CTH is no more

piewarmer

So to summarise: CTH are still around, still as inept as ever and this thread title is absolute bo***cks?

You should all contact www.tvaway.com See what you get for 1100 baht a month. You will never go back to CTH or true ever again

You should do a bit of research and find solutions that are less than a quarter of the price and just as good, if not better.

wink.png

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if this has anything to do with them being sued in August?

http://www.law360.com/articles/689187/wwe-hits-thai-broadcasting-co-with-4m-contract-suit

On a side note, I wonder if they have noticed that someone has injected some gibberish essay writing articles in to their wordpress site? (Thai news page)

Could be ... wonder what their cashflow is like?

So to summarise: CTH are still around, still as inept as ever and this thread title is absolute bo***cks?

You should all contact www.tvaway.com See what you get for 1100 baht a month. You will never go back to CTH or true ever again

www.tvaway.com

Is this a satellite TV setup that you can use in the middle of rural Thailand? I'm sure we have line of sight to any satellite in this part of the hemisphere.

I hate to sound as dumb as a box of hammers, but I really am when it comes to understanding TV options in Thailand, especially out here in rural Lamphun.

The answer is if you want premier league is to go to 365.com. they stream only sport and cover all sports the same as true vision and CTH including premiere league but they don't get V8 super cars from Australia, they are always on youtube anyway.I have had 365 for 2 weeks and happy with it. I paid for 3 months. Pay about 1800 bt for 3 months including set up fee. Its not worth signing for one month as there is a 300bt set up fee. If you are happy like me I will then sign up for 1 year , one payment 6000 bt = 500 bt a month with no set up fee.. Just sign in once save your details .. easy. Take it casual for 3 months if that all you need. No cancelation fees.NO SET TOP BOX.

Its a global co. My friends watch it in the UK and access it on their PC in the UK and also when they come to Thailand.. Can be signed in to use on a different PC but only one at a time . When travelling Thailand can use on hotel Wi-Fi.The

best way at home is to have an HDMI cable like I have to my 42inch tv. In 2 weeks it has never stopped or failed. I have a

600 bt 3BB connection which works fine.

Just had to turn my tv on and off as a couple of times the sound did not work on my tv which is not a 365 problem.. I get movies and tv shows form Kodi ( previously XBMC). All cheaper and good .. James

as a CTH subscriber I remember they never sent any invoices out for about 11 months so they never got paid a friend told mine told me they cut him off in his bar so he phoned them and they said if you don't pay the 11 months outstanding we will not connect you again, he told them to stick it where the sun don't shine.

I then come home and they have cut me off also I will tell them they same tomorrow. im sick of the poor service we have to endue in Thailand

You should do a bit of research and find solutions that are less than a quarter of the price and just as good, if not better.

wink.png

yes your right I've been paying 50,000 baht a year for true and CTH I am cancelling both at the end of November

If it were possible to figure out anything on that horrible website, then maybe there would be something to consider.

I would recommend people to look into www.iflix.com. No box required, works on any device. 100 baht per month.

as a CTH subscriber I remember they never sent any invoices out for about 11 months so they never got paid a friend told mine told me they cut him off in his bar so he phoned them and they said if you don't pay the 11 months outstanding we will not connect you again, he told them to stick it where the sun don't shine.

I then come home and they have cut me off also I will tell them they same tomorrow. im sick of the poor service we have to endue in Thailand

Not receiving invoices for 11 months, and then be asked to pay them interest free, I can hardly call bad service.

By the way, I have the 5 CTH Stadium channels for free.

Note to self. Just because the bill didn't arrive this month, doesn't mean I don't have to bother paying and keep using the service for free.

cos if a farang company sent a invoice 11 months latter the Thais would pay right ?

Do CTH allow you to go to their office to pay, or pay via internet?

When TOT stopped sending me bills I went to their office once a month and had no problem paying. This was when BKK got flooded.

Just seems cheeky using a service that you have not paid for and then baulking when they try to collect the arrears.

Anyhow, probably irrelevant now as it sounds like the issues are more serious and CTH are attempting to fill coffers before pulling the plug......

I don't think bringing race into this really achieves much..... western companies have dubious practices too.

Not receiving invoices for 11 months, and then be asked to pay them interest free, I can hardly call bad service.

By the way, I have the 5 CTH Stadium channels for free.

yes and I will have them also by the end of this week clap2.gif

www.tvaway.com

Is this a satellite TV setup that you can use in the middle of rural Thailand? I'm sure we have line of sight to any satellite in this part of the hemisphere.

I hate to sound as dumb as a box of hammers, but I really am when it comes to understanding TV options in Thailand, especially out here in rural Lamphun.

In common with all the other supposedly cheaper alternatives to CTH and GMMZ referred to in this thread, this particular mob only appear to be viewable via the internet. Fine, of course, if you have ready high-speed internet access to hand - which I assume that you don't, in common with myself and most of us who choose to live out in the sticks.

To have any chance of enjoying these cheaper options I would need to fork out 20,000 THB for TOT to run a landline the 2km from their nearest junction box to our humble abode. And internet speeds would, of course, be significantly reduced by time they reach our end of the line, meaning that live EPL games would probably, in practice, be completely unviewable unless we were prepared to tolerate freezing screens to an extent far greater than that to which we have become accustomed with CTH!

So, to all intents and purposes, you and I are, in practice, probably stuck with CTH or GMMZ (or with any successor provider who might win the rights to screen live EPL games here under the new 3-year deal from the 2016-17 season).sad.png

I signed up for the 3 year cable package in July 2015 when they won the EPL rights. I received an EMS letter from them yesterday in Thai only informing me that the cable service will be turned off on 12 November because they are changing to a satellite only system on that date. They have agreed to send me the new box for free sometime after 1 November on receipt of which I will need to buy a satellite dish and get someone to install it and get it working. Having seen their administration at first hand over the last two years it will be a miracle if all cable subscribers are up and running with the satellite system by 12 November.

Why on earth they couldn't provide more notice and get the new boxes delivered earlier is beyond me.

I received an EMS letter from them yesterday in Thai only informing me that the cable service will be turned off on 12 November because they are changing to a satellite only system on that date. They have agreed to send me the new box for free sometime after 1 November on receipt of which I will need to buy a satellite dish and get someone to install it and get it working. Having seen their administration at first hand over the last two years it will be a miracle if all cable subscribers are up and running with the satellite system by 12 November.

Why on earth they couldn't provide more notice and get the new boxes delivered earlier is beyond me.

According news reports and Wikipedia,

CTH (or CTH Public Company Limited, formerly known as Cable Thai Holding Public Company Limited) ... brings together cable operators and is a major pay TV operator in the country. Its digital platform leads the way in providing OTT and hybrid services in Thailand. It offers its customers more than 140 channels, 30 in High Definition (HD), including premium content such as Barclays English Premier League soccer matches. Its pay-TV channel has a customer base of over 2.5 million households and is the largest in Thailand.
In February 2014 the company stated that it would focus more on satellite-TV operators to expand its subscriber base and by June the company reduced its cable partners to about 100 operators from 170. In June 2014 CTH Public Company Limited chose Inview Technology and Irdeto to introduce OTT and hybrid versions of its cable services.
So, looks like an ongoing business restructuring, just happens to be your turn.
Yea, A Ku-Band dish, LNB, mounted, aligned, coaxial cable feed run direct to the new 'box'.
Once they deliver the 'box', just find a local store with lots of small sat dished displayed. They'll know what to do. Though, make sure you agree with what they plan to actually do as some of them are more 'hack' installers and are likely to mount the dish in the easiest/unaesthetic of locations.

I signed up for the 3 year cable package in July 2015 when they won the EPL rights. I received an EMS letter from them yesterday in Thai only informing me that the cable service will be turned off on 12 November because they are changing to a satellite only system on that date. They have agreed to send me the new box for free sometime after 1 November on receipt of which I will need to buy a satellite dish and get someone to install it and get it working. Having seen their administration at first hand over the last two years it will be a miracle if all cable subscribers are up and running with the satellite system by 12 November.

I think you have your years wrong.

They were awarded three years of EPL rights from 2013-2016.

There is a pretty good chance they won't win the new three-year package; Other people have they beady eyes on them.

Sounds to me like they are trying to force people to buy new gear to try and lock them into whatever services they are planning on offering next year.

Personally I'd dump them for an Internet solution until the next round is sorted.

In common with all the other supposedly cheaper alternatives to CTH and GMMZ referred to in this thread, this particular mob only appear to be viewable via the internet. Fine, of course, if you have ready high-speed internet access to hand - which I assume that you don't, in common with myself and most of us who choose to live out in the sticks.

To have any chance of enjoying these cheaper options I would need to fork out 20,000 THB for TOT to run a landline the 2km from their nearest junction box to our humble abode. And internet speeds would, of course, be significantly reduced by time they reach our end of the line, meaning that live EPL games would probably, in practice, be completely unviewable unless we were prepared to tolerate freezing screens to an extent far greater than that to which we have become accustomed with CTH!

So, to all intents and purposes, you and I are, in practice, probably stuck with CTH or GMMZ (or with any successor provider who might win the rights to screen live EPL games here under the new 3-year deal from the 2016-17 season).sad.png

Have you asked TOT if TOTWINET is available in your area?

No expensive cabling to install. TOT fit a very small transmitter/receiver to your house. I think it cost around 2000 baht for installation plus the modem and for 590 baht a month the speeds are more than fast enough for streaming live EPL football etc.

I received an EMS letter from them yesterday in Thai only informing me that the cable service will be turned off on 12 November because they are changing to a satellite only system on that date. They have agreed to send me the new box for free sometime after 1 November on receipt of which I will need to buy a satellite dish and get someone to install it and get it working. Having seen their administration at first hand over the last two years it will be a miracle if all cable subscribers are up and running with the satellite system by 12 November.

According news reports and Wikipedia,

CTH (or CTH Public Company Limited, formerly known as Cable Thai Holding Public Company Limited) ... brings together cable operators and is a major pay TV operator in the country. Its digital platform leads the way in providing OTT and hybrid services in Thailand. It offers its customers more than 140 channels, 30 in High Definition (HD), including premium content such as Barclays English Premier League soccer matches. Its pay-TV channel has a customer base of over 2.5 million households and is the largest in Thailand.
In February 2014 the company stated that it would focus more on satellite-TV operators to expand its subscriber base and by June the company reduced its cable partners to about 100 operators from 170. In June 2014 CTH Public Company Limited chose Inview Technology and Irdeto to introduce OTT and hybrid versions of its cable services.
So, looks like an ongoing business restructuring, just happens to be your turn.
Yea, A Ku-Band dish, LNB, mounted, aligned, coaxial cable feed run direct to the new 'box'.
Once they deliver the 'box', just find a local store with lots of small sat dished displayed. They'll know what to do. Though, make sure you agree with what they plan to actually do as some of them are more 'hack' installers and are likely to mount the dish in the easiest/unaesthetic of locations.

So maybe they need to rebrand themselves as STH (standing for Satellite Thai Holding) Public Company Limited then if they're getting out of cable!laugh.png

Have you asked TOT if TOTWINET is available in your area?

No expensive cabling to install. TOT fit a very small transmitter/receiver to your house. I think it cost around 2000 baht for installation plus the modem and for 590 baht a month the speeds are more than fast enough for streaming live EPL football etc.

I must admit that I haven't! Many thanks for the suggestion.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

A lot of my channels are today saying 'not in your package' for no obvious reason. Anyone else having this problem? I imagine thousands of people trying to call the one number and having no chance of getting through, just like when this topic was originally opened. Maybe this time CTH really is finished.

A lot of my channels are today saying 'not in your package' for no obvious reason. Anyone else having this problem? I imagine thousands of people trying to call the one number and having no chance of getting through, just like when this topic was originally opened. Maybe this time CTH really is finished.

My mistake!! I didn't realise that after getting (unjustly) cut off last time my staff made a 3-month promotional subscription, which has now ended. i am supposed to go online to pay for a new package, but since there are many different packages on offer and it's all in Thai, I may wait to see what will happen with the EPL coverage before committing. Without EPL, there isn't much on CTH that I don't get on Truevisions. Less than 3 months before the new Premier League season and still no official announcement as to who is broadcasting it.

I have had a monthly internet autorenew package for the EPL with CTH via an app which is built into my Samsung TV. Always worked ok, better when I moved from 3BB to AIS for Internet. CTH just cut it off which I'd planned to do anyway for the summer but if they'd left it alone I'd have probably paid another month given my tendency for procrastination. I'd like to see Bein cutting a deal with a couple of Internet companies. AIS gave me an internet TV box which we never use as the condo cable has the same channels but I'd happily pay AIS or 3BB for EPL access. The thought of dealing with True again fills me with dread.

On tuesday I paid another 999baht for a further month for 'beyond CTH.

Now no signal for this,just the onscreen message .

Telephone calls useless.

So,they take my money and thats it.

If they dont get any joy from Bein I can only say 'good riddance"

Its a pity because their Stadium channels were very good.

CTH risen from the dead.

I was fed up with the on screen message and havnt tried CTH for a week.

Had nothing to do .so this morning,expecting the same on screen message I switch the CTH box on.

Hundreds of channels...Sky News and American channels,stadium channels all working.Many channels also in HD and SD.

I have no idea why

• 2 weeks later...

Archived