Do you worry about safety?

oval

I ride carefully when I'm here, no accidents so far, but my near misses have mostly been Thai drivers taking calculated risks, or just taking risks. So far they haven't connected, but it's scary when someone misses me by millimetres.

My feeling driving overall here is getting worse because of ice, but then again, I wouldn't know.

As other posters have said, don't ride at night, be super vigilant/ride defensively, and wear a helmet - and I'd be hypocritical if I said 'and all the gear' because I don't, sorry to say.

Oh yeah, and make sure you have insurance which will work because you also have the appropriate licence.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Of course I worry about safety that is why i wear safety gear and don't ride like an idiot. However it still is risky but i still feel the rewards outweigh the risks. If I were to use my car all the time id spend half of my life waiting for traffic.

In the end its all about how much risk your willing to take and what your comfortable with. You can die of so many things but riding a motorbike is dangerous.

At least 26,000 people killed in road accidents every year in Thailand, up to 80% are motorcyclists. Yes, you could say riding a bike is risky.
that figure could be hugely reduced if people used proper head protection in thailand

And reduced further if they used what's inside their head.

that figure could be hugely reduced if people used proper head protection in thailand

And reduced further if they used what's inside their head.

"Yorkshire born Yorkshire bread-strong in the arm but thick in the head" ................so how does that help you Mick cheesy.gif

sorry about that couldn,t resist after seeing your avatar............. being a red rose whippet and cloth cap lad meself thumbsup.gif

I'm almost 60 years old and rode bikes all my life, even had my own team at home, but in Thailand feel insecure when on the bike and use it as less as possible.

Never in my life I've seen so many morons per sqm meter as on Thailand roads.

Add to that you need at least 6 eyes to see all the potholes in the roads.

Edited by TheCruncher