Enormous Shakeup Of Visa And Immigration Rules

Mobi on the other hand, if you were considering applying for Permanent Residence have you messed up yours run of visa extensions (ie need at least 3 consecutive extensions I believe) to apply for a Permanent Residence???

Is this the case Mobi? or am I - as so often when it comes to visa issues - wrong about this.

I'm not sure that what happened to me would disqualify me from PR as at the end of the day I have more than 3 consecutive extensions for retirement in my passport - not withstanding the farce when I tried to change to a marriage extension and got a nasty note in my passport about not having enough funds.

And you're quite right, I was seriously contemplating going for PR until I read the Thai Visa threads on PR, and decided that it would all be just too hard for what would amount to marginal benefit - if I could qualify at all.

So I'm just not bothering about that any more. I'll wing it on annual extensions and keep my fingers crossed. :o

Edited by Mobi D'Ark

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi to everyone!

It seems to me that regarding spouses visa the only topic discussed in this forum is all about foreign husband married to a thai wife..In my friends case (both foreigners) the one currently and legaly working is his wife and his husbands visa is a dependent visa from her..The multi million dollar question is,will this new visa regualtion have a huge impact in this kind of visa ???will he still be able to continue extending his dependent visa?any advice sunbelt? than you.....

I know for a fact that a if a farang has a retirement visa, his alien wife (under 50) and dependants (under 20) will also be granted annual extensions. So Iassume the same would apply in the situation you have cited. No doubt Sunbelt can confirm.

Edited by Mobi D'Ark

Hi to everyone!

It seems to me that regarding spouses visa the only topic discussed in this forum is all about foreign husband married to a thai wife..In my friends case (both foreigners) the one currently and legaly working is his wife and his husbands visa is a dependent visa from her..The multi million dollar question is,will this new visa regualtion have a huge impact in this kind of visa ???will he still be able to continue extending his dependent visa?any advice sunbelt? than you.....

I know for a fact that a if a farang has a retirement visa, his alien wife (under 50) and dependants (under 20) will also be granted annual extensions. So Iassume the same would apply in the situation you have cited. No doubt Sunbelt can confirm.

well tomorrow oct/24 I will be aplying for my Ret/visa I meet the qualification pension but I do not have 800.000 baht in thai bank honestly i don't have the 800k in any bank LOL the joke for me is I just bought a new PU truck I put 125K down just 3 months ago now with all this new visa rules I may not get my R/visa and I have a g/f who is loyal to me and depends on me for support as well as I depend on her for help now I told her I will leave if I do not get my r/visa I just hate walking away from my truck (financed in my g/f name) my g/f will come with me were ever I go but I can not get her back to the USA if I choose to return on a different note the timing was off when thai had the coup if they waited a month Thaksin was in the USA to neg. a trade deal with the usa which would have opened up many markets to Thai business for exporting there goods to the usa and the usa buys more goods than any country what a shame and we farlong would get more for our money since in my opinion the thai baht is over valued so they can buy more goods instead of exporting more goods every one loses except the wealthy who import goods instead of exporting them

Looks like the changes will be such fun. We tried getting a joint account with KTB, HSBC & Bangkok Bank only to be told at each that joint accounts are not legal in Thailand. This was topped off with 'you can't open an account here if you don't have residency'. Now the good bit:

I can't get residency without 400,000B in the account I can't have without having residency first.

:D:o

At last, a system that outdoes Australia for redtape.

Looks like the changes will be such fun. We tried getting a joint account with KTB, HSBC & Bangkok Bank only to be told at each that joint accounts are not legal in Thailand. This was topped off with 'you can't open an account here if you don't have residency'. Now the good bit:

I can't get residency without 400,000B in the account I can't have without having residency first.

:D:o

At last, a system that outdoes Australia for redtape.

Joint accounts are legal in Thailand and I, and many thousands of others, have them. Nor is residence required to open a bank account and in any event you do not obtain residence with a bank account balance. Sounds like you should flash the cash and try another branch. It is probably good if Thai is spoken also.

Are you perhaps trying to obtain a "checking/current account" rather than the normal passbook savings account? In that case you would face restrictions. But for a passbook savings account it should not be a major problem.

Believe what is causing the bank account problem is that now most want a certificate of residence - which is just a paper from your Embassy or Immigration saying where you are living. Embassy is normally the place to obtain if you do not live here on an extension of stay.

It seems to me that regarding spouses visa the only topic discussed in this forum is all about foreign husband married to a thai wife..In my friends case (both foreigners) the one currently and legaly working is his wife and his husbands visa is a dependent visa from her..The multi million dollar question is,will this new visa regualtion have a huge impact in this kind of visa ???

no

will he still be able to continue extending his dependent visa?any advice sunbelt? than you.....

yes

know for a fact that a if a farang has a retirement visa, his alien wife (under 50) and dependants (under 20) will also be granted annual extensions. So Iassume the same would apply in the situation you have cited. No doubt Sunbelt can confirm.

correct. See Clause 7.19

National_Police_Office_Order_Oct_2006_1_.pdf

well tomorrow oct/24 I will be aplying for my Ret/visa I meet the qualification pension but I do not have 800.000 baht in thai bank honestly i don't have the 800k in any bank LOL the joke for me is I just bought a new PU truck I put 125K down just 3 months ago now with all this new visa rules

You do not need 800K in the bank, the pension criteria is still valid. You have any complications, please call us.

i am in the same boat M8

With a number of banks, you need to be introduced by someone or you will get asked for more doc's. Come to our office, we will introduce you to a large Thai bank that will open a bank account for you. By the way, we do not charge for this service. It is a free community service we provide.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

:o Can anyone confirm that medical certificates are no longer requiired for renewing retirement visa extension. By this I mean has anybody renewed and the certificate was not required. I note it says the regs have been changed but is it in force. I have to renew next week.

:o Can anyone confirm that medical certificates are no longer requiired for renewing retirement visa extension. By this I mean has anybody renewed and the certificate was not required. I note it says the regs have been changed but is it in force. I have to renew next week.

Not Required

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

There have been several reports that it was not required.

I just renewed my visa I brought med/cit it was accepted so get a med cit before just protect your self from any further delays

They'll take it, if you offer it but it’s not required.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

These Cambodia problems are not new. We have seen them for years thru and thru. Here is a 2.5 y/o thread and they had probs even then.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...=12216&st=0

Thanks for that precious reminder.

Some people might think that the thai embassy is Phnom Penh was the worst one : leazy, stupid, useless and mean. With a lot of "problems".

I just would like to say that it was probably the only thai embassy to apply the real... visa regulations, by the letter and the spirit... !

And it's a good way to remind people that the "Visas Shakeup" is not new. What changed it's the will to enforce the rules....

Edited by cclub75

can someone PM me on the text that needs to go into the stat dec for the Australian Embassy?

is there a format as i would like to type it out and then get it notorised at the embassy

I have the sneaking suspicion that the text might depend on what you want to dec.

I searched the entire thread for “stat dec” and found nothing. Next, I searched for “declaration” and the only thing I found was “declaration of war” in a post by seri thai on 02.10.2006

---------------

Maestro

– “The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place” _ George Bernard Shaw

can someone PM me on the text that needs to go into the stat dec for the Australian Embassy?

is there a format as i would like to type it out and then get it notorised at the embassy

I have the sneaking suspicion that the text might depend on what you want to dec.

I searched the entire thread for “stat dec” and found nothing. Next, I searched for “declaration” and the only thing I found was “declaration of war” in a post by seri thai on 02.10.2006

---------------

Maestro

– “The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place” _ George Bernard Shaw

My guess would be that a "stat dec" means statutory declaration. I don't have a clue what "statutory declaration" might be.

thanks

Is this for a visa for Thailand, or a visa to go to Australia. As I recall Australia does require a declaration of support if you are sponsoring someone to go to Australia.

I am married with children here in Thailand. I will of course in time go back to my home nation for my children's education and life. Thailand will never be my home. They do not want me.

They do not want YOU.

Thailand does not want any of us who are not Thai to stay here. No matter that you teach their children. If you get sick and cannot work, you willl lose your permit and thus your visa. You will be thrown out just like a broken car. Thailand is just using people. It does not want us here.

That is their right. Thaiand is their nation and they can do as they want.

Still, the fact that they can do as they want does not make it any less ugly.

I am married with children here in Thailand. I will of course in time go back to my home nation for my children's education and life. Thailand will never be my home. They do not want me.

They do not want YOU.

Thailand does not want any of us who are not Thai to stay here. No matter that you teach their children. If you get sick and cannot work, you willl lose your permit and thus your visa. You will be thrown out just like a broken car. Thailand is just using people. It does not want us here.

My wife wants me and I am sure your wife wants you. Shame about the decision makers.

They do not want YOU.

I have being saying broadly the same things all over Tv, but there are still those out there who truly believe they are different. They have it sorted. TGID. For the last time, once you have outlived your usefulness, Thailand will kick YOU out like a dog in the night.

They do not want YOU.

My wife wants me and I am sure your wife wants you. Shame about the decision makers.

No one has been asked to leave yet - this is Thailand remember - the Thais love kids - as cynical as I can be at times - I just cannot believe the Thais will actually take a father away from his kids. Especially not a teacher doing something worthwhile. So hang in there and see what actually happens with all thes new rules.

thanks

yes I am talking about the statuary declaration for income of 65K per month that i need to get signed by the Australian Embassy and then present to Thai Immigration for my retirement visa extension.

What is the text?

Do I need to hand write it or have a statement prepared and printed out ready to sign and get notorised?

anyone had experience with this?

thanks

yes I am talking about the statuary declaration for income of 65K per month that i need to get signed by the Australian Embassy and then present to Thai Immigration for my retirement visa extension.

What is the text?

Do I need to hand write it or have a statement prepared and printed out ready to sign and get notorised?

It is handwritten. You just state what your income is per month.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

...Now if you don't spend that amount during the year it doesn't matter it just has to be topped up at the right time for renewal.

Thanks, that finally answers my question. :o

Ralph

I am married to a Thai, have a non-imm O "marriage visa", less than 65k/m pension but wonder if I can just leave the 800,000 (or is it 400,000) on deposit here and use money to live on from other sources?

...Now if you don't spend that amount during the year it doesn't matter it just has to be topped up at the right time for renewal.

Ralph

I am married to a Thai, have a non-imm O "marriage visa", less than 65k/m pension but wonder if I can just leave the 800,000 (or is it 400,000) on deposit here and use money to live on from other sources?

If you have the extension of stay based on marriage before Oct 1st 2006. then you can use the 40k income per month or 400,000 Baht funds in the bank.

If you applied after Oct 1st 2006, you can only use the criteria of income of 40K per month.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Ralph

If you have the extension of stay based on marriage before Oct 1st 2006. then you can use the 40k income per month or 400,000 Baht funds in the bank.

If you applied after Oct 1st 2006, you can only use the criteria of income of 40K per month.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

We've been married since May 2002 and I have never applied for extension to stay. We normally go back to the UK for a couple of months every year.

I have no money coming into my Thai bank, only transferred from UK bank when neccessary. I also get less than 40k/m pension.