could say the same for poor old SA, armed holdup capital of the world.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

More quality tourism. What more can one expect from a country built off the back of convict labor?

Spoken like a true well breed upstanding muppet -

Suggest a quick read of the following - just for your education ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Australian_inventions

Well I was wondering how long it would take to get that kind of reaction. Almost a world record. It's called irony Sunshine! I'm from the Land Downunder and we have a sense of humor. It appears you've lost yours.

it seems our sense of humour is lost on most i have had several take umbrage already and i joined a week ago lol...

why is that it aint that bloody hard to suss whats a crack and what is fair dinkum.

Last time I went to Australia, at immigration they said "Do you have a criminal record?", I said "I didn't think you still needed one".

rat-a-tat-*ching*

A bit below the belt - but certainly a good one and worth a laugh ..........

Last time I went to Australia, at immigration they said "Do you have a criminal record?", I said "I didn't think you still needed one".

rat-a-tat-*ching*

A bit below the belt - but certainly a good one and worth a laugh ..........

Alternatively, "Do you have a criminal record"? "Yes, the Greatest Hits of New Kids On The Block".

More quality tourism. What more can one expect from a country built off the back of convict labor?

Yeah - convicts all from Great Britain where you obviously come from. Mr. indeed.

You mean Aussie surely ? as the poster has already clarifed he is a skippy

Whats has happened to the Aussie sense of humour ? They are sounding more and more like USers everyday...everything so serious and literal

Serious? Why, we laugh at you ozzies everyday.

rat-a-tat-*ching*

I had a pal who landed a six month exchange posting with the Australian Army. Whilst at the High Commission in London sorting out visas he tried the same joke.

The official sighed, picked up his papers, said " I'll leave you to think about that", and left.

After 60 minutes of my pal sitting in a room with a desk and two chairs, and nothing else, the official returned, sat down and said, "so, do you have a criminal record? "

23 year old Ph.D. I guess he is someones girlfriend now. Welcome to hell.

Does anyone know if there is a ox or buffalo involved in the case?

Section 339 Whoever, commits theft by doing any act of violence or threatening to do any act of violence immediately in order:

1. To facilitate the theft or taking away of the thing;
  2. To obtain delivery of the thing;
  3. To take hole of the thing;
  4. To conceal the commission of such offence; or
  5. To escape from arrest, is said to commit robbery, and of five shall be punished with imprisonment to ten years and fined of ten thousand to twenty thousand Baht.

If such offence is committed under the circumstances as provided in any subsection of Section 335, or being to commit against the ox, buffalo, mechanical device or machinery of the agriculturist to possess for purpose of carrying on agricultural pursuit, the offender shall be punished with imprisonment of ten to fifteen years and fined of twenty thousand to thirty thousand Baht.

Edited by NCC1701A

Here is the young smart fella , what a winner he told police he spent all his money in Nana ? wonder what he did with his return ticket ? must of cashed it in and gave it to his favorite girl there ? Unfortunately for him and his family back home his all over the Aussie media now ?

Aussie man charged with robbing Thai bank for plane ticket home

Read more at

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2015/10/20/02/33/aust-man-charged-over-thai-bank-robbery

Australian held for 'robbing' bank for his flight home
The Nation

30271212-03.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- An Australian national was arrested yesterday after allegedly robbing a bank with a fake gun in Bangkok's Phaya Thai district. He managed to get away away with Bt158,000 after an alleged 12-second hold-up at a Thanachart Bank branch. But was captured shortly after by a couple of good samaritans and a patrolling police officer.

The 23-year-old Ice cream shop assistant, Zachary Adrian Cronin, was presented to the press with the cash, a mask, a fake gun and sunglasses. He was then made to re-enact the crime at six locations.

Cronin claimed that he has been in Thailand for a month and had spent all the Bt100,000 he had, so he planned to rob the bank so he could buy a ticket home. Apparently he had been scouting the bank two days before the robbery.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Australian-held-for-robbing-bank-for-his-flight-ho-30271212.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-10-20

So I was reading this thread about Australians committing brazen daylight robbery, then I realised it was about Rugby.

What's this one about then?

biggrin.png

Its about Aussie very quickly becoming the Nigeria of the asia pacific region

In your fantasy world perhaps.

Nigeria is actually a nice place, I've been there and had a thoroughly good time, wish I could say the same for poor old SA, armed holdup capital of the world.

Actually Ned

think your referring to JHB deat boy and it was car hi jackings not banks....if your going to try a witty rebuttal at least try and make it factually correct :D

'All he shouted was "money!"'- now why didn't he go toTV's own Thai language forum and ask for a translation of: "Freeze! This is a hold-up, nobody moves and nobody gets hurt!" first. At the Buffalo bridge branch too.

He could have shouted, 'Stick your hands up, you bum.' The bank teller would have smiled and replied, 'Solly I not contortionist.'