US jets intercept Russian warplanes off Korean peninsula

webfact

The last time the US congress voted and approved to declared war on another country was June 4th 1942 against Bulgaria, Rumania and Hungary. They have not voted to since that date. Can anyone please tell me how it has justified bombing the crap out of all the countries it has since that date ? My country the UK is no better but all we hear is how Russia is the aggressor ?

Let's hear you argue that the US was an unjustified aggressor going into Korea during the period known as the Korean War.

Edited by SheungWan

Here is an analysis of Putin that is one of the best and perhaps the most insightful, written by Thomas Nichols, Ph.D. and Professor in the National Security Division of the US Naval War College (Newport, R.I.)

Russia’s Leader Is Neither A Realist Nor A Nationalist

To understand Vladimir Putin’s wars, the key is to understand the final two decades of the Soviet Union, not the first two decades of the new Russia.

The Kremlin’s foreign policy at this point violates almost every rule of competent strategy, to say nothing of common sense. From the injunction to avoid the needless multiplication of enemies to the danger of letting emotion overcome policy, Putin has trampled all over “realist” expectations.

America is being drawn into a European [and Middle East]conflict only because Putin is too stupid to know enough to keep us out of it, despite every indication from the White House that we want nothing to do with any of this. If this is Russian “realism,” it’s the dumbest realism in modern history.

http://thefederalist.com/2014/09/02/russias-leader-is-neither-a-realist-nor-a-nationalist/

Putin is no doubt sending his warplanes to shadow a US aircraft carrier and other warships together on maneuvers, to include South Korean corvettes, to give a much needed boost to the CCP Boyz of Beijing who are hamstrung by the USNavy in the South China Sea where the Boy klutzes have got themselves in too deep.

The CCP Boyz are immobilised by the US reaction to the building of artificial islands so somebody somewhere has to do something to provide some sort of answer to the USNavy, which means Putin is it and his little flyby is exactly that, i.e., the supercarrier Ronald Reagan swatting Russian flies to scare away the dung and the ping that attracted them in the first place.

I would love to be able to see it your way but I simply do not. I want stability for all the obvious reasons.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." -- Demosthenes

Edited by Pakboong

Anways...these fly bys are par for the course. Anyone that has been on a navy ship has seen his share of fly by's and ship encounters.

old hat. Reminds me of a move ..top gun.

Russia (and the usa) have always tested the capabilities of pilots. I remember seeing a classified book that contained names, addresses, photos of family..etc...of russian pilots. I am sure they have the same.

This being 45 years ago.

Edited by slipperylobster

err, why are Russian fighters buzzing an American warship,

off the Korean peninsula?

Just does not make sense.

The USS Ronald Reagan is one badass MF.

There would be at least one SSBN in that area.

And a lurking hunter/killer.

BTW 'close" means 12 miles, perhaps 15.

That warship could easily take out those fighters,

at 50 miles.

There is an EWACS overhead.

The Russians can't frack with the USA.

Especially that far from a base.

Yeah, we sent up the "old" fighters.

Not those YF-22's. (really badass fighters)

Again, why are Russian fighters buzzing an American warship,

off the Korean peninsula?

South China Sea and the CCP Boyz in Beijing more than anything else, although Putin's recent blatant support of North Korea is a factor given South Korean naval corvettes were a part of the joint Naval exercise led by the supercarrier Ronald Reagan strike group.

The CCP Boyz in Beijing are hamstrung, befuddled, impotent in the face of the USS Lassen patrolling inside the 12 nm area of Subic Reef where the Boyz are building airfields and have PLAs crawling all over it. So the Boyz pulled their string attached to Putin in the Kremlin and Russian bombers took to the air.

It's not difficult to figure out in these cat and mouse games of dictators vs democracies and of international law vs international outlaws.

It's a good question that has a definite and clear answer.

Here is an analysis of Putin that is one of the best and perhaps the most insightful, written by Thomas Nichols, Ph.D. and Professor in the National Security Division of the US Naval War College (Newport, R.I.)

Russia’s Leader Is Neither A Realist Nor A Nationalist

To understand Vladimir Putin’s wars, the key is to understand the final two decades of the Soviet Union, not the first two decades of the new Russia.

The Kremlin’s foreign policy at this point violates almost every rule of competent strategy, to say nothing of common sense. From the injunction to avoid the needless multiplication of enemies to the danger of letting emotion overcome policy, Putin has trampled all over “realist” expectations.

America is being drawn into a European [and Middle East]conflict only because Putin is too stupid to know enough to keep us out of it, despite every indication from the White House that we want nothing to do with any of this. If this is Russian “realism,” it’s the dumbest realism in modern history.

http://thefederalist.com/2014/09/02/russias-leader-is-neither-a-realist-nor-a-nationalist/

Putin is no doubt sending his warplanes to shadow a US aircraft carrier and other warships together on maneuvers, to include South Korean corvettes, to give a much needed boost to the CCP Boyz of Beijing who are hamstrung by the USNavy in the South China Sea where the Boy klutzes have got themselves in too deep.

The CCP Boyz are immobilised by the US reaction to the building of artificial islands so somebody somewhere has to do something to provide some sort of answer to the USNavy, which means Putin is it and his little flyby is exactly that, i.e., the supercarrier Ronald Reagan swatting Russian flies to scare away the dung and the ping that attracted them in the first place.

I would love to be able to see it your way but I simply do not. I want stability for all the obvious reasons.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." -- Demosthenes

That would then be true of everyone and anyone to include conversely those dupes who do not want to believe that which they don't want to believe, in this instance concerning Putin and his tsar and comrade commissar complex.

You'd mentioned btw you serve or served in the military but I have to apologise that at this point I can't remember which one. This poster who does not come from a career military family was nonetheless in the United States Army. Which means I served on the same side as my genetic forbearers did during their military duty, i.e., for the same country.

Have a nice day btw supporting Russian planes buzzing US aircraft carriers and the warships of a treaty allied nation the ROK together on naval exercises. This kind of thing is of course nothing new but who's doing what to whom has a direct bearing on one's attitude towards it, always considering time, place, circumstance. How any of Putin's bombers buzzing the US and ROK navies promotes or encourages "stability" remains a glaringly contradictory issue.

The bottom line is Putin's bombers doing this buzzing is an escalation against a normal and routine activity between two allied countries' navies operating in international waters.

Putin acts out of weakness and not strength. These actions are an attempt to keep up the nationalistic spirit in Russia, which is what (along with stolen elections and corruption) keep him in power. We also sometimes do the same when we bombed Libya for example in the 1980s with evidence that the Iranians and Hezbollah were actually who we should have gone after. Every right wing wacko was cheering as we killed some innocent (at least innocent of our accusations at the time) people. Nationalism is a funny thing, it can bring a country together in a crisis or can be used to limit citizen's choices and rights. It all depends on how you use it.

God make the World ..and rested.for 7 days.

God make Men ...and rested for 7 years.

God Make Women..and....never God, Men, and the World rested....

Relax.

Nothing really bad will happen until the US have a woman Commander in Chief......but.... that may happens soon.

A woman or a Republican,....!!?!?!?

Hillary Clinton...unfortunately.