Saudi prince held over record Beirut airport drug bust

webfact

Chances are he'll claim diplomatic immunity and walk.

When I lived in Boston, a young Saudi Prince who was studying at a local university killed a pedestrian with his luxury sportscar and fled the scene. He was caught on video and arrested but was out of the country in a week: diplomatic immunity. It seems all members of the Saudi Royal Family carry Diplomatic Passports.

Intriguing.....

Saudis are quite quick to punish their own, but whether they will do so in the case of a royal I have to wonder.

google "Princess Misha'al bint Fahd al Saud" who was publicly executed in Jeddah.

just feed him the drugs

Too humanitarian to 'simply' decapitate.....first cane him (1000 strokes), then crucify him, THEN chop his head off! ( similar to the previous punishments provided by the Saudi government)

Another one: http://thefreethoughtproject.com/sets-free-rapist-saudi-prince-week-caught-smuggling-2-tons-isis-drugs/?utm_source=getresponse&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=savoymatt&utm_content=The+Free+Thought+Project+Newsletter

Too humanitarian to 'simply' decapitate.....first cane him (1000 strokes), then crucify him, THEN chop his head off! ( similar to the previous punishments provided by the Saudi government)

Another one: http://thefreethoughtproject.com/sets-free-rapist-saudi-prince-week-caught-smuggling-2-tons-isis-drugs/?utm_source=getresponse&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=savoymatt&utm_content=The+Free+Thought+Project+Newsletter

I guess you do not really know much about syariah law.....it would be better to understand the law and comment so it would not look kindda silly .....

...and maybe it would be better to know how to spell Shari'ah law before kicking someone else...... so it would not look kinda sillycheesy.gif

What sort of Royal worth his weight in gold does not arrange to have someone in the royal entourage take the fall. Do they not learn in Saudia Arabia by watching how other Royals cover up such indiscretions? Oh well, better Beirut than Los Angeles.

Why better Beirut than Los Angeles?

The Bin Ladens were gotten out of the country pretty quickly after 9/11.

I guess you do not really know much about syariah law.....it would be better to understand the law and comment so it would not look kindda silly .....

...and maybe it would be better to know how to spell Shari'ah law before kicking someone else...... so it would not look kinda sillycheesy.gif

"syariah" is the correct spelling using the Malaysian and Indonesian languages "Bahasa".

Chances are he'll claim diplomatic immunity and walk.

When I lived in Boston, a young Saudi Prince who was studying at a local university killed a pedestrian with his luxury sportscar and fled the scene. He was caught on video and arrested but was out of the country in a week: diplomatic immunity. It seems all members of the Saudi Royal Family carry Diplomatic Passports.

Intriguing.....

Saudis are quite quick to punish their own, but whether they will do so in the case of a royal I have to wonder.

google "Princess Misha'al bint Fahd al Saud" who was publicly executed in Jeddah.

Yes but that was some 40 years ago. Interestingly she reportedly confessed the required 3 times. But you supplied a good examples that Royals can be punished, albeit a female, and it was under the orders of her grandfather, which carried weight.

He'll get off relatively lightly. Similar to the former chief Thai cop who recently tried taking a pistol on to a commercial airplane. A slap on the wrist, then a slap on the back with a wink and a nod, then back to his pampered existence in his home country.

Maybe not. Saudi and Lebanon are not the best of friends. Saudi makes it hard for Lebanese people to work there. Lebanon may take this chance to get back at Saudi.

It just shows you what a bunch of hypocrits the Saudis are. You can do nothing in their country but they go overseas and expect to do as they wish. I hope he is jailed and for a very long time. In Saudi it would be an automatic death penalty

Edited by gandalf12

"syariah" is the correct spelling using the Malaysian and Indonesian languages "Bahasa".

I stand corrected and apologize for my ignorance of the alternate spelling.

It would seem, there are A LOT of princes in Saudi Arabia.... Re the House of Saud:

The House of Saud (Arabic: آل سعودĀl Saʻūd) is the ruling royal family of Saudi Arabia. The family has thousands of members.

The family is estimated to be composed of 15,000 members, but the majority of the power and wealth is possessed by a group of only about 2,000.[3][4]

Would be interesting to know what portion of them carry immunity-granting diplomatic passports when traveling abroad???

All of them

The mafia food chain goes all the way to the top.

The General's and Politicians that protect the criminals need protection too. Who would bust a Prince?

Somebody had some serious pull to have this guy busted.

You know who was behind this the Yes the Mossard

Edited by HenryB

steven100. post # 7

Wasn't a Saudi prince caught sexually harassing a maid last week , and he said ' I'm a prince .. I can do anything I like ' ?????

Correct and it was in the States as I recall.

Yet again we see the arrogance of these creatures who look down upon the lesser mortal they have to share the air with. Never mind prince Abdel you and your lot will in the not too distant future be herding camel again to make a few dinars.the oil is running out then again you will be the beggars at the table.

Not in our lifetime that's for sure.

Edited by MadMuhummad

The Saudis are some of the most arrogant and disrespectful around. Who would care if you can just claim diplomatic immunity? Hope they put him away for life. By the way, what is the penalty in Saudi Arabia for this crime?

THe death penalty

Most of us have no plans to study your cult's dogma..

We read the news.

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2015/09/saudi-arabia-beheading-crucifixion-nimr/407221/

You're the one who looks silly.

Hezbollah, ie Iran are very influential in Lebanon .

I doubt prince would be getting off lightly

That was my thought, regarding how the bust went down. Wrong people working at the airport that day. Shiites or their allies (Christian Arabs or Armenians).

Patriotic Lebanese may not be too pleased with refugee crisis created by Saudi-backed ISIS. Saudis may have gotten respect back during the Hariri building boom but perhaps not so much these days?

In any case, may God bless the heroes.

Mash'Allah !

The mafia food chain goes all the way to the top.

The General's and Politicians that protect the criminals need protection too. Who would bust a Prince?

Somebody had some serious pull to have this guy busted.

Yes those things do occur...

But...

I personally don't think it HAD to be an action by the larger Cartel.

There are heroes everywhere, working behind the scenes. Acting when they can.

He'll get off relatively lightly. Similar to the former chief Thai cop who recently tried taking a pistol on to a commercial airplane. A slap on the wrist, then a slap on the back with a wink and a nod, then back to his pampered existence in his home country.

I don't know the incident you are referring to.

But at first hearing, I sure don't see the similarity between a policeman breaking a rule about carrying a weapon..... and smuggling millions of doses of dehumanizing poison.

I realize you guys who live in SEA get a bit jaded over things you see or read about, but shouldn't we keep some perspective?

But at first hearing, I sure don't see the similarity between a policeman breaking a rule about carrying a weapon..... and smuggling millions of doses of dehumanizing poison.

I realize you guys who live in SEA get a bit jaded over things you see or read about, but shouldn't we keep some perspective?

He should get the same sentence that anyone caught with drugs is Saudi wuld get....................execution

There is no comparison. It was a very poor example. Carrying a gun in checked baggage, undeclared is a crime but nothing on the order of smuggling a million tabs of drugs. My guess is that the death penalty would apply under Sharia law. Diplomatic immunity should not be allowed in a situation like this. Will it be allowed? Most likely. Is that fair? Who said fairness is a criteria of any sort in the Arabian Peninsula? Edited by spidermike007