Fake Foreign lovers, including 'David Cameron', scam women for 29m baht

webfact

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not even going to read all the posts here. yes there are some bad Western men. If I was refereeing it would be 2 million women scamming western men to a few hundred western men scamming Thai women. I saw this on the news. Just another anti, western men are all bad publicity stunt.

Thais would never ever do this of course.

To the TV members who have been here a while. This happens everywhere. As a Brit just a shame that the guy supposedly has a British Passport ( I do question that). Another reason for the recent xenophobia.

Do they have to say 'farang' in formal print media? Yeesh! It just looks really ghetto when they translate everything to English, but leave that word in tact.

Here we go again. It's not a pejorative term, it's not insulting - it's simply saying the person in question is not Thai.

Foreigner is similar to farang - remember Thais find it just as difficult to pronounce English words as we do Thai. In another version, it's a Thai joke - falang is one Thai word for celery, which is long and white/

If you really want to feel insulted, try Chinese (gweiloh) or Japanese ( gaijin ). Both translate as barbarian.

Personally, I find it difficult to believe a woman who has 23 million baht by her own work or inheritance is going to be that ignorant with money.

I'm mildly offended b/c I know classy Thais use the term 'tang chad'. But it's not an English word. It's Thai slang and has no business in printed media. And every other word in the sentence is in English (very likely translated from Thai). So it just looks stupid, and very typical of Thai reporting.

Btw, I agree. This story seems a little far fetched. Based on what I know about face culture, the girl probably botched an investment and fabricated this story to make herself look like a victim.

23 Million baht, she must be duller than most if not all the love sick Farang that have fallen for the Thai lady scams, what was she promised, to move in at number 10 Downing street or what, AND And if as she says she lost 23 million baht, surely she would have had some kind of IQ, If it is true

......is this to justify how many foreigners are truly scammed by Thai women???

...no comparison....

...the foreigners come her looking for love and marriage...

...the Thai women that 'get scammed'....are lured by their own greed.....

Do they have to say 'farang' in formal print media? Yeesh! It just looks really ghetto when they translate everything to English, but leave that word in tact.

Here we go again. It's not a pejorative term, it's not insulting - it's simply saying the person in question is not Thai.

Foreigner is similar to farang - remember Thais find it just as difficult to pronounce English words as we do Thai. In another version, it's a Thai joke - falang is one Thai word for celery, which is long and white/

If you really want to feel insulted, try Chinese (gweiloh) or Japanese ( gaijin ). Both translate as barbarian.

Personally, I find it difficult to believe a woman who has 23 million baht by her own work or inheritance is going to be that ignorant with money.

I find the term insulting, ignorant and offensive.

It's just some guys who are trying to get even for those Thai women who did it to them.

----------------------------------------

As the saying goes, "There is a sucker born every minute"......and apparently some of them are female.

Those girls / ladies looking for a more comfortable life , but without the skill to weed out scammers -

are unfortunately victims to these " Nigerian Schemes " in many varieties .

Please advertise the " Scam Clearing House " phone number or website for these ladies .

I understand these ladies are NOT from the LOWER rung of this society because they are

capable of mastering a foreign language at a more advance level .

A simple " poor girl " will never be so stupid as to send MILLIONS of Baht to a "potential lover "

because she DOES NOT have the money .

It's just some guys who are trying to get even for those Thai women who did it to them.

As the saying goes, "There is a sucker born every minute"......and apparently some of them are female.

Those girls / ladies looking for a more comfortable life , but without the skill to weed out scammers -

are unfortunately victims to these " Nigerian Schemes " in many varieties .

Please advertise the " Scam Clearing House " phone number or website for these ladies .

I understand these ladies are NOT from the LOWER rung of this society because they are

capable of mastering a foreign language at a more advance level .

A simple " poor girl " will never be so stupid as to send MILLIONS of Baht to a "potential lover "

because she DOES NOT have the money .

23 million BHT is a big sucker wub.png

it looks like a non-ending story this ... ??

used to know a Thai lady more than 2 years ago, she told that she lost about 5000 USD with a Nigerian scammer!!

how silly this this sick game to be?? really seems so idiot to be a real story this ?

No head and shoulders passport photo, instead, an angled body shot... yet someone still fell for it... facepalm.gif

So typical of these (usually African) scammers to use two common English names as both first and surname (this one using two shortened versions!). But it's not only Thais who fall for them.

My wife got a message on her Facebook (it's now friends only) from a guy declaring his undying love for her. Said he was from Canada ... they obviously don't learn english there.

She replied sorry but said a friend would be interested and I made up an e-mail address.

We have now been declaring undying love for each other for 3 weeks. He says he's building a VIP Lounge at the new Doha Airport. A 1.4 million dollar project.

I just snipped a few pics from the internet and send them now and again with a sweet message written on the pics. I use a VPN ... guess I'll get bored soon.

just for shits and giggles, ask him for some money, let us know what happens next!

complete BS story

for once lets use our brain. If this story was true:

1) this woman was completely in love horny about Cameron

2) if she was that silly, she would have been already cheated big time by her fellow thai citizen

I am not even going to read all the posts here. yes there are some bad Western men. If I was refereeing it would be 2 million women scamming western men to a few hundred western men scamming Thai women. I saw this on the news. Just another anti, western men are all bad publicity stunt.

Thais would never ever do this of course.

To the TV members who have been here a while. This happens everywhere. As a Brit just a shame that the guy supposedly has a British Passport ( I do question that). Another reason for the recent xenophobia.

i agree, thats my opinion as well. Thats just nationalism, anti western propaganda.

They<the govt> try to turn thai people against foreigners farangs, and they might succeed!

Edited by Bender

“Most of the scammers are Nigerians. They use Facebook and chat applications to befriend the victims. They used photos of good-looking farangs or foreign politicians, like David Cameron, the British Prime Minister.”

Scotland should have got it's own government during the recent referendum.

Only fair seeing as England has got itself a Nigerian Prime Minister.

I see you are not a fan of democracy.

Dare I say what Scotland would have got for PM had they voted the other way.

“Most of the scammers are Nigerians. They use Facebook and chat applications to befriend the victims. They used photos of good-looking farangs or foreign politicians, like David Cameron, the British Prime Minister.”

Scotland should have got it's own government during the recent referendum.

Only fair seeing as England has got itself a Nigerian Prime Minister.

England doesn't have it's own Prime Minister.

Great Britain does though.

The quote didn't say that Cameron was a Nigerian.

saai.gif