Any news on METV visa ?

Hi, Im British and living in France, spending a few months in Thailand every winter. I've always had a double entry from Monaco. I've seen lately a few posts on the new visa rules on TV , but can't see anything online here on the Frech websites. I have no problem with the requirements ( though some seem ratherOTT). Monaco hardly ever answers her phone and Paris is awful, does anyone have any news about the new rules? Is it best to wait till after the 13 November for more info ? And will the double entry disappea r as everyone seems to think? Thanks all.

By the way, if it is convenient to you to get double entry visa now, that is what I recommend you to do. After Nov 13th you would be paying more than twice for the multiple entry, and may find even stricter requirements, both in France and the UK.

• Like 1

By the way, if it is convenient to you to get double entry visa now, that is what I recommend you to do. After Nov 13th you would be paying more than twice for the multiple entry, and may find even stricter requirements, both in France and the UK.

however, you can stay 6 months on a multi entry, but only 4 months on a double entry

yeah i know you could extend the double to get 6 months, but that would cost 2000 for visa and 3800 for the extensions

so if someone is intending to stay 6 months the new ME is cheaper. but for a 4 month stay the old Double Entry would be cheaper

• Like 1

however, you can stay 6 months on a multi entry, but only 4 months on a double entry

yeah i know you could extend the double to get 6 months, but that would cost 2000 for visa and 3800 for the extensions

so if someone is intending to stay 6 months the new ME is cheaper. but for a 4 month stay the old Double Entry would be cheaper

It not so. You can stay 6 months with double entry visa, because each entry can be extended 30 day at immigration, for a cost of bt 1,900.

So for a six months stay with double entry visa cost (as long it is available) is GBP 50 for the visa, plus 70 for the extension, total GBP 120. With the multi entry cost will be always GBP 125.

Note that you can stay almost nine months with the multi entry, just do a last entry near to the end of the 6 months validity, then extended for 30 days more.

Forgot to mention that to stay six months with a multiple entry toursit visa by doing no extension, one needs to leave and re-enter twice. So between travel cost and border country visa cost (if any) that makes total much higher than 125 pounds.

Edited by paz

where do you get the cost of 125 GBP for the multi entry visa?

i thought the multi entry will cost 5000baht, which is 91 GBP at today exchange rate

edit: i just looked at the other thread - Finish Embassy charging 130 euros, which is 93GBP

you are correct about the extra visa run, which could be expensive depending on where you go. i cant understand thai immigrations need to make people leave the country after 60 days, so strange. they want people to leave not spend money in Thailand. at least give 90 days, or why not all 6 months?

Edited by doctor pat

i thought the multi entry will cost 5000baht, which is 91 GBP at today exchange rate"

"Paz" causes confusion by referring to "multi-entry" tourist visas which, at the moment do not exist.

See post 6 for the financial "reasoning" but ignore references to "multi entry" tourist visas.

i thought the multi entry will cost 5000baht, which is 91 GBP at today exchange rate

edit: i just looked at the other thread - Finish Embassy charging 130 euros, which is 93GBP

you are correct about the extra visa run, which could be expensive depending on where you go. i cant understand thai immigrations need to make people leave the country after 60 days, so strange. they want people to leave not spend money in Thailand. at least give 90 days, or why not all 6 months?

Far from causing confusion, I'm trying to bring meaningful advice about the upcoming multi-entry toursit visa.

Disregard the cost in Thai baht, because the consulate will apply an exchange rate that is favorable to them. In Italy will be Euro 150, so I think it will be BGP 125 in the UK.

Thai immigration task is to enforce laws and regulations. The immigration act states that each entry for purpose of tourist cannoy exceed 90 days.

post-26625-0-89631800-1444655045_thumb.j

i have a question about the new metv , is it possible to use this visa for studying thai, can i enroll at a school ??

wbr

roobaa01

There is no requirement to have a ED visa or extension of stay to attend school. It can be done on a tourist visa.

i have a question about the new metv , is it possible to use this visa for studying thai, can i enroll at a school ??

wbr

roobaa01

that for tourist not education smile.png take ed visa

Not correct. Many people are changing to tourist visas because the ED extension process as gotten a lot harder.

• Like 1