Thai Logic? Not in my life time

I have a condo I lease in Pattaya and when it comes time to pay the water and electric bill, it always seems to be a shit storm in the making.....?

Today was no different...get my bill and it says I used 194 units of water for the month. Last month it was 94 and the month before that 28. So I tell the lady I lease from that something is not right, maybe she is reading the meter wrong??. She looks at me like I just escaped from the mental ward and says, "Maybe you are using the microwave too much????" <deleted>??? She tells me not to worry, next month will be lower as the rate will drop to 9 baht a unit. I tell her when my lease is up I'll be moving out, can't stand the BS with the water, must be a leak in the pipes. She says, OK, up to you. Does not give a rip on way or the other, even though the condo complex is about 60 per cent full. I'm still laughing about the microwave comment, no logic what so ever...and pretty typical for the Thai folks I meet here in Pattaya on a daily basis...??

"194 units of water"

"Last month it was 94 and the month before that 28."

Do you know that ONE unit of water is a meter cube. Even 28 unit is a lot of water, with 94 unit you would easily fill a swiming pool!

Unless she is talking about electricity bill, you have been cheated from the begining, time for you to leave!

well...one man's meat is another man's poison...

here is not for me... I would not say that here is Paradise..

again, different people define the same word differently...

like what i read in other topic in this forum....

some guys enjoy it here sooooo much....cos the girls are cheap... I am not this type..

The same thing happened to me years ago. I thought electricity was very expensive for some reason...then I turned the circuit breaker off and left town for two months (during November and December no less). Only to find that my electricity bill had gone up!

Edited by BudRight

194 units of water for the month. Last month it was 94 and the month before that 28.

194 qm of water???: would be enough for the whole neighborhood that I can view from the balcony in our village

28 qm is still almost double of our consumption (three adults, one child).

This thread has nothing to do with Thai logic. It's about an anal retentive farang and his fed-up landlord. Why do some people have to be so melodramatic?

Must have pissed on your corn flakes....??

Where is the logic in thinking the microwave had anything to do with the high water bill???

"194 units of water"

Do you know that ONE unit of water is a meter cube. Even 28 unit is a lot of water, with 94 unit you would easily fill a swiming pool!

Unless she is talking about electricity bill, you have been cheated from the begining, time for you to leave!

Sadly, it was all about the water....?

The same thing happened to me years ago. I thought electricity was very expensive for some reason...then I turned the circuit breaker off and left town for two months (during November and December no less). Only to find that my electricity bill had gone up!

Please explain how you sorted that out. Must have been quite funny in hindsight but frustrating at the time.

haha... yea... happened not to me, but to my colleague who went back for 3 weeks.

when he came back his electricity bill is higher !!!

TIT !!!!! ( This Is Thailand !!! )

some guys enjoy it here sooooo much....cos the girls are cheap... I am not this type..

I think its a case of the 'grass is always greener' somewhere else, life is what you make it. I come from a cold and damp climate, I hate the cold, there is more to Thailand than "cheap girls" Here I can play golf nearly every day of the year if I so wish. No Thailand is not perfect, but neither is my homeland, and Europe is getting worse by the day. Each to his own I suppose, hope you find your paradise back in your own country.

"194 units of water"

194 cubic meter, or 194.000 liter....

Maybe you take shower too much cheesy.gif

This thread has nothing to do with Thai logic. It's about an anal retentive farang and his fed-up landlord. Why do some people have to be so melodramatic?

Must have pissed on your corn flakes....??

Where is the logic in thinking the microwave had anything to do with the high water bill???

You're talking about ONE PERSON. How does that translate to the other 60 million plus?

Thats remember me how i nearly got scammed a decade ago....

When i moved to Bkk, i wanted to rent a condo. The owner saw I was completely new here.

The owner claimed the condo didnt have a water meter. But he claimed i would spend as much in water than i would spend in electricity.

By example, if my electricity bill was 3000 baht, i should pay 3000 baht in water as well. A net total of 6000 baht.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Of course I declined his offer. i was new but not that stupidlaugh.png

@OP, if i was you, i would ask for a refund for all the previous months you have been cheated!!!

That is really common, at the last two places I was paying the water for all my neighbours until I found out. Always answer in the same way: First time I did not pay rent/electrical/water for 2 months until we moved and the second time only 1 month "free". Of course no deposit back. Since then I always bargain the deposit down - because it will be hard to get it, regardless if you rent from Thai, Chinese, American, French or Westerner.

"194 units of water"

I use the shower down by the pool on a daily basis...?

194 cubic meter, or 194.000 liter....

Maybe you take shower too much cheesy.gif

I think its a case of the 'grass is always greener' somewhere else, life is what you make it. I come from a cold and damp climate, I hate the cold, there is more to Thailand than "cheap girls" Here I can play golf nearly every day of the year if I so wish. No Thailand is not perfect, but neither is my homeland, and Europe is getting worse by the day. Each to his own I suppose, hope you find your paradise back in your own country.

My grass is greener because of all the water I've been using....NOT!!!!?

When i moved to Bkk, i wanted to rent a condo. The owner saw I was completely new here.

The owner claimed the condo didnt have a water meter. But he claimed i would spend as much in water than i would spend in electricity.

By example, if my electricity bill was 3000 baht, i should pay 3000 baht in water as well. A net total of 6000 baht.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

@OP, if i was you, i would ask for a refund for all the previous months you have been cheated!!!

I think the real shit storm will be when I ask for my deposit back....???

that will be for sure.

" oh, you cracked the wall"....: you damaged here...damaged there.....the bird poo on the roof...what a load of bull...

.just hope that you got no pets with you now.

you can say goodbye to your deposit or even worse pay 'compensation' to these Sca_ _ _ _ s....

Edited by tmaker

Today was no different...get my bill and it says I used 194 units of water for the month. Last month it was 94 and the month before that 28. So I tell the lady I lease from that something is not right, maybe she is reading the meter wrong??. She looks at me like I just escaped from the mental ward and says, "Maybe you are using the microwave too much????" <deleted>??? She tells me not to worry, next month will be lower as the rate will drop to 9 baht a unit.

Water from the water company costs around 35B/unit. The official rate for electricity is just over 4B/unit, though some businesses may pay more. So 9B/unit is probably not a water price. It is probably a (high) electricity price.

This may explain the comment about the microwave: it's your electricity bill.

Today was no different...get my bill and it says I used 194 units of water for the month. Last month it was 94 and the month before that 28. So I tell the lady I lease from that something is not right, maybe she is reading the meter wrong??. She looks at me like I just escaped from the mental ward and says, "Maybe you are using the microwave too much????" <deleted>??? She tells me not to worry, next month will be lower as the rate will drop to 9 baht a unit.

Water from the water company costs around 35B/unit. The official rate for electricity is just over 4B/unit, though some businesses may pay more. So 9B/unit is probably not a water price. It is probably a (high) electricity price.

This may explain the comment about the microwave: it's your electricity bill.

Nope, she made sure that I understood the rates....currently 10 baht per unit for water.?

that will be for sure.

" oh, you cracked the wall"....: you damaged here...damaged there.....the bird poo on the roof...what a load of bull...

.just hope that you got no pets with you now.

you can say goodbye to your deposit or even worse pay 'compensation' to these Sca_ _ _ _ s....

u

I took photos of the entire joint before I moved in....like that will make any difference.....just hope for the best and expect the worst....lol...?

Please explain how you sorted that out. Must have been quite funny in hindsight but frustrating at the time.

I paid it and moved.

Edited by BudRight