Many Thai sex workers say they are happy in their jobs

webfact

What does your wife say?
She agrees with them, obviously.

Anyway, those who claim it's an easy job should give it a go for a week and see what they think then...

How would you know, as you always claim you never have visited this kind of places.

How would I know what?

From your previous comment it is clear that you don't consider it an easy job, since you challenge all those who claim it to be an easy job to take it up.

And how would having been a punter give me any deeper insight into what it's like to do the job?

I don't know what it's like. Neither do you. However, it doesn't take much imagination to guess that servicing the sexual rejects of the west on a nightly basis isn't much fun.

Sufficient alcohol makes everything fun. Don't you think?

Not really, no.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well when your on your knees and back getting pumped by anyone that pays. I suppose it tells you the person that they are inside

They all have a story lol... Truth is it's a 3,rd world country and they think there in USA asking big bucks. There worth 40 % of what they want

Dreamers

Actually the first line tells us more about the contributor inside than any of the girls.

The losers who don't have sex unless they buy it love this kind of crap. It lets them off the hook of being involved in destroying the soul of another human for the exchange of cash. Of course, to save face, some bargirls are going to say they like laying down with drunk obnoxious foreigners. In reality they're laughing at all the fools and praying that karma awards them the next time around for having to do this to support their families.

Wow ole CC are you from this planet. I hope you do not reside in Thailand. I have had affairs with some of these ladies for a day, a week, a month, and many months and the lady I have now I have been with for over nine years, and not one of them ever complained about their souls being destroyed. I can just imagine how things are with you, but will not elaborate, I will not even say who you are, what you are or how you got to be such a knowledgeable soul regarding girls who do sex work for a living. By the way I have never met a Thai girl who thought of herself as a prostitute or that what she is doing is all that bad. You on the other hand should go for some karma to clear your mind of all the crap in it.

What B.S. , talks to 20 and comes to this conclusion. What a rag of a publication to call this writer a reporter.

I dont think its BS, i think the writer is spot on with what he says, Most of the bar girls i know call it work, and enjoy all the benefits it brings no different to that of someone in the UK on the game, i only think that over time they enjoy it and it is a status and power thing now with most of the bar girls, yet 20 years ago it was a different thing, it has all changed dramatically over the last 10 years, so i would have to agree with what most of the writer says is true, why what is your take on it.

I can remember when "Thai wives" were go go dancers or bar girls who when their boyfriends came from overseas they took a holiday from their work and went with their bf till he went home. The guys knew where they worked but the girls were good to them when they were in Thailand. Some of the guys later married the women and moved to Thailand. Back then though most bargirls didnot drink or smoke it was a job. Lots didnot even like cigarette smoke. They would take their bf home to their farms to meet the family and no problem. No long term barfine either.

These women saw it as a job and treated it as such. They did it and were happy women. Now do not know the new mind set.

I can remember when "Thai wives" were go go dancers or bar girls who when their boyfriends came from overseas they took a holiday from their work and went with their bf till he went home. The guys knew where they worked but the girls were good to them when they were in Thailand. Some of the guys later married the women and moved to Thailand. Back then though most bargirls didnot drink or smoke it was a job. Lots didnot even like cigarette smoke. They would take their bf home to their farms to meet the family and no problem. No long term barfine either.

These women saw it as a job and treated it as such. They did it and were happy women. Now do not know the new mind set.

Intriguing. Perhaps they've adopted a more predatory approach to it. That's what happened in the West a couple of decades ago. What followed was outright militant feminism. If I were to find my crystal ball somewhere, I'd scrub it and see how the last abundant natural resource of Thailand, it's women, will become sour and it'll truly be the final nail in the proverbial coffin. After all, they are the #1 quality export of Thailand.

What B.S. , talks to 20 and comes to this conclusion. What a rag of a publication to call this writer a reporter.

Well in 23 years here, I've talked to hundreds. The VAST majority of them enjoy their jobs as well as the money. They were not forced to go with people they did not like, nor were they slaves or trafficked. Most were recruited by friends or family members who were living it up in BKK, Pattaya, Phuket...while they were struggling to eat in E-sarn. Working 10 hours a day...6 days a week...for ß9,000-15,000/month is unappealing, while partying all night with friends and people from all over the world for 10 times the money and a fraction of work is tough to beat.

Just sayin'...coffee1.gif

This thread has a lot of examples of what I refer to as " Western values evaluating Asian culture".

These girls are not "selling their souls", they are just selling their time.

In my home countries, most women who have sex for money are drug addicts who are not fit for any other work and have no choice...it is sad.

Here it is a viable career choice and a girl who is wise and careful can do well.

Unlike the west, here family and friends know how they earn their income and do not look down on them for it...it is a job,

they are providing a service for an income.

They are not doing it just to pay for their next drug fix.

If she is wise enough to be careful to protect herself from STDs and abusive men, she is pretty safe.

I can see that if you are young and into partying with friends, it can be a very enjoyable life style.

If they wisely manage and invest the money they earn, they can provided a much better life and future for themselves and their family than they could ever do working on a farm or in a factory.

I know girls ( not as a customer, but as a friend ) who have purchased houses, farms, trucks and tractors for their families and are looking at a pretty decent life when they get older.

And..they only work a few months per year.

This is Thailand, not New York or L.A. and there is a huge difference.

For a sex worker, whore.. how long can be on demand? not over than the mid of her 30s she will be abandoned,,

however, who dare to sell her body and accept this kind of activities to sell her honor,,

nothing left after losing the dignity,

I keep hearing these derogatory terms that girls are given. Nobody calls a man a whore. Basically, a man can have sex, but because his money is taken, and not received, his part in the matter carries no stigma. His buddies just slap him on the back, and all is well. The lady is the whore...what is the man?

Give me a frigging break...it is not the middle ages. Girls go out and have sex the same that guys do. If they sell it...or give it free...what difference is it to you?

I really feel for you if you can't figure out the difference between a girl that likes you enough to have sex with you or a girl that only wants you when you pay her.

I really feel for you, if you can't figure out the difference between a man who likes a girl enough to have sex with her....or one who pays a girl to have sex, without particularly liking them.

Point is...it works both ways. We are talking about sex workers, jeesh! Do you really expect them to actually like you .... just because you paid to get laid? wow. I think you are confusing a real relationship with a girlfriend, when actually, we are talking about sex workers.

My point is...when a guy wants to buy sex, and the girl wants to sell it...what is the difference? Which one is bad? Just label the girl a "whore" and the man walks.

Never mentioned anything about either one liking each other...which is kind of silly....in this scenario. Perhaps you are frustrated that the girl takes your money and doesn't like you? Why would she? She just had a good laugh.

Edited by slipperylobster

This thread has a lot of examples of what I refer to as " Western values evaluating Asian culture".

In my home countries, most women who have sex for money are drug addicts who are not fit for any other work and have no choice...it is sad.

Here it is a viable career choice and a girl who is wise and careful can do well.

Unlike the west, here family and friends know how they earn their income and do not look down on them for it...it is a job,

If she is wise enough to be careful to protect herself from STDs and abusive men, she is pretty safe.

I can see that if you are young and into partying with friends, it can be a very enjoyable life style.

If they wisely manage and invest the money they earn, they can provided a much better life and future for themselves and their family than they could ever do working on a farm or in a factory.

I know girls ( not as a customer, but as a friend ) who have purchased houses, farms, trucks and tractors for their families and are looking at a pretty decent life when they get older.

Thai girls are different. A refrain commonly heard from those justifying behaviour they wouldn't indulge in back home.

Some of these girls will have 3 or 4 farangs on the go, who fly back to Europe or wherever but who continue to send the girl anywhere between about 10k-40k per month.

I bet some of these girls make 100k per month.

No wonder they are happy.

Don't forget it is the money these girls bring in that is pretty much bank rolling most of Isaan.

40K thats more than someone with a university degree would earn.

Seriously? You think someone with a University degree only earns 790 quid or US$ 1100 a month?

Perhaps you didn't realise that most people when referring to amounts in Thailand are expressing them in Baht per month.

10K-40K Baht per month is very normal for someone to send their bargirl girlfriend (well normal if the bloke is a complete and utter <deleted>*king moron that is, which of course the almost all are).

For a sex worker, whore.. how long can be on demand? not over than the mid of her 30s she will be abandoned,,

however, who dare to sell her body and accept this kind of activities to sell her honor,,

nothing left after losing the dignity,

I keep hearing these derogatory terms that girls are given. Nobody calls a man a whore. Basically, a man can have sex, but because his money is taken, and not received, his part in the matter carries no stigma. His buddies just slap him on the back, and all is well. The lady is the whore...what is the man?

Give me a frigging break...it is not the middle ages. Girls go out and have sex the same that guys do. If they sell it...or give it free...what difference is it to you?

I really feel for you if you can't figure out the difference between a girl that likes you enough to have sex with you or a girl that only wants you when you pay her.

I really feel for you, if you can't figure out the difference between a man who likes a girl enough to have sex with her....or one who pays a girl to have sex, without particularly liking them.

Point is...it works both ways. We are talking about sex workers, jeesh! Do you really expect them to actually like you .... just because you paid to get laid? wow. I think you are confusing a real relationship with a girlfriend, when actually, we are talking about sex workers.

My point is...when a guy wants to buy sex, and the girl wants to sell it...what is the difference? Which one is bad? Just label the girl a "whore" and the man walks.

Never mentioned anything about either one liking each other...which is kind of silly....in this scenario. Perhaps you are frustrated that the girl takes your money and doesn't like you? Why would she? She just had a good laugh.

Well yes, I do expect the women I have sex with to really like me. I also want her to be attracted to me, just as I am to her. Sex without passion is a big turn off, you could as well buy an inflatable doll. And of course there's no one bad in a paid encounter. Just not my cup of tea. I like real sex, not surrogacy.

Edited by SoilSpoil

Thai girls are different. A refrain commonly heard from those justifying behaviour they wouldn't indulge in back home.

Having indulged back home, I can assure you that Thai prostitutes are different!

Well yes, I do expect the women I have sex with to really like me. I also want her to be attracted to me, just as I am to her. Sex without passion is a big turn off, you could as well buy an inflatable doll. And of course there's no one bad in a paid encounter. Just not my cup of tea. I like real sex, not surrogacy.

Yep. I imagine many men are the same.

However, round here you'll just be accused of being gay or a religious freak - or just a liar. Such is the warped world-view of the sexpat.

Having indulged back home, I can assure you that Thai prostitutes are different!

I assume the ones back home won't clip your nose hairs or hold your hand in a shopping mall.

The reality is this: no girl from a well-off family in Thailand ends up a prostitute. No young girl dreams of being a hooker when she grows up.

Actually you are wrong. I know many girls in Pattaya that have university degrees and are from well off families AND choose to be prostitutes in addition to their regular day jobs.

I assume the ones back home won't clip your nose hairs or hold your hand in a shopping mall.

You'd be surprised. Most prostitutes will do anything for a price!

Really? I've heard those tales from the 60's about clipping nails and such, but nose hairs? That's premium service, man!

Take a stroll down Nana. You'll see things you can't unsee.

The reality is this: no girl from a well-off family in Thailand ends up a prostitute. No young girl dreams of being a hooker when she grows up.

Actually you are wrong. I know many girls in Pattaya that have university degrees and are from well off families AND choose to be prostitutes in addition to their regular day jobs.

From what I've seen the well-offs get pimped to suitable families, in the age old Sino-Thai way. I guess you mean the burgeoning middle class. They freelance on holidays and when in need of a new handbag or whatever. Quite popular in the West as well.

Really? I've heard those tales from the 60's about clipping nails and such, but nose hairs? That's premium service, man!

Take a stroll down Nana. You'll see things you can't unsee.

Weren't I married, I'd go for a trim right now. It bugs me when they get in between the teeth.

I read one time most people have to retrain 3 times in their lifetime for different jobs.few people keep the same job for their lifetime. So these girls can make good cash buy a house paid for before 30 and be way ahead of the average american who has to pay for a house for 30 years. then they can work as hotel workers and make beds or work in a restaurant or factory or back to the farm.Like any where in the world once the house is paid for life gets simple. they should be happy 10 years of party and semi retire.

10 years of party?

I can't imagine it's much of a party. Still, I guess you guys have to kid yourselves that they enjoy it.

He is right. 10 years of party. Maybe you are thinking about the bars, but in the discos it is a different scene. I walk in and chicks invite me over to drink their 3000 baht bottle of Remy with them. And they are not doing this every blue moon; these chicks are there every damn night. I have seen the remittance that guys send these girls. I have been there when the guys finally wised up and stopped sending money. It may be one job, but there are many facets and angles of attack to it. My first time in Thailand was 10 years ago and yes there are still chicks who I knew from back then that are in the party. I have even seen some get married, move to USA or Europe, break up, and show right back up at the discos because they miss that life.

sorry..... sex workers are not really into liking you.

They don't like me either......

Thats why I don't utilize them. I focus on girls who are not sex workers...for that sort of thing. As, I hope, you are doing.

The whole point...for the finality here...is the labeling "whore"...just because they won't like you. Again...Not talking about relationships here....go to dear abbey for that. This thread only pertains to sex workers. No matter how much we write about them....they will not be liking you overly much.

The losers who don't have sex unless they buy it love this kind of crap. It lets them off the hook of being involved in destroying the soul of another human for the exchange of cash.

If you aren't in her first 100 customers, I doubt you would be responsible for any damage.

PS

I'm 60+, how would you suggest I have sex without paying for it?

Who are you trying to kid? Every male pays for sex - it's just the currency of exchange which varies.