Immigration warns homeowners they have 24hrs to report foreign guests

webfact

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

removed

So if you file an extension you never put your address on the TM7.

You never supply a copy of your wifes house book.

You never supply a copy of your wifes ID card.

This may come as a quite a shock to your wife but she is registered at an address (as are all Thais).

Its known as the Civil Registration Act.

From birth she was registered and her name put in a house book.

They will be registered on a house book with an address for the remainder of her life.

In your own Country you would also be registered at an address.

So would every foreigner living in your Country.

il stay where i like / how long i like / for whatever reason i like - them's my laws Dorfus they can like it or lump it ----------or get emselves outside we see how we go huh .

Unfortunately your laws don't mean a 'hoot' in Thailand.

Pleading 'Ignorance' to the laws of a foreign Country proves only one thing. Your 'Ignorant'!

Personal threats or violence to Immigration or Police will buy you a one way ticket to jail, before they deport you.

Your not impressing me or anyone else with the, I'm the 'hard' man attitude.

WHAT A LOT OF RUBBISH ! I have a place in thailand with wife we have never reported that i lived there , nor has she ever been asked anything , its a lot of crap , where you live is up to you , not them. If they came to my door ''boxing would take place '' lol Id tell em to f-----------k off !

What a hide , i can't believe you guys take this seriously - a toothy copper on the door bolllicks ! not true sorry ! ''me no believe'' anyway who gives a toss , where you live /. how long / none of their business !

Hey guys Satalins dead))) so to Hitler , to my knowledge they were only big 2 whom could ever tell you where to live and when to breath.

Ive lived in life 4 years plus 3 months in thailand nobody ever even mentioned to me what iam doing there / who is wife / where i live / how long / what for , my wifes never heard of this crap !

Thailand because i'm married!!!! il stay where i like / how long i like / for whatever reason i like - them's my laws Dorfus they can like it or lump it ----------or get emselves outside we see how we go huh .

You guys going to let some circulated ''fairy tale '; tell you - you must report & stand on the dot '' stoop your 6 ft frame down to the 4 ft monkey in the suit and say ''yes boss '' come on, you have to be joking ! you' are all hoodwinked by fairy tales ! Ive never heard so much crap in my life - report where you live)))) bullshit !!!!

Where are we living??? Russia'' IN THE FORBIDDEN ZONES'') ----- or Thailand ? come on you got to get in into perspective! Nobody can enforce or dictate where a person married to one of their nationals lives , not in Thailand there is too many westerners to keep track off ---- it don't work ! And more so, why would anybody bother ?

Id say some drunken official has dreamed all this up overnight - woke up shipwrecked ''with his mast in the air and foam all over his guts'' lol - sorry not real - it just don't wash, and it don't hold water , its reasoning also bears no fruit $ for thai govvy! - thai govvy does nothing unless there is a dollar in it for them

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

What can one say after this. It just takes the cake. So given what you are on about you have either lied to immigration, are an overstayer, an illegal or just an absolute tosser. Maybe all and the last description is the most polite one I am able to find.

I, for one, don't believe your fairytale and as for living in Thailand, I'd say more like cloud cuckooland. Given the manner in which you have written you are either a very angry person, unable to control your emotions or on something that I wouldn't want any part of. Maybe all of the above.

I think you should slow down, take it easy and this should see calmess come and you your life will be sabai di, not mai di as it appears to be now. Well maybe, here's hoping for your sake. clap2.gifrolleyes.gif

Oh.... Look. A lot of residents with a "proper visa" seem to be up in arms about this. Don't worry folks, it's only going to get worse for retired and married farang.

Wake me up when it does. I'm a farang, retired and married so it must come to me three fold. I also look forward to the prophets telling me how it will be in the future. Thanks so much, I can do away reading my stars, just keep me informed. coffee1.gif

Haha. The illusion of thinking your money has bought something you own in Thailand. Go ahead and buy a condo but you probably don't own a minute part of the land. House? By some convoluted method that's breaking the law you think you own it. Remember you will always be a visitor and foreigner. Then you won't go far wrong.

Haha. The illusion of thinking your money has bought something you own in Thailand. Go ahead and buy a condo but you probably don't own a minute part of the land. House? By some convoluted method that's breaking the law you think you own it. Remember you will always be a visitor and foreigner. Then you won't go far wrong.

You can legally buy a house you just can't own the land it sits on!

Oh.... Look. A lot of residents with a "proper visa" seem to be up in arms about this. Don't worry folks, it's only going to get worse for retired and married farang.

Wake me up when it does. I'm a farang, retired and married so it must come to me three fold. I also look forward to the prophets telling me how it will be in the future. Thanks so much, I can do away reading my stars, just keep me informed. coffee1.gif

I just think the long time "residents" who were trivializing and bad mouthing those pesky tourists who shouldn't be in Thailand just got trolled by immigration.

More is to come.

That is for sure.

The best visa to be on here is Tourist visa.

Like most immigration issues, I think it depends on the office you report to and how they interpret the laws and rules.

Example:

I will be moving into a new home next month.

After all I read here on TV, I am willing to follow the rules about changing my address as soon as i relocate.

I did my 90 day report last week and informed the officers (2 ) at my office that I would be moving soon and asked for confirmation about what documents and forms I needed to submit when I relocate.

I was told by the information officer to talk to the officer I would see for my 90 day report about it..

The officer I did my 90 day with just smiled ( almost laughed ) and told me, " Do not worry about it, you don't need any forms. Just tell me your new address the next time you do a 90 day report, or when you file for your next extension if that comes first."

As I stated above, where you report and the officers you deal with seem to make a huge difference.

Tonight I am happy not to live in Hau Hin.

That's exactly what happened with me at the Khon Kaen office. I filed a new one-year visa extension with my new address and it was excepted as an address change notification.
"it was excepted as an address change notification"......do you mean to say that it was not accepted?
Sorry.

Brain fart.

Accepted.

I just think the long time "residents" who were trivializing and bad mouthing those pesky tourists who shouldn't be in Thailand just got trolled by immigration.

More is to come.

That is for sure.

The best visa to be on here is Tourist visa.

Tourists come, tourists go, I will wait to see what will come and yes I have to agree that more is to come but I think for the better. I would really like to see those deginerates and criminals who get in here get their marching orders and suffer the consquences of their misdeeds in their homeland. If some of those "Pesky Tourists" didn't whinge about the rules and regulations and stopped trying to beat the system, then maybe they woud not be trivialised and bad mouthed.

I do however, have to disagree with the tourist visa bit, as, at this time, I'm quite happy with the extension of stay based on retirement. I have no problem with funds that are required but there are many who do. Sure, they have changed one aspect, that is the month's wait for approval but that hasn't affected me, other than having to go back a second time

Given time I would I would like to see the funds required for retirement be enforced and lodged by the recipient, not some shonky company who wants to lend the money a few months prior to the extension of stay being sought. I've made a committment 11 years, even when I was not living here full time, to lodge those funds and that's why I have no sympathy for anyone trying to buck the system, especially if they're caught. You see them time on time on TVF looking for ways to get some one to help them overcome a problem of their own making and those who want to help. Really irks me, just do it above board and there will be no complaints.

You can legally buy a house you just can't own the land it sits on!

Lol. Yeah, and what a clearly sensible business proposition that is. Can certainly see lots of busy work for lawyers arising from that.

Could someone please clarify how immigration have informed all of those that own property in Hua Hin,the report seems to be flawed after re reading it,does it mean every household in Prachuap province or a few condo owners.

This is all a bit cloak and dagger,I shall wait for the nation wide enforcement of this law before I get to involved.

What's the stance in Pattaya and Bangkok where the numbers of expats is larger still ?

Seems like scaremongering to me,I'm prepared to take a chance up here in Phetchabun after re considering the report.

Don't worry man, whole Thailand knows about all those farang in huge mansions living in Petchabun. During songkran it's like being in Europe, immigration sure knows that.

In your own Country you would also be registered at an address.

So would every foreigner living in your Country.

That's not true for the UK. While there may be an annual registration of adult and near-adult Commonwealth and EU citizens, other foreigners settled in the UK before 2012 in general only need to registered if they wish to become employees. (Even then, it isn't strictly necessary.) The general requirement for adults to be registered was removed with the abolition of the community charge (a.k.a. poll tax). Foreigners resident by virtue of being or having been 'family members of EEA nationals' do not need to be registered.

Skimmed through the thread and saw a lot of comments implying this was only relevant to Hua Hin or the province Hua Hin is in. Just thought I'd mention that my neighbour from the UK recently went to get a re-entry permit at Kanchanaburi immigration and they told him he needs to go and report there within 24 hours of returning from his trip home to the UK. This was just a month ago. He got back earlier this week and did indeed go there to report the day after he got back.

A quick search for popular spots in Thailand on Airbnb reveals just how many residences are being let as short term accommodation...

To me it seems there is a more sinister purpose behind the new enforcement of the law, (as opposed to knee-jerk reaction) - it is a handy way to detect tax dodgers, and also exposes work permit violations. If your name/face is on Airbnb as a host and the comments extol your "wonderful service" etc. then you run the risk of being outed for working illegally...

If the house is owned by a sham "company" then the penalties could be even higher if the company is not showing any income...

Can't say I feel any sympathy as all concerned know exactly what they are doing. You take the risk you pay the price.

A quick search for popular spots in Thailand on Airbnb reveals just how many residences are being let as short term accommodation...

To me it seems there is a more sinister purpose behind the new enforcement of the law, (as opposed to knee-jerk reaction) - it is a handy way to detect tax dodgers, and also exposes work permit violations. If your name/face is on Airbnb as a host and the comments extol your "wonderful service" etc. then you run the risk of being outed for working illegally...

If the house is owned by a sham "company" then the penalties could be even higher if the company is not showing any income...

Can't say I feel any sympathy as all concerned know exactly what they are doing. You take the risk you pay the price.

That's interesting and does make sense although most of them are thais. One thai lady in my condo has 7 of them listed but was forced by juristic to change from nightly to monthly.

Sent from my IdeaTabA1000-G using Tapatalk

So is there a definitive answer on this yet.

I am out Thailand on a 3 week trip at the moment.

Every other time I have simply gone through Suvarnabhumi and this reset my 90 day report on my extension for marriage. I never went to Hua Hin Immigration to report my return to our home, registered in my wife's name and in Immigration. And it wasnt a problem with a new extension.

So now after a 30 hour trip I have to waste the next day travelling to HH to tell them what they already know?

I'm not sure, in that case, what the point of listing a permanent residence is if it isn't the default address for me in Thailand until I change it.

I always hope that someday the government will see the amount of time and effort wasted on this needless red tape. Instead it seems to get worse with every change of policy.

Oh for the day when permanent ex-pat residents are issued a card and relieved of this participation in the bureaucratic circus.

The fact that they are enforcing this law more and more it's about time they actually informed the people responsible of their obligation.

Sounds like gestapo crap to me.

Just a side point.... If you check out the German immigration site, it does say that you must notify the local police of your visit and where staying, within 24 hours of arrival. I don't have the time to pull the quote, but do a search, it's there. And this is a European country.

This doesn't apply to people who marrive illegally by foot or rail...only to people who arrive legally for business or tourism are required to report.

This would then also suggest that there is not only a requirement for the property owner but also for the guest to report themselves to immigration should they stay outside of the province for more than 24 hours.

So I'm expected to report to Immigration every time i go from Hua Hin to Bangkok?

I'm beginning to think it would easier if I was an expat in North Korea.

Far as I know it's never been a requirement for a RESIDENT to report their presence, only for the OWNER to do so, and there is no form that I know of that they can use anyway.

Just imagine if every RESIDENT of Bkk had to report in person to immigration on return- utter CHAOS. Surely this is wrong.

This would then also suggest that there is not only a requirement for the property owner but also for the guest to report themselves to immigration should they stay outside of the province for more than 24 hours.

So I'm expected to report to Immigration every time i go from Hua Hin to Bangkok?

I'm beginning to think it would easier if I was an expat in North Korea.

Far as I know it's never been a requirement for a RESIDENT to report their presence, only for the OWNER to do so, and there is no form that I know of that they can use anyway.

Just imagine if every RESIDENT of Bkk had to report in person to immigration on return- utter CHAOS. Surely this is wrong.

If these rules were enforced, there would be chaos anyway. Wouldn't the owner have to report upon return of the resident every time he returns after staying in another province for more than 24 hours? How can he know where people stay at any time?