CTH is no more

piewarmer

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So,it seems that CTH are in deep problems.I wonder if TRUE can come to help us football fans and arrange to show the EPL games

I suspect that we shall, in practice, have little choice other than to bide our time until the start of next season when TRUE will, hopefully, win the rights to screen live EPL games in LOS under the new 3-year deal.

Note to self. Just because the bill didn't arrive this month, doesn't mean I don't have to bother paying and keep using the service for free.

Thanks for that contribution smartarse. When my bills weren't arriving I went to the local office and got a form so I could pay at the bank (which I have done). I am still in the same situation as others where I have been cut off and a mystery outstanding balance has appeared 2 years after my initial subscription.

I am in the same issue with CTH and I am trying to report them to the NBTC.

This pathetic shambles also need to be reported to the EPL IMHO, especially given that the rights to televise live games in LOS under the new 3-year deal starting from the 2016-17 season are presumably up for grabs at the present time. Easier said than done in practice, though, unfortunately - whenever I attempt to obtain contact details from the EPL website I am invariably redirected to some site which is exclusively in the Thai language with no alternative English option as far as I can tell!crazy.gif

I tried complaining to the Premier League after CTH fell out with my local provider in Khon Kaen. I had the service through cable so it just got cut off. That didn't stop CTH continuing to send me bills for about 5 months.

I got a sucrose reply thanking me for my concern but reassuring me of the Premier League's confidence in CTH as a world class broadcaster. You couldn't make it up.

I have my installer here at the moment.

It seems that all or most Thai channels are ok but not any channels from outside Thailand.

Since I never use these channels ...only the stadium channels and the News channels thats not much use to me

Note to self. Just because the bill didn't arrive this month, doesn't mean I don't have to bother paying and keep using the service for free.

Inane comment from jacko. Without a current bill you don't have that months reference number (I checked) so you can't pay at the bank when you don't have a local office. I had to call CTH to obtain it who confirmed that without it I would be simply paying the old bill twice. If a company is so poorly managed that it can't even bill its customers properly then it deserves non payment and bankruptcy which is where I think it is heading. I don't understand it's business model. It paid a fortune for EPL rights yet has no commercial advertisers on stadium 6 (presumably other stadium channels too?) just endless trailers. Where is it obtaining its revenue from to fund this,clearly not sufficient from subscribers whom it can't even bill properly! Very dangerous to pay for year in advance for service you may not get.

Glad I bailed out from CTH at the end of last season, when a friend told me they were practically bankrupt then. Changing (downgrading) the packages was announced a few months back with no English speaking programmes to be introduced soon. I even managed to get my deposit back after god knows how many phone calls and the like. As someone has already stated Truevisions are in the pot for the PL for the next 3 seasons 2016-2019 probably as part of a consortium to make it financially viable, all this we are number one crap just doesn't cut it in the modern world.

Great news for me as I have stuck with True visions and although I do miss the Premiership football I watch rugby instead - always thought that CTH would not last as they seem a ramshackle outfit to me that bit off more than they could chew!

Glad I bailed out from CTH at the end of last season, when a friend told me they were practically bankrupt then. Changing (downgrading) the packages was announced a few months back with no English speaking programmes to be introduced soon. I even managed to get my deposit back after god knows how many phone calls and the like. As someone has already stated Truevisions are in the pot for the PL for the next 3 seasons 2016-2019 probably as part of a consortium to make it financially viable, all this we are number one crap just doesn't cut it in the modern world.

Great news for me as I have stuck with True visions and although I do miss the Premiership football I watch rugby instead - always thought that CTH would not last as they seem a ramshackle outfit to me that bit off more than they could chew!

I have no issues whatsoever with my CTH system,all channels are and have always been working since it was installed two years ago,I've never had any billing issues as I pay every month.

Their channel line up is pretty poor IMO but it has served its purpose of being able to watch my team and the EPL every week without issue.

No matter who has the rights to the EPL in Thailand wether it be True,CTH or another operator expats are and will never be happy.

I have also paid my CTH bills on time every month even when they didn't send a bill, but i have lost all pay channels.

I was happy with true's coverage and also the CTH coverage of the premier league as it is in effect the same it is the premier leagues own broadcast. I agree about the CTH line up but to be honest i was only using it for sport so no great loss I have now switched to rs sport if true win the bidding for 2016 -19 i will jump back to them but at the moment a cheap option such as rs or gmmz is better than 900 odd bt for cth.

Not all of us expats are always unhappy.

Update on CTH I have heard from my connection at the NBTC. CTH has had several complaints filed due to last weeks signal cut and their billing issues. "NBTC enforced a legal sanction to CTH but it sued NBTC at Admin Court. I am responsible to defend the case on behalf of NBTC" I do not have permission to disclose the name of the person so I will not. so currently CTH is embolden to do what ever it wants as it and other keep the NBTC in court battles rather then in enforcement for laws. I do not recall the rules on posting out side links here but for those who can read Thai here is a link referring to CTH taking legal action against NBTC dailynews.co.th/it/299508 if the link is against forum rules feel free to remove it.

I was told CTH is still bound to solve all cases CTH has some severe case and I was still encouraged to file a complaint as CTH must reply to every complaint and if we do not like how CTH has not solved the issue we then can ask the NBTC to fine CTH. I look at it this way, it is better then doing nothing. here is the complaint forum, good luck guys fight back!!!

We've had a few people contacting the Thaivisa FB page about this.

Anyone else experiencing issues with CTH currently?

I have just now forwarded detailed information to Bangkok Post where I hope they can take the time to pursue and ask questions becuase this is by no way isolated and the tactics they are employing need to be highlighted and shared!

Send it to The Nation too so we can post it on the forum ;-)

I did email to The Nation but they have not replied nor actioned in any news updates I have seen. Today I returned my old CTH box back to the local office in Korat, surprise surprise, how many other boxes and dishes almost blocking the entrance and many linked up to their screens with that EO16 error message! The poor woman looked at her wits end and she is still unable to get through to her call center or head office after 5 days??? No replies to ours or to her emails neither, just left to fend for herself against the mounting boxes it seems! I have downloaded Kodi and using on compurer linked via HDMI to tv, all free and to hell with CTH, never again and not paying 1bt for the only real bill I owe which was for this month of October, the rest is phantom lies, never missed a bill, i do not have to pay yearly for my old box, they already removed the wrong billing amounts last March and now in September they try again to hoodwink me and countless others??? Try, see where that gets you CTH, a disgrace and shambolic amateur outfit run by imbeciles and con artists, there license should be revoked and those in charge banned forever from running another company, I expect they will soon be no more and just a bad memory to all when they lose the PL rights :-)

Exactly the same problem - 2 months ago I was sent a bill for around 5000 Baht to cover ' initial installation charges in September 2013 ( boxes, dish, etc ) ' - an amount which had not appeared on any of the 24 or so previous bills from CTH.

All my monthly payments have been up to date since September 2013 . I spoke to the call centre about this at the time and they told me that it was simply a 'glitch in the system' ( not the phrase they used ) and that I should pay the normal monthly amount - which I did.

However , apparently at exactly the same time as others, at 4 p.m. yesterday ( just as I had returned from paying my October monthly bill ) I was cut off - since when the 1619 number has redirected me to a pre-recorded message and my emails have gone unanswered .I can only watch the 'free to view' Thai channels .

The installers , who I visited today to try to nake some progress, could not get through to them on either 1619 ...or 1629, a number they were suggesting we might try ... neither could they get through to the CTH Head Office Number - which was answered , but again re-directed them to a pre-recorded message,

It looks rather as if they are doing their best to squeeze as much money as they can from existing subscribers for spurious reasons.Many people are reporting that they have been cut off over the last few days for 'non-payment of longstanding bills ' - and CTH cannot be reached to even discuss the issue.

I think they may cease trading soon .

Yes, not so different to me, they tried some crap with me last March/April only for me to go to the local office and show them i pay each and every mont and owe nothibg for installation as kept bill. All sorted until this Septemeber, they send me 2 bills in one month, the 1st and then another on the 20th ?? This time it has an outstanding balance of some 3,600 and change along with another September bill??? Then we call them several times, they try saying i have to pay a yearby fee for the box, the old box i might ad, funny after the previous month they tried to con me to upgrade to the new box as they couldnt upgrade my channels which i am now told is more lies, this came from the local CTH office by the way, they could not believe what crap the call center were attempting with me! So, I have not paid this months bill as have had no service for days upon which i returned today the box, many other boxes and dishes piled inside the office front, 6 screens linked to 6 used boxes all displaying same E016 error message, poor girl has not been able to get through to anyone for days and had no email replies ust like the rest of us! I showed my bills and install bill/receipt, by right they now owe me 1.800bt for the bo deposit i paid back in October 2013 but i dont expect to get it and told them to deduct Octobers bill from it and then they actualy still owe me which will be a laugh!!! Got Kodi downloaded, no more CTH crap, wife has a feeview GMMZ box linked up and thats us all happy now -)

New update. After contacting the good folks at the NBTC my signal is back but I have not been contacted by CTH yet. It looks like filling a complaint may actually have helped this time.

Yes this topic has a misleading topic label but I keep posting because it was the first place one I saw

I am on my iPad now so will update more later

So to summarise: CTH are still around, still as inept as ever and this thread title is absolute bo***cks?

Yep CTH have definitely not expired. Nor are they deceased, propping up the daisies or an ex-TV service provider.

Your comment on the thread title could more appropriately be applied to this utter shambles IMHO!

Two guys who live near me in Hua Hin both told me last night that they have been contacted by the cable supplier in Hua Hin who told them that CTH will no longer be broadcasting from next month.

Not sure about this, but we have tried to get some info on the situation from CTH without success so far. We're having the same problems getting through to someone who can comment officially.

This letter was posted on The Nation earlier today:

CTH boxing in its customers?
Without any on-screen message, letter or warning, pay-TV firm CTH switched off my whole channel-package last week. Seeking an explanation, I called all of their contact numbers, but there was no reply. I then visited the local CTH office in person, and even they could not get through!
Eventually I discovered that the call centre and billing department are refusing to upgrade channel-packages and are instead asking subscribers to pay Bt1,000 each year to use the set-top box. Yet the local office confirmed there is no annual fee to use the box. I could see their amazement on hearing of this tactic, which is apparently a ruse to get you to sign up for a new box at the same price and a new, fixed 12-month contract.
It is rumoured that CTH is resorting to these tactics in a desperate bid to have customers sign up for a new 12-month contract before it loses the Premier League broadcast rights to TrueVisions. In the meantime I advise CTH viewers to check the left side of their bills. If they find an outstanding balance above the usual monthly fee, challenge it. There is no annual box fee whatsoever.
R Jacobs
nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2015-10-27

Two guys who live near me in Hua Hin both told me last night that they have been contacted by the cable supplier in Hua Hin who told them that CTH will no longer be broadcasting from next month.

Not sure about this, but we have tried to get some info on the situation from CTH without success so far. We're having the same problems getting through to someone who can comment officially.

This letter was posted on The Nation earlier today:

CTH boxing in its customers?
Without any on-screen message, letter or warning, pay-TV firm CTH switched off my whole channel-package last week. Seeking an explanation, I called all of their contact numbers, but there was no reply. I then visited the local CTH office in person, and even they could not get through!
Eventually I discovered that the call centre and billing department are refusing to upgrade channel-packages and are instead asking subscribers to pay Bt1,000 each year to use the set-top box. Yet the local office confirmed there is no annual fee to use the box. I could see their amazement on hearing of this tactic, which is apparently a ruse to get you to sign up for a new box at the same price and a new, fixed 12-month contract.
It is rumoured that CTH is resorting to these tactics in a desperate bid to have customers sign up for a new 12-month contract before it loses the Premier League broadcast rights to TrueVisions. In the meantime I advise CTH viewers to check the left side of their bills. If they find an outstanding balance above the usual monthly fee, challenge it. There is no annual box fee whatsoever.
R Jacobs
nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2015-10-27

Glad to see they finally took notice and printed it from me, hopefully the Bangkok Post will do likewise, companies like this need to be taken to task and prevented via the NBTC from being able to continually move the goal posts and then resort to such shambolic extortionate tactics praying upon those less likely to speak out or take action! I will never entertain CTH in my home again, I have Installed Kodi and it costs nothing and much less stress thank goodness! :-)

I got an AJ GMMz Satellite box last week,it includes a months full package subscription. Watching all the football etc on Stadium,but come next month shall I pay for a months CTH package?.

I'll be keeping an eye on developments

Archived