Not shaken or stirred: Daniel Craig dazzles as 007 on Spectre red carpet

webfact

Not shaken or stirred: Daniel Craig dazzles as 007 on Spectre red carpet

606x341_315922.jpg

LONDON: -- Daniel Craig looked neither shaken nor stirred when he returned to the red carpet for his fourth appearance as international super spy James Bond.

He walked down the red carpet with confidence at the opening of Spectre at London’s Royal Albert Hall.

But it wasn’t just for the cast’s eyes only. Sam Mendes’ second offering to the 24-film franchise became the first
Bond movie to open on nationwide release across the UK and Ireland on the same day as its premiere.

Craig has played 007 for a decade.

“I’ve just been allowed to be creatively involved with these films from the very beginning and I’ve continued to be allowed to do it with this,” he told the press. “Thankfully we’ve just got the most amazing team around us and we figure it out. We’ve got one of the best directors there is and some of the best writers.”

Some fans with a live and let die attitude queued from as early as two days before the premiere, braving the brisk British weather to catch a glimpse of Craig, Bond girls Léa Seydoux and Monica Belluci and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry.

“It’s magic. It’s incredible how James Bond represents so much, not just in England but all over the world,” said Belluci.

In the film, Bond goes up against a criminal syndicate known as Spectre (Special Executive for Counter-Intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge and Extortion). It’s a shady organisation last referred to in 1971’s Diamond’s Are Forever, in which Sean Connery played 007.

Early reviews have been positive. Craig, however, has so far refused to comment on whether his time in the role will die another day, or if his fourth outing as Bond will be his last.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2015-10-27

Cant sell himself to me, there was only one Bond.

Id be oozing confidence if those two were on my arm as well.

Connery?

Here's what Roger Moore had to say about it.

I'm the worst Bond, according to the Internet. Generally hated! I was too funny, too light. Didn't take it seriously enough. Well, I mean, this is a man who is supposed to be a spy. And yet he turns up in bars and hotels around the world, and everyone says, 'Ah, Mr Bond, we've been expecting you.' Everybody knows who he is and what he wants to drink. It's the same with the Bond girls. All the new ones say, 'Oh, I'm going to be different from the others', but before long it's always the same - 'Oh, James!'

I like Bond. But it's silly to take it seriously. It's just a great big comic strip.

IMHO he is right.

Last night I watched a movie, "Road to Perdition", and recognised an early Craig. cast as a villain.

It was this that made me realise why he is so apt as a Bond. He's not "ruggedly handsome" and suave like Connery, but "bad boy handsome". He's got an ugly nastiness in his good looks. The turn of the mouth, the semi-sneer, the cold eyes etc. It was only him being a villain that led me to see this. As 007 (licensed to kill), this bad boy coldness lends Craig an air that makes him the most suitable Bond.

Connery's suavity and physicality did much, but Connery was never a cold-blooded killer like Craig. Bond has to be a killer.

Last night I watched a movie, "Road to Perdition", and recognised an early Craig. cast as a villain.

It was this that made me realise why he is so apt as a Bond. He's not "ruggedly handsome" and suave like Connery, but "bad boy handsome". He's got an ugly nastiness in his good looks. The turn of the mouth, the semi-sneer, the cold eyes etc. It was only him being a villain that led me to see this. As 007 (licensed to kill), this bad boy coldness lends Craig an air that makes him the most suitable Bond.

Connery's suavity and physicality did much, but Connery was never a cold-blooded killer like Craig. Bond has to be a killer.

Movie-critic-speak for, "I rather fancy him."

Lolzzz couldn't resist.

Generally, though, I think Craig is the best Bond ever, and he has been great in a couple of other films, like 'Layer Cake' and 'Katyn'...

Edited by TheKnave

Shallow homophobe speak for "I am so insecure in my sexuality that I never dare admit that another man is handsome, and I resent a guy being so secure in his own masculinity that he can".

Edited by Seastallion

Cant sell himself to me, there was only one Bond.

Id be oozing confidence if those two were on my arm as well.

Connery?

Here's what Roger Moore had to say about it.

I'm the worst Bond, according to the Internet. Generally hated! I was too funny, too light. Didn't take it seriously enough. Well, I mean, this is a man who is supposed to be a spy. And yet he turns up in bars and hotels around the world, and everyone says, 'Ah, Mr Bond, we've been expecting you.' Everybody knows who he is and what he wants to drink. It's the same with the Bond girls. All the new ones say, 'Oh, I'm going to be different from the others', but before long it's always the same - 'Oh, James!'

I like Bond. But it's silly to take it seriously. It's just a great big comic strip.

IMHO he is right.

Spot on. After him Bond films just weren't Bond films any more and more like the Fast and Furious franchise films. they lost the subtle comedy and the tongue in cheek and simply replaced those with violence and car chases

Connery was an all rounder as Bond. Didnt find him agressive in the role but there was something about him that made you thought you wouldn't <deleted> with him

Moore brought humour and cheek to the roll.

Daltrey and Brosnan filled in.

Craig has made the role gritty. Doesn't have Connery's demenour but you feel he is some what believable compared to previous Bonds.

Shallow homophobe speak for "I am so insecure in my sexuality that I never dare admit that another man is handsome, and I resent a guy being so secure in his own masculinity that he can".

Perhaps we take ourselves too seriously ?, eh what?