Fake Policemen Caught For Fleecing Foreigners

Jai Dee

Fake Policemen Caught for Fleecing

The Immigration Bureau of Thailand captured fake policemen who were extorting foreigners. However, the suspects denied all charges.

The Commander of the Immigration Bureau, Police Lt. Gen. Suwat Thamrongsrikul (สุวัฒน์ ธำรงศรีสกุล), said his bureau has arrested Mr. Ali Ngamsomchart (อาลี งามสมชาติ), a 24-year-old Thai national, and two Burmese suspects identified as Mr. Nosit Ahmed (โนสิต อาเหม็ด), 27, and Mr. En (เอ็น) , 24. The officials have confiscated two mobile phones and a walkie-talkie from the suspects.

The threesome have been charged with extortion and feigning themselves to be police officers. The bureau was investigating this case and finally caught the suspects around the end of an alley in Suan Son Village, Saphansoong in Bangkapi District. Mr. Ali claimed that he was a mole working for the Crime Suppression Division and denied the fleecing charge.

Meanwhile, the other suspects said that they were a roti vendor and had a fight with a group of Burmese aliens over the working place, so they asked Mr. Ali to compromise the situation. Both of them had nothing to do with the fleecing activities. However, the Burmese victims told the officers that Mr. Ali threatened and fleeced them for 30,000 baht. They alleged that Mr. Ali would beat them if they refused to give him the money.

The bureau commander said further that he has been trying to find if there are other policemen who may be involved in this case. If the investigation proved to be true, they will be charged too.

Mr. Ali has a history of frequently fleecing illegal aliens in Nonthaburi, Pathumthani, and Pattaya as well as providing boys for foreign teachers around Ram Kham Hang area.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 03 October 2006

The Commander of the Immigration Bureau, Police Lt. Gen. Suwat Thamrongsrikul said his bureau

The General certainly is taking a long time to get over to the inactive post he's been assigned to. Are there that many cronies of Thaksin that they don't have enough desks available over at the Ministry of Inactive Posts?

Mr. Ali has a history of frequently fleecing illegal aliens in Nonthaburi, Pathumthani, and Pattay, as well as providing boys for foreign teachers around Ram Kham Hang area.

[\quote]

What on earth does this last bit mean?! Does he seek out unwilling students and force them to learn advanced English grammar with these wily foreign teachers?? Or is it a general comment that foreign teachers are all pedophiles?

Simon

One of them tried it on me last week at the toll booth. I insisted he give me my 400 baht ticket and that he kept my driving licence. It's fun to waste their tea money collecting time.

May I add sir that you were pretty lame pretending to walk away to talk with a superior when all you did for a minute or two was to stand away from my truck where I could still see you through the tinted windows. :D Maybe next time I will ask to talk twith your superior and ask why your boots are so shiny but haven't shaved for days and still haven't got rid of that pot belly that is suppoed to have landed you behind a desk following last year's orders. :o