Ducati 959?

ChaangNoi

I agree with the other Ducati owners. I have a Diavel that I have had for a couple of years now and I really enjoy owning and riding it but the Ducatis aren't the most trouble free bikes by a long shot. My biggest problem with my Diavel was with one of the fuel injector pressure sensors. I got it repaired OK but my Diavel was out of commission for two months. It was three weeks before I could even take it to Ducati after making my appointment, then another five weeks for the part to come from Italy. Ducatis are great bikes, the power, looks, sound, and feel of the bikes are awesome but if you wan't something more practical, get a Honda, Yamaha, Kawa, etc. I have a Honda CB650F that I ride on my trips, I don't expect to have any problems with it but if I do I can take it to Honda Big Wing here in Pattaya and they will wheel it in the shop and fix it then and there, not so with Ducatis sad.png .

• 1 month later...

Ducati gave me a loaner bike while I am waiting for the fix. There was some additional back and forth to ensure it's actually a warranty claim; now they are waiting for parts. It's all a bit of a joke at this point. Should I consider it normal for this bike to be in the garage for 2 months? I mean - come on!

Oh yeah they want the loaner bike back, too. I told them yeah sure they can have it back, but give me another loaner bike. Let's see what happens.

nikster: for issues involving parts being ordered from Italy I think 2 months isn't far off from the norm. I don't have numbers for all cases but it took also forever for my parts to get here.

And you can consider yourself lucky that you got a loaner bike at all.

"Ducati .......probably the best designs"

I completely disagree.

I have had three Ducatis in my life and two of the three are now worth a fortune.

The third one, the modern one, was a triumph of style over substance.

One simple example. The steering head nut on the modern one was a thing of beauty that required a hundred dollar special tool to remove whereas just about every other manufacturer uses a fastener that can be removed with conventional tools.

Another. Plastic covers over a plastic fuel tank of dubious quality that distorts when subject to gasohol secured by numerous cheap fasteners requiring about five different tools to remove.

It would not even run right unless you were prepared to stump up an extra THB 80,000 for the DP ECU.

I like Ducati and have many fond memories of riding them but I would need some convincing to buy a new one.

And, getting back on topic. Ducati 959? A pretty compelling reason to hang on to your 899 if you are lucky enough to have one.

nikster: for issues involving parts being ordered from Italy I think 2 months isn't far off from the norm. I don't have numbers for all cases but it took also forever for my parts to get here.

And you can consider yourself lucky that you got a loaner bike at all.

I know what's the norm but I find it totally unacceptable. Because it is unacceptable. I love my Ducati, I want to help Ducati do right by their customers - for that they seriously need to upgrade their parts ordering system.

From everything they tell me, there is not a very good reason for things to take this long. Their entire servicing process just seems to be incredibly inefficient. I can see that they're maybe too cheap for stocking lots of parts for imported bikes from Italy but for made in Thailand ones... they are basically receiving ALL the parts for these bikes multiple times every day... so what is the reason again these cannot be used as spare parts? Answer: There is no good reason.

Yeah, I have to admit I'm partly going for the looks. I'm never going to be able to use the full potential of that bike.

Refreshing to find a biker who actually admits to being a poser.

99%+ of people who buy a superbike can never use its full potential

so basically every superbike owner is a poser?

• 1 month later...

Yeah it is horrid, annoyingly they must have the decent exhaust on the production line as Australia are getting the decent exhaust and the bikes are coming from the Bangkok factory! only 530k in aus too..

So you'll have to pay another 80-90k to make it look good again. That's more expensive than a BMW S1000RR.

nikster: I'm curious as to what happened to your bike in the end as I also have another Ducati service horror story unfolding with my Scrambler at the moment (1 month at the garage so far).

I would hazard that 99% of bike owners can not utilize 30% of their bikes potential.

papa's bikes have very little potential so....

I would hazard that 99% of bike owners can not utilize 30% of their bikes potential.

papa's bikes have very little potential so....

... so there is a 99% chance that papa can't utilize 30% of his bikes very little potential!

Now I'm disappointed, papa.

Okay, that is sooner than I expected to be honest.

I did not know about the tax being the same, that is interesting.

Any idea on what the tax will be on the 1299? I wonder if it will drop enough to make it worth while over the 959.

Not nearly enough power for the thai autobahns..coffee1.gif

• 1 month later...

Has anyone heard anything about the release date yet? I went to see Ducati Phuket and they do not know much, they said maybe July, and as it stands no free exhaust - unsurprisingly theyve not had any orders yet, I said if they do a free exhaust like they did on the 899 I'll pay a deposit immediately. Anyone spoken to bangkok or pattaya branch?

• 2 weeks later...

Even who buy bike for sport.

For last 20 year industry its much upgrate.

tires more stick to the road. brake more efficiently. motorcycles faster and lighter.

but the instinct of self-preservation.

on new motorcycles can learn to ride on the new. removing the old instincts and habits.

But its to hard.

Ask Ducati on fb

@matale0

You would think that given that most have their noses stuck in their phones all day long my FB question from 4 days ago would have been answered

Maybe that is the answer and once the "sale" is over on the old models they will see fit to answer me

Archived