Border run to Myanmar with re-entry.

Not sure if this has been covered already but I thought I would just write this to let people know from my experience today. I went to Mae sot to cross over into Myawaddy. Again I had no problems but the guy before would have had problems as he was going to pay with American dollars. The immigration officer told him that they now ONLY accept baht. He had the money in baht to pay so not a big problem. I am guessing this is coming into force at all Myanmar borders, so make sure you are carrying baht to pay for the visa otherwise it could be a problem.

I hope this info helps.

Cheers!!

I have a non-o re-entry visa from Savanakhet based on marriage so I get 90 days per crossing. This is now my second time to this crossing and the first time that I heard that they only accept Thai baht. For me it was no problem and luckily the same for the guy before me. At first he offered a $10 dollar note but was denied, so his wife found the Thai funds to pay. It is a reasonable quiet crossing point for foreigners that can check-in/out of Myanmar but best to have a heads up. NO MORE $$$$