CTH is no more

piewarmer

A friend in Chiang Mai just paid his monthly CTH bill 2 days ago, today no signal, no answer on the CTH helpdesk

he says bars here are screaming ..no premier league.

I dropped in to the Red Lion, they didn't know at first, didnt believe me but they have error 16 on tuning in.

I'm now believing CTH is dead in the water.

I couldn't find a thread about this so I started this one.

Rumour has it that True has Premier League next year.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CTH is working fine for me also.

Last month there was an extra charge on my bill for 643 baht along with a 3 page letter showing every payment I'd ever made. The wife said the letter didn't make any sense to her (no real surprise there) so we called them to query the extra charge. After more than 45 minutes and three different people we were told the charge was "for something they forget to charge us for when we first took out our subscription".

They couldn't say what it was, just we owed them and it had taken them a couple of years to notice.

Without any on-screen message, letter or warning whatsoever, they switched my whole channel package (which I have had for 2yrs) off Tuesday lunchtime, no answer any number we called, always busy, went to local office in person today and they could not get through neither! Be careful, call center and billing dept now saying you pay 1,000bt each year to use box which is a blatant lie and its their way of getting you to sign up for new box at same price and new fixed 12mth contract, the local office confirmed this and I could see there amazement at this tactic! If rumors are true, they are in big trouble and are now resorting to these tactics to get you on a new 12mth contract before they lose the Premier League rights to TrueVisions, nice little trick if true eh? CTH is a disgrace, blatant liars and I for one will pursue this matter to the end and make as many as possible aware to there tactics. Check the left side of your bill for current charges and outstanding charges, if you have an outstanding balance above your usual monthly fee then challenge them and dispute any excuses, saving face blatant lies because there is no annual box fee whatsoever, nothing in contract and make sure if you can, to pay your monthly bills via internet banking so you have a record of all bills paid and when otherwise its your word as a foreigner vs the Thai saving face words and we know how that usually ends up don't we??? I have been promised that my package will be switched back on around 6pm this evening, the office emailed to the call center but I wonder if anyone will read it or respond?? I'm not holding my breath, but at least I actually got some sympathy and understanding at the local CTH office today and upon getting home, have a Facebook message reply from some CTH company page admin appologizing, and promising to also look into this matter urgently to rectify..... That was over 3hrs ago but at least my slight descriptive where to shove their box message must have been lost in translation lol! Many having same issue so be aware if you get this message on screen: EO16-0 No valid entitlement found

Last month there was an extra charge on my bill for 643 baht along with a 3 page letter showing every payment I'd ever made. The wife said the letter didn't make any sense to her (no real surprise there) so we called them to query the extra charge. After more than 45 minutes and three different people we were told the charge was "for something they forget to charge us for when we first took out our subscription".

They couldn't say what it was, just we owed them and it had taken them a couple of years to notice.

You're lucky! My surprise charge was 1800.00bht shown on a 2 page statement of payments due and made since November 2013. I understood it was for the set top box which i paid for at installation to the CTH agents on Sukhumvit Rd Pattaya. I had previously been assured by 1619 that it had been paid when they asked me before during December 2014. In the past 6 weeks I've made many phone calls to 1619, and sent faxes and emails enclosing copies of the receipt I had in November 2013.

My last conversation, about 10 days ago ended with a member of their call centre staff assuring me they had just set my account to 'Zero', but I would have to wait till I received my next monthly bill to check this. It's common knowledge that CTH only had a rudimentary (chaotic) accounting system when they initially sold EPL, and we the customers are now bearing the brunt of this inefficiency, albeit 2 years after the eventW. BTW, I've just checked and CTH service is normal.

We've had a few people contacting the Thaivisa FB page about this.

Anyone else experiencing issues with CTH currently?

I have just now forwarded detailed information to Bangkok Post where I hope they can take the time to pursue and ask questions becuase this is by no way isolated and the tactics they are employing need to be highlighted and shared!

It's looking like their accounts department have hada few issues as many of us have received these back-dated bills. I called and was told they were unpaid bills over the last two years but I could pay them in installments.

Trying the same with me, phantom unpaid bills and then saying they charge yearly fee for box which today i was assured is absolute nonsense by their local office! I have just paid 200bt to my bank for online statements for every payment from last year to prove when i paid, that i have never missed a payment and that they are blatant liars and I will pursue them for every baht it costs me in phone calls, statements whatever!!

You're lucky! My surprise charge was 1800.00bht shown on a 2 page statement of payments due and made since November 2013. I understood it was for the set top box which i paid for at installation to the CTH agents on Sukhumvit Rd Pattaya. I had previously been assured by 1619 that it had been paid when they asked me before during December 2014. In the past 6 weeks I've made many phone calls to 1619, and sent faxes and emails enclosing copies of the receipt I had in November 2013.

My last conversation, about 10 days ago ended with a member of their call centre staff assuring me they had just set my account to 'Zero', but I would have to wait till I received my next monthly bill to check this. It's common knowledge that CTH only had a rudimentary (chaotic) accounting system when they initially sold EPL, and we the customers are now bearing the brunt of this inefficiency, albeit 2 years after the eventW. BTW, I've just checked and CTH service is normal.

Same with me basically, i have ust paid 200bt to my bank for copies of statements from my online payment record to CTH to prove their ignorance, blatant lies and dell boy sales techniques, i'm making everyone and their dog aware of this on every blog site, Facebook group page wherever including a detailed message to the Bangkok Post to look intio their practices at CTH! The more we spread the word the more chance we get to the truth, an appology and resumed service for which i still do not bloody have!!!!

We've had a few people contacting the Thaivisa FB page about this.

Anyone else experiencing issues with CTH currently?

I have just now forwarded detailed information to Bangkok Post where I hope they can take the time to pursue and ask questions becuase this is by no way isolated and the tactics they are employing need to be highlighted and shared!

Send it to The Nation too so we can post it on the forum ;-)

I've been asked for over 7000 baht. In return I'll be asking them for a detailed analysis/breakdown and a reason they have not requested the money for two years. If they refuse or cannot supply the info I need I will get a lawyer to send them a letter saying that simply demanding money with no explanation isn't going to work.

I also lost service on Tuesday afternoon but it was on again this morning (Wednesday) as promised with all channels intact, including Stadium 6. As far as I can discover, the new boxes which I believe are part of a bailout deal linking CTH with GMM do not have Stadium 6. Only the old boxes broadcast it. My wife was told in July that they were ending all English language channels except Fox News in August (not true), If/when the PL switches back to True then I'll switch to internet coverage (ilikeHD) for a fifth of what True charges for their high-end packages.

only 2 CTH sport channels working on Ilikehd on my comp.

Arena 2 and X... the rest are black screen, one shows err 16.

It is a girls game anyway no great loss i get more excited watching paint dry same as golf & just as boring, but different strokes for different folks

We used to have cth premier league 2 yars ago but down graded to just normal tv about 300 baht a month. We pay monthly at the local office and my wife used to frown when i insisted each invoice we paid was signed by a staff member as being paid in full.

2 weeks ago we got a back dated bill for 22,000 baht from hq (not local) covering the period after we cancelled premier league.

Their accounts at hq is in a big mess.

Glad I bailed out from CTH at the end of last season, when a friend told me they were practically bankrupt then. Changing (downgrading) the packages was announced a few months back with no English speaking programmes to be introduced soon. I even managed to get my deposit back after god knows how many phone calls and the like. As someone has already stated Truevisions are in the pot for the PL for the next 3 seasons 2016-2019 probably as part of a consortium to make it financially viable, all this we are number one crap just doesn't cut it in the modern world.

I am in the same issue with CTH and I am trying to report them to the NBTC. I never received a bill for more then one year 2013 to 2014, 2014 I lowered the plan then I started getting text about the current bill so I paid the current bill , I even called to complain about never getting old bill. Just last month I received my bill for nearly all of 2014, 9K something THB. I thought well since they took so long to bill me I will just pay a bit on it, I paid 1,600 plus the 299 my current plan, My signal was cut today and after i called they demanded the 8K, I told them NO you cut the signal you are NOT getting any money from me now and am contacting the NBTC I have sent an email to a contact from the NBTC that I have through Twitter today, but no reply yet. This is a disgrace and should never ever happen in any country. I was going to pay the bill because I owe the bill, I made a payment on the bill even, but NO NO NO not now

I encourage all of you to stand up and even not pay or contact the NBTC non payment for cable bills is not reported to the credit agency here but that may change soon so do not worry I am NOT letting them treat me like this they either will turn the signal back on without me making the whole payment or lose the entire 8K it is that simple

Yes; we were suddenly cut-off also; 2 days ago (Pattaya). My wife has been on the blower to them 2 full days, but somehow she can not get through to even talk to anybody . . . . . . Beginning to look & sound pretty hopeless

ALL fine here in the sakon jungle....full package............but they hit me with a 13000 bill last month.....which i did owe as they had not sent me 14 bills in just over 2 years i ve had CTH....

Got similar last month.

Every bill we got before just said monthly fee but we have not paid it for year and a half as we assumed they cut us off as no channels or signal .

We got satellitte guy we know to check and he said looked like we got cut off.

Then last month bill saying 20,000 bht.

Well they can sing for that as far as i care !!

Exactly the same problem - 2 months ago I was sent a bill for around 5000 Baht to cover ' initial installation charges in September 2013 ( boxes, dish, etc ) ' - an amount which had not appeared on any of the 24 or so previous bills from CTH.

All my monthly payments have been up to date since September 2013 . I spoke to the call centre about this at the time and they told me that it was simply a 'glitch in the system' ( not the phrase they used ) and that I should pay the normal monthly amount - which I did.

However , apparently at exactly the same time as others, at 4 p.m. yesterday ( just as I had returned from paying my October monthly bill ) I was cut off - since when the 1619 number has redirected me to a pre-recorded message and my emails have gone unanswered .I can only watch the 'free to view' Thai channels .

The installers , who I visited today to try to nake some progress, could not get through to them on either 1619 ...or 1629, a number they were suggesting we might try ... neither could they get through to the CTH Head Office Number - which was answered , but again re-directed them to a pre-recorded message,

It looks rather as if they are doing their best to squeeze as much money as they can from existing subscribers for spurious reasons.Many people are reporting that they have been cut off over the last few days for 'non-payment of longstanding bills ' - and CTH cannot be reached to even discuss the issue.

I think they may cease trading soon .

only 2 CTH sport channels working on Ilikehd on my comp.

Arena 2 and X... the rest are black screen, one shows err 16.

It is a girls game anyway no great loss i get more excited watching paint dry same as golf & just as boring, but different strokes for different folks

Yes you are indeed one sick puppy if you have to waste your time on this earth posting negative comments about things you don't like to people who do like those thingsthumbsup.gif

Archived