Breaking house lease due to night club

You're off your rocker ol' man. Go slither back to drinking Leo and your leather skinned kik.

ok , so you think he should have told you ........

lets see what most other opinions here believe .... without the personal attack.

Stay on topic.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Club is operating past legal hours and noise must stop at midnight unless it's an entertainment zone.

Owner may not even be aware.

Yes you can report the club and actions will be taken.

Call 1111 with full name and address, they do speak English but would be better to have a Thai person also in case of any misunderstanding

'Yes you can report the club and actions will be taken.'

you really believe this ? come on man .... surely you've been in Thailand long enough to know nothing happens as it should.

If you believe they will close the night club down because farang can't get his or her beauty sleep then I think your sadly mistaken ..... it ain't gonna happen in a million years .... cheesy.gif

Yes I do believe that and unlike your usual trolling I have done it and much more than that

I had this exact same problem recently. I signed a lease at a resort, owner said if I wanted to depart before the agreed time I would not get my deposit (10,000Bt) returned. I had trouble sleeping every night due to the boom-boom-boom of a bar/club in the area. I knew there was nothing I could do to stop the noise, so I wanted out, but I also knew the resort owner would not return my deposit. So what to do?
The owner had a dog that wandered around the grounds. So one day when nobody was around I threw a srone at the dog and made the animal angry, then everytime I walked out the resort the owner's dog would run and bark at me. I complained to the owner about his dog attacking me. Then a couple days later in full view of several people as the dog ran barking at me I faked it and collapsed to the ground clutching my heart.
The owner and his wife freaked out, when I recoved I told them I had a weak heart and their dog keeps attacking me. I kept saying your dog will give me a heart attack, I can't stay here anymore.
So the owner and his wife are scared, they want me out, they don't want to be held responsible for hospital expenses and having police and Pattaya One News at their resort. So we agreed to cancel the lease and a couple days later I got my full deposit (minus elect/water consumption) returned and I departed.

that's a good story .... made my day. thumbsup.gif

remind me to give you a call if I have any issues in my village ....

I had this exact same problem recently. I signed a lease at a resort, owner said if I wanted to depart before the agreed time I would not get my deposit (10,000Bt) returned. I had trouble sleeping every night due to the boom-boom-boom of a bar/club in the area. I knew there was nothing I could do to stop the noise, so I wanted out, but I also knew the resort owner would not return my deposit. So what to do?

The owner had a dog that wandered around the grounds. So one day when nobody was around I threw a srone at the dog and made the animal angry, then everytime I walked out the resort the owner's dog would run and bark at me. I complained to the owner about his dog attacking me. Then a couple days later in full view of several people as the dog ran barking at me I faked it and collapsed to the ground clutching my heart.

The owner and his wife freaked out, when I recoved I told them I had a weak heart and their dog keeps attacking me. I kept saying your dog will give me a heart attack, I can't stay here anymore.

So the owner and his wife are scared, they want me out, they don't want to be held responsible for hospital expenses and having police and Pattaya One News at their resort. So we agreed to cancel the lease and a couple days later I got my full deposit (minus elect/water consumption) returned and I departed.

Your village ? Not too long ago you claimed to be staying only at Marriott in Bangkok .

Must be hard to keep up with all the troll lies ;)

" ... and I know the whole neighborhood would be on aboard." You might think so, but if the whole neighborhood felt the same way, why has no one else reported the problem. I'm sure there are MANY who are closer to the nightclub than you, and it would seem logical that the noise is much louder for them.

For one you do not know what others did and may well have complained.

Many Thai simply do not know where to complain or what to do.

Calling city hall is useless , because city hall sends out a car to check it out , who ever comes out gets a " gift" and all forgotten.

Once orders come from Bangkok , 1111 matter gets taken very serious and either club gets shut down or music volume turned down

1111 is a joke. I had with a similar situation where karaoke and beer bars would sprout up in the area and stay open all night with their drunken howling sometimes until 0700 or later. Problem was, the place was owned by a Pattaya cop. No matter who you talked to at City Hall, or 1111 with my farang and Thai neighbors all calling.,nothing was ever done. I finally moved to a quiet fully developed area with no bars or clubs within a mile. Lovely quiet. Cost me a lot of money and sleepless nights but it was worth it. It's a loser any way you slice it. You can give "gifts" to a BIB and you may get a temporary reprieve, but like a cancer, it always comes back. It's all down to who has the most money and influence. We, as visitors here in LOS have negligible influence unless you are married to the sister or daughter of a powerful political figure, forget about it. My Thai wife was never bothered by all the racket and the bass that made our bedroom wall act like a drumhead., so don't expect your Thai neighbors to give a damn about your situation. Take the hit and find a quiet spot without bars or karaoke anywhere near you. My 2c

Club is operating past legal hours and noise must stop at midnight unless it's an entertainment zone.

Call 1111 with full name and address, they do speak English but would be better to have a Thai person also in case of any misunderstanding

LOL

Your village ? Not too long ago you claimed to be staying only at Marriott in Bangkok .

Must be hard to keep up with all the troll lies wink.png

I do have a house in a village up country, two infact. I fly into bkk and I do stay at the Marriot regularly.

wai2.gif but your comment has nothing to do with the OP closing the night club down.

I would say that action may be taken. But yes, it should be reported, always. It has definitely worked in some cases that I am personally aware of.

As for the original question of the house owner not informing the tenant of the possible nuisance, when it comes to financial advantage in Thailand you can reasonably expect to be misled almost constantly by almost everyone. Trust no one and check everything for yourself.

Instead of stressing about it, take the hit and move on. BTW, always a good practice to go to a potential place a few different nights to hear the sounds on weekdays and weekends. Most good landlords anxious to rent a place out will allow this, and if they don't they're probably aware it's noisy.

Same has happened to me twice. Both times after I have lived in the place for awhile. No one cares in government and chances are the place is owned by a police officer or someone with connections so hard to fight. I just moved and took a loss once and the other was just a move but no loss. I normally go to bed earlier than most so each day was a real pain. I understand why people really hate this country sometimes as things like this happen and there is no recourse.

Ahh man, sorry to hear that. The next place I'll rent I am for sure visting the place late at night. When you say cut your losses you mean just foreit the depoist and terminate the contract early? If so, how did the Landlord react to it? And for the second time, did the Landlord understand and just let you leave? I am thinking if worse comes to worse I'll try to make a deal where I'll stay until he can look for a new tenat to take over. Also, how did you handle the nights staying there?

Being open past 2am is a sure sign of the owner being connected someone. The even crazier thing is my area is filled with high status polical people from diffrent countries working in Thailand. How on earth could you have them stay next to a club bumping like this is beyond me.

It really makes me want to walk over to the place and stright cut the speaker cords, lol.

Mine really sucked as I had already been living in both places prior to the noise starting. It was same as you the boom boom of the subwoofers shaking my windows. No way to even put in ear plugs and avoid the noise. The one place I was not on a lease but the other I just left, owner didn't care and wouldn't even hear of return of deposit without finishing contract.

I basically stayed up later and waited for the music to stop and went to sleep. Sometimes out partying late and with enough beers could sleep. Not a way live your life. Stress not worth it and the money loss being not good but not an end to my world. TIT ....

Edited by ttthailand

Instead of stressing about it, take the hit and move on. BTW, always a good practice to go to a potential place a few different nights to hear the sounds on weekdays and weekends. Most good landlords anxious to rent a place out will allow this, and if they don't they're probably aware it's noisy.

I actually went in the morning and late afternoon to check but music doesn't start untill around 10:00pm. I'll know better next time I suppose.

Same has happened to me twice. Both times after I have lived in the place for awhile. No one cares in government and chances are the place is owned by a police officer or someone with connections so hard to fight. I just moved and took a loss once and the other was just a move but no loss. I normally go to bed earlier than most so each day was a real pain. I understand why people really hate this country sometimes as things like this happen and there is no recourse.

Ahh man, sorry to hear that. The next place I'll rent I am for sure visting the place late at night. When you say cut your losses you mean just foreit the depoist and terminate the contract early? If so, how did the Landlord react to it? And for the second time, did the Landlord understand and just let you leave? I am thinking if worse comes to worse I'll try to make a deal where I'll stay until he can look for a new tenat to take over. Also, how did you handle the nights staying there?

Being open past 2am is a sure sign of the owner being connected someone. The even crazier thing is my area is filled with high status polical people from diffrent countries working in Thailand. How on earth could you have them stay next to a club bumping like this is beyond me.

It really makes me want to walk over to the place and stright cut the speaker cords, lol.

Mine really sucked as I had already been living in both places prior to the noise starting. It was same as you the boom boom of the subwoofers shaking my windows. No way to even put in ear plugs and avoid the noise. The one place I was not on a lease but the other I just left, owner didn't care and wouldn't even hear of return of deposit without finishing contract.

I basically stayed up later and waited for the music to stop and went to sleep. Sometimes out partying late and with enough beers could sleep. Not a way live your life. Stress not worth it and the money loss being not good but not an end to my world. TIT ....

Yeah, it might look like I'll have to start going to bed at 3:30. Maybe can change work times.

you are in a no win situation ....... and you cannot blame the owner for not telling you what noise is around your neighborhood, that's just plain ridiculous .... what did you expect, oh I just want to mention the milkman will come blasting at 5.30am, oh and the Smiths son birthday party is next tuesday so that will be noisy until 3.00am, oh and fires will bring haze here next week ......

I think if you report the club for excessive noise and late closing it will go nowhere .... they won't change because one farang complains thats for sure, as in an earlier post, it's probably owned by the BIB anyway or they WILL be connected in some way.

sorry, not much good news but they are the facts ...... I think you only have one choice ! whistling.gif

Lol, what? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Of <deleted> course the owner should of told me. A <deleted> club is banging till the wee hours of the morning where the whole neighboorhood can hear. It's in his interest NOT to tell me or anyone for the sake of renting the place out.

As another member posted .... whistling.gif

As for the original question of the house owner not informing the tenant of the possible nuisance, when it comes to financial advantage in Thailand you can reasonably expect to be misled almost constantly by almost everyone. Trust no one and check everything for yourself.

how long did you say you've been here ................. !

LOL

and depending on who the owner of the club is and his connections to the local police, you should also factor in the slight chance that this could have a negative effect on your property or your health or your status.

" ... and I know the whole neighborhood would be on aboard." You might think so, but if the whole neighborhood felt the same way, why has no one else reported the problem. I'm sure there are MANY who are closer to the nightclub than you, and it would seem logical that the noise is much louder for them.

For one you do not know what others did and may well have complained.

Many Thai simply do not know where to complain or what to do.

Calling city hall is useless , because city hall sends out a car to check it out , who ever comes out gets a " gift" and all forgotten.

Once orders come from Bangkok , 1111 matter gets taken very serious and either club gets shut down or music volume turned down

1111 is a joke. I had with a similar situation where karaoke and beer bars would sprout up in the area and stay open all night with their drunken howling sometimes until 0700 or later. Problem was, the place was owned by a Pattaya cop. No matter who you talked to at City Hall, or 1111 with my farang and Thai neighbors all calling.,nothing was ever done. I finally moved to a quiet fully developed area with no bars or clubs within a mile. Lovely quiet. Cost me a lot of money and sleepless nights but it was worth it. It's a loser any way you slice it. You can give "gifts" to a BIB and you may get a temporary reprieve, but like a cancer, it always comes back. It's all down to who has the most money and influence. We, as visitors here in LOS have negligible influence unless you are married to the sister or daughter of a powerful political figure, forget about it. My Thai wife was never bothered by all the racket and the bass that made our bedroom wall act like a drumhead., so don't expect your Thai neighbors to give a damn about your situation. Take the hit and find a quiet spot without bars or karaoke anywhere near you. My 2c

Not every club is owned by a cop and not every cop is high ranking enough .

Basic common sense.

Your choice to be a victim because of you a foreigner is only your choice , do not presume all foreigners feel same way and treated same way.

As I said o Jane closed down clubs , parties and taken on big companies through 1111 and Soi kor bor( pardon the spelling )

And all were dealt with to my satisfaction . May be not ideal but good enough to satisfy me.

And no, not all Thai take it rolling over. Many educated one take actions

LOL

and depending on who the owner of the club is and his connections to the local police, you should also factor in the slight chance that this could have a negative effect on your property or your health or your status.

Again urban myth. I taken on Mityon in Pattaya and the only effect after the fact is I get 10% discount each time I buy a bike.

Hardly a negative

Whereabouts? I'd like to visit the club!

I didn't have the option of breaking a lease when a new nightclub opened in the vicinity of my condo. I contacted the CEO of one of their major suppliers/sponsors and politely explained the situation to them. I didn't make contact with the venue as I had received feedback about them and it was all negative. Their supplier/sponsor head of PR contacted me and advised they would speak to the venue advising they weren't wanting to be involved in something that would give them bad PR. They called me three days later to see if I was happy about the result. Which I was. Of course 2 weeks later new suppliers/sponsors were in place and the sound levels rose. Not wanting to go down that same road, after all there's no end to new suppliers willing to be involved, I called the police and had them visit the place and was subsequently given the mobile number of the officer dealing with it and over the next month or so he received enough calls to ensure the venue was heavily visited. Soon after the venue called it a day. This was central Bangkok.

I hope this gives you the confidence to press on and follow whatever legal recourse is available to you.

Sorry 13fty, I understand what you're going through but the owner has absolutely NO responsibility to tell you about the noise.

Buyer, or in this case renter, beware!

Judging by your rather offensive replies, your lack of sleep must be affecting your moods....time for you to move.

Have you talk to your landlord ?

I have move out many times here in Thailand before my contract was finish 2-3-6 month before.

And i all ways got my whole deposit back every single time. Not like back home in my home country.

So if i was you, i give it a try and talk to the landlord.

Kindly.

You can put a lot of effort into checking a place out before moving in but it doesn't always work. I once found an apartment I was interested in. I walked all around the immediate vicinity...no bars, no temples, no amusement parks, no factories...it looked good. But I've been in LOS a long time and learned a few tricks. So I rode my mc to the apartment around 8pm, parked outside, cut the engine, and listened....silence. Came back at 10pm....silence. Came back after midnight....silence. OK good, I took the apartment. One week later a little grocery store directly opposite closed down and a new owner turned it into a karaoke cum brothel. Every night I had drunks singing, tuktuks coming and going bringing customers.

Sometimes you can complain and get results but mostly you just have to move away or put up with it. I've finished with signing long leases now. From now on I tell landlords we take it month by month or I'm not interested.

Sorry 13fty, I understand what you're going through but the owner has absolutely NO responsibility to tell you about the noise.

Buyer, or in this case renter, beware!

Judging by your rather offensive replies, your lack of sleep must be affecting your moods....time for you to move.

Of course he doesn't that's why I asked about laws in place to prevent such things.

Not lack of sleep but old grumps on here always ramble the same things on every thread. "Farang can't do this farang can't do that, farang farang farang."

I do apperciate the helpful feedback as it's better than rolling over like most of you on here do.

You can put a lot of effort into checking a place out before moving in but it doesn't always work. I once found an apartment I was interested in. I walked all around the immediate vicinity...no bars, no temples, no amusement parks, no factories...it looked good. But I've been in LOS a long time and learned a few tricks. So I rode my mc to the apartment around 8pm, parked outside, cut the engine, and listened....silence. Came back at 10pm....silence. Came back after midnight....silence. OK good, I took the apartment. One week later a little grocery store directly opposite closed down and a new owner turned it into a karaoke cum brothel. Every night I had drunks singing, tuktuks coming and going bringing customers.

Sometimes you can complain and get results but mostly you just have to move away or put up with it. I've finished with signing long leases now. From now on I tell landlords we take it month by month or I'm not interested.

This is pretty much the answer /thread.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif A good bullsh@tter must have a good memory. Looks like you are busted telling porky pies. clap2.gif

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif A good bullsh@tter must have a good memory. Looks like you are busted telling porky pies. clap2.gif

Are you referring to mr Fawlty? Yes, indeed , he is the BS champion of TV.