Thai driving licence rules change hits overseas travellers

Krataiboy

Just a catch up for you all My new UK licence arrived at my mother's house yesterday after a 4 days wait. Who says the DVLA is <deleted> ?

I applied for a change of address and photo, I could not supply a photo, so took the option of providing my passport number and they extracted the photo from that to use on the card.

There we go then, ok for another 10 years now.

I did get an email form the DVLA regarding a query I made with them, and was told that I would have to be a resident in the UK to get my renewal, obviously this has not been the case, though I could be in deep do do"s if it were ever discovered that my xmas visit is only a holiday and not a long term return to the UK.

Who knows, I may stay or I may come back , that is my perogative and should not be a determining factor in my eligiblity to renew something I paid for and passed previously.

Anyway Thanks again chaps.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a catch up for you all My new UK licence arrived at my mother's house yesterday after a 4 days wait. Who says the DVLA is <deleted> ?

I applied for a change of address and photo, I could not supply a photo, so took the option of providing my passport number and they extracted the photo from that to use on the card.

There we go then, ok for another 10 years now.

I did get an email form the DVLA regarding a query I made with them, and was told that I would have to be a resident in the UK to get my renewal, obviously this has not been the case, though I could be in deep do do"s if it were ever discovered that my xmas visit is only a holiday and not a long term return to the UK.

Who knows, I may stay or I may come back , that is my perogative and should not be a determining factor in my eligiblity to renew something I paid for and passed previously.

Anyway Thanks again chaps.

They are quite efficient, I have made a couple of changes in the last few years. Going to be a little more difficult next time though when my licence expires in about 20 months.

Archived