English - German Translator

eljeque

Please PM me if you are interested in translating my book rom English to German. It is 350 pages in paperback size.

If just for personal usage there are translating softwares, but the thranslation is often complete bs.

"log onto www.babelfish.altavista.com There you can translate page by page if you copy and paste, or just the words that you do not know"

please make my day and tell me one more joke like this one. i have hardly ever heard a more silly advice!

"log onto www.babelfish.altavista.com There you can translate page by page if you copy and paste, or just the words that you do not know"

please make my day and tell me one more joke like this one. i have hardly ever heard a more silly advice!

Well, it pretty much equates to Lampard's level of English! :o

Just kidding, Lampard. Nice suggestion, but the translations that come from these sites or even good software is quite ridiculous - one of the reasons being that many words can have different meanings and once you get into using different tenses within the one sentence the whole thing goes down the gurgle.

You are right about the word-by-word translation, it is quite useful.

if you just want to translate it yourself, or just want to know what it's about, log onto www.babelfish.altavista.com There you can translate page by page if you copy and paste, or just the words that you do not know.

I'd like to second that - whoever is able to speak 2 or more european languages can have a good laugh when checking the translations of babelfish with whole sentences. If you have to rely on the result and you don't speak that second language a bit, it's pretty useless.

You can increase your posts tremendously when posting the book sentence by sentence and ask the present german forum members for their best translation... :o

KY

What kind of specific knowledge does the book deal with, i.e. IT, Engineering etc . . .

It is the life story of a 13-year old runaway who gets involved int eh sex-tourist industry before making her way to Switzerland, Germany, Sweden and England.

No reply from eljeque . . . what gives?

I have been PMing everyone as thought that they would want to keep it private. Is that not appropriate in the forum? Should I be responding in the forum?

Apologies, yes it is appropriate (though I didn't receive one), howevere and update here might be a good idea.

No reply from eljeque . . . what gives?

I have been PMing everyone as thought that they would want to keep it private. Is that not appropriate in the forum? Should I be responding in the forum?

Apologies, yes it is appropriate (though I didn't receive one), howevere and update here might be a good idea.

I want to thank everyone for their efforts and information.