Visa options working for a foreign company in Asia

I have been working and living in Thailand legally for over 12 years now.

The past 6 years I've been employed by a Thai company as a consultant.

I'm married to a Thai and we have 2 children, a house and a mortgage.

My Non immigrant B visa is extended based on marriage and proof of income for another year.

Soon I will start working for a European company as their Asia representative.

We are offering highly specialized hazardous waste recycling services mainly for oil & gas and chemical industry.

I will be travelling a lot in the region, multiple trips per month and between travelling I will work from home.

There are a few contacts and customers in Thailand that I have to visit occasionally.

Striclty speaking I will need a workpermit, but there is no way I will ever need 4 Thai workers.

I'm considering some options:

- Stay officially on the payroll of my current Thai employer that is a customer of my new company, it's faking it but less obvious than having 4 fake emplyees.

- Get a marriage or retirement visa and leave the business in Thailand to an agent and do my work abroad same as people who are on rotation jobs.

- Move to another country that doen't make things this difficult, but what other country offers good conditions for a family of 4 with kids in school?

I will be paying tax in Thailand, not sure if that also requires a workpermit if the income comes from abroad.

Anybody in a similar situation or having ideas?

I have been working and living in Thailand legally for over 12 years now.

The past 6 years I've been employed by a Thai company as a consultant.

I'm married to a Thai and we have 2 children, a house and a mortgage.

My Non immigrant B visa is extended based on marriage and proof of income for another year.

Soon I will start working for a European company as their Asia representative.

We are offering highly specialized hazardous waste recycling services mainly for oil & gas and chemical industry.

I will be travelling a lot in the region, multiple trips per month and between travelling I will work from home.

There are a few contacts and customers in Thailand that I have to visit occasionally.

Striclty speaking I will need a workpermit, but there is no way I will ever need 4 Thai workers.

I'm considering some options:

- Stay officially on the payroll of my current Thai employer that is a customer of my new company, it's faking it but less obvious than having 4 fake emplyees.

- Get a marriage or retirement visa and leave the business in Thailand to an agent and do my work abroad same as people who are on rotation jobs.

- Move to another country that doen't make things this difficult, but what other country offers good conditions for a family of 4 with kids in school?

I will be paying tax in Thailand, not sure if that also requires a workpermit if the income comes from abroad.

Anybody in a similar situation or having ideas?

You cant get a B visa on the basis of marriage...you mean you have an extension of stay on the basis of marriage ?....nothing to do with a B visa...

Why dont you look at setting up a deal with one of the Expat bodyshops in Thailand for a cut, go on their books with a WP etc for a fee

...seeing as your already dealing with chemical & O&G you already know which ones i am talking about;)

• Like 1

• With your extension of stay and a multi entry re-entry permit you can come and go as often as you want. No new visa needed.

If you want to legally work whilst in Thailand the only way is to set up a company or use a third party willing to employ you.

Your extension of stay based on marriage allows for you to get a WP if employed.

• With your extension of stay and a multi entry re-entry permit you can come and go as often as you want. No new visa needed.
  • If you want to legally work whilst in Thailand the only way is to set up a company or use a third party willing to employ you.
  • Your extension of stay based on marriage allows for you to get a WP if employed.

I started really worrying when I read this post about immigrations demanding to see a valid workpermit on entry:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/864857-airport-immigration-demanding-work-permit/?utm_source=newsletter-20151022-1518&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=featured

• If you want to legally work whilst in Thailand the only way is to set up a company or use a third party willing to employ you.
  • Your extension of stay based on marriage allows for you to get a WP if employed.

I started really worrying when I read this post about immigrations demanding to see a valid workpermit on entry:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/864857-airport-immigration-demanding-work-permit/?utm_source=newsletter-20151022-1518&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=featured

Nothing to worry about in your situation.

You no longer have a non 'B' visa. You have an extension of stay based on marriage and would be re-entering using a re-entry permit.