Its Happening All Over.................. Confirmed.

thequietman

My TOT speeds have been up and down like a whore's drawers since the end of September.

Its 8:40 in the evening and it takes 6 - 8 minutes for a page to load. What a crap company TOT really are. They never fail to disappoint. bah.gif

Same here, some page even time out before they can load. 3BB here I come.

I am in Pattaya, TOT 10-13 Mbps package. Speed test indicates over 9 Mbps and can no longer stream video without buffering ever few minutes. Been working really well until lately.

Opening internet sites is painfully slow also with some timing out.

Definitely something going on.

speedtest.net getting a steady 12.5mbs DL and 2.5mbs UL after several tests.

May I ask who your ISP is? Have you tried using a server outside of Thailand?

My speedtest.net results using a BKK server are normal 9.5 / 0.5 Mbps, but using a server outside of Thaialnd is slow, and I mean Forest Gump slow.... I normally use a Sydney based server to check and comparing tests over the last 48 hours against results to what I had been getting prior Wednesday afternoon is down from between 7 to 9 Mbps down to 0.05Mbps DL, using the same Sydney based server.

I know there are many variables that can affect the speed test accuracy but given the order of magnitude in difference, it is obvious something is amiss or being meddled with....

These particular issues of last 48 hours or so seems to be mainly affecting those using TOT ADSL connections, (or other ISP using the TOT link).

My condotel has an exclusive arrangement with TOT and therefore no option for me to change ISP...

My internet has gone to <deleted> this past 3 weeks or so and now the call quality on Skype is rubbish.

Wife contacted TOT today and the lady confirmed that it is happening all over Thailand and not just in my area.

So.............. anyone experiencing the same and is it affecting your work? bah.gif

Sheeeeeeeiiiiiite in Nonthaburi as well mate.

Strange that it is TOT specific. Usually when Internet has problems it's across all ISPs.

My 3BB account has been less than stellar recently, but it's still operating pretty well.

Having said that, after a few years with TOT I did shift to 3BB and generally the service has been far better.

Edited by Suradit69

About 2 days my TOT land line connection became very unstable and 85% useless in terms of going outside of Asia. Within Thailand, Cambodia, Viet Nam and Singapore it was okay; not great. About 3 hours ago it perked a bit going overseas. Fingers crossed.

I've had a TOT wifi connection for 2 years up in Phetchabun and its proved to be extremely stable, 13mbps down 1mbps up. There have been no outages over the past couple of days that I'm aware of.

To be honest I'd have to agree that generally they have always provided a decent service,I'm in Lom Sak 45 kms past Phetchabun.

2 weeks ago my TOT internet was shocking. Speeds were up and down like a yoyo.

Called them and they came and checked it. Guy said it was my wiring in my house was no good!!

Despite the fact my house is only 2 years old and built to a high standard. !!

He left saying i needed to change the wires in my house and it would work .

Rest of that day it was as per usual up and down. But since the next day it has been faster than ever and no problems at all !!biggrin.png

What wiring in your house? Is your PC/Notebook connected with RJ45 Network Cables or do you use wifi for connect everything? If you use RJ45 Network Cables change one and check what happend. But I believe they BS you!!! Most people now use wifi from DSL-Router. So only a power problem can be or TOT Problem. And here TOT must do something. Looks like they made the fault and blamed your wiring!!!

It's not just TOT. I am on 3BB, 10 Mb line and it is lagging. Not only lagging but also for the last year they have cut me off 2-4 days before the bill is due to be payed. I could understand if the name was in a non-Thai persons name but it's not. My wife always always went the day was owed and payed at the shop. Now the bastards just sever your connection and when you have to go and pay, before the due date they leave you hanging for ages. Complete arse-wipe monkeys!!!!

That is strange, I have never had a problem.

It is printed on the bill that if it is paid anywhere else other than a 3bb shop, it should be paid 5 days prior to the due date, because it takes that long to pass through the system. If the bill is paid at a 3bb shop, it should go through on that same day. If your wife is paying at a 3bb shop on the due date and you are getting cut off, something is wrong somewhere and I suggest you take this up with the head office.

I am on the 10mb 3bb package and until recently was getting download speeds of 11.23mb. Over the last 3 or 4 weeks my speeds have decreased down to 6.99mb. Something is up without a doubt.

No TOT Internet from around 7 AM yesterday (Friday the 23rd) until 7 PM last night in Na Jomtien

Thought it was a local problem since my phone line (only used for TOT Internet) had a busy tone instead of a dial tone. After calling them was told that it was a Thailand wide outage

I think that this outage was a result of the DOS (Denial of service) attacks that were supposed to occur yesterday in protest of the Single Gateway Plan

The government denies that the attacks were successful but they certainly denied my service for the whole day

My TOT connection has had intermittent problems for a couple of days. I just called TOT and the girl on the phone sounded like she needed a different job. I was greeted with "whats the problem now sir" to which i responded " the same problem since last night and yesterday" she was a complete misery ar*e and it sounded like she was trying to make out it was my fault for calling - or maybe just the Thai way of saying "im pis*ed off with my job, leave me alone" - they make it so obvious don't they!

I eventually got the information from her that tot are having a problem everywhere connecting with international sites.

I've noticed the connection improves after a couple hours intervals after being extremely slow or not loading at all. Hoping it will be resolved soon. After 10 years of being here I've learned the best thing to do when the net is down is turn it off and go out for the day and forget about it, if you need to make skype calls try a monthly internet sim from another company to make skype calls on your phone or check urgent email - it usually comes back sooner or later.

As I wrote in another thread: same here, erratic problems on my ToT fibre connection.

The hacking attacks on CAT likely affect ToT the most.

Just think what will happen when the ridiculous "single gateway" would be implemented.

Edited by KhunBENQ