Has anyone here actually ridden in a tuk tuk @ patong?

phuketruski

Sixt car rental operates in Phuket and rents cars from about 850 baht/day including 3rd party insurance and a loss damage waiver.

Go to their website Sixt.com and enter "Patong" as the pickup location. I think their office is at the southern end of Rat-U-Thit 200 Pii road near the Patong Merlin hotel.

<snip>

I just rode past their office on Rat-U-Thit 200 Pii, and noticed they have signs out advertising cars for 499 baht. Don't know any of the details.

The office is actually about 50 meters from where Rat-U-Thit 200 Pii dead ends into Prachanukhro, on the right hand side.

19 years ago I had a full day tour around Phuket to see the sights, cost if I remember was Thb 600,-

Not sure what point you are trying to make quoting 19 year old tour prices ?

Might be better quoting this year's tour price to help out the OP's holiday this year ...

The OP was the guy who started a post that he was drinking tap water in Patong. Now he's asks if anyone ridden in a tuk tuk in Patong. I doubt he's on holiday, if so an extended one and sounded like a troll post to me, so I hadn't bothered to respond.

But since he asked if I actually rode in one, a few times many years ago, when I lived there for 9 months. I usually drove though as I rented a car at the airport as I knew of the taxi and tuk tuk scammers here over 10 years ago. I haven't been to Patong for a few years now, I choose stay away.

19 years ago I had a full day tour around Phuket to see the sights, cost if I remember was Thb 600,-

Not sure what point you are trying to make quoting 19 year old tour prices ?

Might be better quoting this year's tour price to help out the OP's holiday this year ...

The OP was the guy who started a post that he was drinking tap water in Patong. Now he's asks if anyone ridden in a tuk tuk in Patong. I doubt he's on holiday, if so an extended one and sounded like a troll post to me, so I hadn't bothered to respond.

But since he asked if I actually rode in one, a few times many years ago, when I lived there for 9 months. I usually drove though as I rented a car at the airport as I knew of the taxi and tuk tuk scammers here over 10 years ago. I haven't been to Patong for a few years now, I choose stay away.

I think the OP's point was, there are so many tuk-tuks, and hardly any customers using them, so asked members, "Has anyone here actually ridden in a tuk tuk @ patong?"

Tourists walking along Beach Road in Patong must be thinking the same thing when they see them all parked along the road. That is, basically, "how do they make a living, there's so many of them and they are parked, not driving around?"