Many Thai sex workers say they are happy in their jobs

webfact

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What B.S. , talks to 20 and come es to this conclusion. What a rag of a publication to call this writer a reporter.

How many have you spoken to?

I came here 35 years ago and with over 2000 Thai women's company, most with good hearts and the others but their story is the same but have been bullshitted to believe working in clubs makes more $$$. They not happy, don't trust, caution and fake LOVE because they never had a normal relationship. Oh!, yes I enjoyed their company and treated them with respect always.

I guess all the pro prostitution crowd wouldn't have no problem seeing their own daughters flatbacking so she could bring her dear ol dad a few lager on a

fri. eve.

Gee, you really are keen to get a bite aren't you ?

I guess all the pro prostitution crowd wouldn't have no problem seeing their own daughters flatbacking so she could bring her dear ol dad a few lager on a

fri. eve.

I'm pro-Burger King and enjoy an occasional Whopper but would hope my child doesn't end up working there.

so being a sex worker is not a prostitute right?...because prostitution is illegal in Thailand

Being a bargirl isn't illegal in Thailand as long as she's at least 18, nor is paying for sex.

The losers who don't have sex unless they buy it love this kind of crap. It lets them off the hook of being involved in destroying the soul of another human for the exchange of cash.

If you aren't in her first 100 customers, I doubt you would be responsible for any damage.

PS

I'm 60+, how would you suggest I have sex without paying for it?

Talk to the hand!

What B.S. , talks to 20 and comes to this conclusion. What a rag of a publication to call this writer a reporter.

Its amazing how many girls do look like they are having the time of thier lives in the bar. Now once they are in the room with a 300lb smelly balding diaper wearing farang-WHO knows?

Yes, that would wipe the smile off their face.

I found that out many years ago when I owned a large factory in central BKK and occasionally offered the

lasses I have befriended at the usual places a proper job with good salary and benefits and a chance to

learn a craft, I was turned down every time and was told that they're not interested in the meager salary

I have offered while they were making 10 time the amount laying on their back, sleeping all day and dancing

at night with their buddies... come to show you that the adage that say you can take the bar girl from the

bar but you can't take the bar out of the bar girl....

Which would tend to supports the OPs finding in his article.

fri. eve.

I'm pro-Burger King and enjoy an occasional Whopper but would hope my child doesn't end up working there.

so being a sex worker is not a prostitute right?...because prostitution is illegal in Thailand

Being a bargirl isn't illegal in Thailand as long as she's at least 18, nor is paying for sex.

Yes..understand ..but I was referring to the headline ..."sex workers"...not bar girl

I read one time most people have to retrain 3 times in their lifetime for different jobs.few people keep the same job for their lifetime. So these girls can make good cash buy a house paid for before 30 and be way ahead of the average american who has to pay for a house for 30 years. then they can work as hotel workers and make beds or work in a restaurant or factory or back to the farm.Like any where in the world once the house is paid for life gets simple. they should be happy 10 years of party and semi retire.

10 years of party?

I can't imagine it's much of a party. Still, I guess you guys have to kid yourselves that they enjoy it.

Not everyone at a party enjoys a party either. Also many people donot enjoy their jobs. But these girls are in a party atmosphere during their career I think we cannot dispute that. I have worked with many people outside the industry who hated their jobs. Not liking what you do isnot solely a sex workers problem. People work for a means to an end. The sex worker can have a house in 10 years and then be a maid. A maid works all her life and will never have one. Menial labour will always be there but youth and fortune erodes.

Well when your on your knees and back getting pumped by anyone that pays. I suppose it tells you the person that they are inside

They all have a story lol... Truth is it's a 3,rd world country and they think there in USA asking big bucks. There worth 40 % of what they want

Dreamers

The "Bar" part of it would imply 20y, wouldn't it? Legal drinking age around here.

The "Bar" part of it would imply 20y, wouldn't it? Legal drinking age around here.

For customers. The bargirls under 20 just drink soda...

however, who dare to sell her body and accept this kind of activities to sell her honor,,

nothing left after losing the dignity,

Worth mentioning is that many have at least partially been cured of Thainess and as hence honor and dignity are funny, ancient and irrelevant concepts. A house, a car, fat bank account and a fast lane pass to snagging a farang and securing old age livelihood however are tangibles.

The good old better to cry in a Jaguar than in a bus.

The losers who don't have sex unless they buy it love this kind of crap. It lets them off the hook of being involved in destroying the soul of another human for the exchange of cash. Of course, to save face, some bargirls are going to say they like laying down with drunk obnoxious foreigners. In reality they're laughing at all the fools and praying that karma awards them the next time around for having to do this to support their families.

Did we get refused last time we were out?

...in certain primitive minds....a definite 'boon'....

...just lay back...recite 'a script'....get paid....repeat....

...pathetic when you think of it....

...but that is the level unfortunately.....

...and we trip over ourselves to want to believe we even have a connection with some of them....

....the illusory marriage is another phenomenon of the same thing....it just gets uglier when she wants rid of 'him'.....

....hard to even conceptualize that the average I.Q. of Thai students not long ago was just 90...

...some of us want so much to believe 'we have found something that transcends race, etc'....

....just another <deleted>....looking to 'better' her living situation....and her retirement down the line...

For a sex worker, whore.. how long can be on demand? not over than the mid of her 30s she will be abandoned,,

however, who dare to sell her body and accept this kind of activities to sell her honor,,

I keep hearing these derogatory terms that girls are given. Nobody calls a man a whore. Basically, a man can have sex, but because his money is taken, and not received, his part in the matter carries no stigma. His buddies just slap him on the back, and all is well. The lady is the whore...what is the man?

Give me a frigging break...it is not the middle ages. Girls go out and have sex the same that guys do. If they sell it...or give it free...what difference is it to you?

Bright lights big city. mini-bars and shopping sprees. or being sent to another country and turned into a slave are two very diffrent things. Apples and oranges. For the majority working in Go-Go bars, given the option of working at a factory or living in a village..... The bar wins.

For a sex worker, whore.. how long can be on demand? not over than the mid of her 30s she will be abandoned,,

I keep hearing these derogatory terms that girls are given. Nobody calls a man a whore. Basically, a man can have sex, but because his money is taken, and not received, his part in the matter carries no stigma. His buddies just slap him on the back, and all is well. The lady is the whore...what is the man?

Give me a frigging break...it is not the middle ages. Girls go out and have sex the same that guys do. If they sell it...or give it free...what difference is it to you?

I really feel for you if you can't figure out the difference between a girl that likes you enough to have sex with you or a girl that only wants you when you pay her.

It's funny - we hear day after day on this forum how the whole 'Land of smiles' thing is a lie, how the Thai people dislike us really, hate having to serve us, don't want us in their country, insult us behind our backs etc. But as soon as anyone suggests that those who work in the sex industry might not be as happy as they seem, all of a sudden the Thais are the friendliest, most fun-loving people in the world.

It must take a fair bit of delusion to maintain the lifestyles some of you lead.

Quite frankly, I don't give a Da_mn what my servants and employees think of me.

If they don't like doing what I tell 'em, they can go and work for someone else.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

Approx 60% of the Thai ladies I've met outside Thailand, married to farangs, were sex workers, who initially met their spouses as clients.

The vast majority of these women IME chased sex with other men after marriage. No longer for money, but for fun, the ones they fancied, younger etc.

The 40% who weren't sex workers usually didn't. Maybe just the odd one or two.

In one country we lived in there was a group of ex bar girl / gogo girls who regularly went out together "on the pull". I saw some of them out often at the club I worked. They were quite open - complained their husbands were old, out of condition, only interested in playing golf, traveled all the time for work etc etc. Most had one or two children. On different occasions three made it very clear they were available, should I wish. They were all "in competition" seeing who they could and couldn't pull.

I have no idea if they were like this originally or if sex work made them so.

Its amazing how many girls do look like they are having the time of thier lives in the bar. Now once they are in the room with a 300lb smelly balding diaper wearing farang-WHO knows?

Yes, that would wipe the smile off their face.

I can assure you it doesn't, they keep on smiling ........

What does your wife say?
She agrees with them, obviously.

Anyway, those who claim it's an easy job should give it a go for a week and see what they think then...

How would you know, as you always claim you never have visited this kind of places.

How would I know what?

From your previous comment it is clear that you don't consider it an easy job, since you challenge all those who claim it to be an easy job to take it up.

And how would having been a punter give me any deeper insight into what it's like to do the job?

I don't know what it's like. Neither do you. However, it doesn't take much imagination to guess that servicing the sexual rejects of the west on a nightly basis isn't much fun.

Sufficient alcohol makes everything fun. Don't you think?