People leaving their wet laundry in public use washing machines

Bangkokbaby

OK so I'm still quite new here. I have recently moved into an apartment which has predominantly Thai residents (only one or two farangs) and they only have two public use washing machines onsite. There's been a few times when there has been one machine available and the other has finished its cycle, but the wet clothes are still in there. So, I put my clothes on a one hour cycle, come back an hour later to collect my clean clothes and the same wet laundry remains in the other machine. Not a problem for me because I was able to do my laundry, but there could have been some other person wanting to their laundry within that hour. Today both machines had finished their cycle and the wet laundry remained in them. So, I went to get some food and returned about 45 minutes later. I waited another 10-15 minutes then thought "sod it" and took the clothes out of one machine and put my clothes on a cycle.

So, is this normal for people to leave their wet clothes in machines for long periods of time with no regards for other people? And was it OK for me to take out the other person's clothes so that I could do my own laundry?

Not the most exciting topic, but I'm just curious.

In the past, I have had no hesitations removing someone's clothes and neatly setting them aside to utilise the machine myself. I've been told it's rude, but I personally feels it's more discourteous by wasting a shared resource and don't lose sleep over what I've done.

They probably put the washing in machine before going to work then take it out when returning home

if they left a basket I would put their washed clothes in it to free up the machine.

But better still I'd get my own washing machine.

This is a Worldwide problem!! There are hundreds of threads like this on a couple of Swiss Fora i use!!

I had one nasty neighbour who would actually dump the clean stuff on the floor and then ring my doorbell and run away!! Just because the machine had stopped five minutes before. That was me learned!!

Edited by Patsycat

While my washing machine was being fixed I used the communal laundry downstairs at my Condo.

I thought nothing of taking out someone else's washed & Wet laundry and placing it in the basket left there.

I very much doubt the person who's laundry it was thought much about it either.

With every day life there are sometimes minor issues, this isn't one of them.

Think they would leave their money in the ATM dispensers? biggrin.png

It's been known to happen. Once I found 4,000 baht in an ATM. It took half a day and a 10 km drive to return the money. Bank even asked me to pay 10 baht to deposit the money. They got it but I only deposited 3,990.

Never again.

When I find wet washing in the machine, I just tell my wife "sure daaling I will hang the washing on the line".

Never had a ploblem with that.

Suradit likes this post????

What can I do about that?

I already "ignore" Suradit, how can I ignore his likes too?

And don't tell me that Suradit has grown a sense of humour. That would be trolling!

Well I went back to collect my laundry and their clothes were still in the basket where I'd put them lol.

Thanks for keeping us posted ;-)

Thats a relief! Happy you did not leave us "hanging".

I was also holding my breath...could not wait for the outcome.

Edited by slipperylobster