Dr Samarn: Beer gardens are against the law

webfact

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dr. Samarn's boss should ban him from any form of press release for life...Education credentials do not guarantee common sense...

Life doesn't come with any guarantee , but to do good. Common sense is far from common. TV posters are evidence of that fact.

Well, thanks so much for pointing this out, Dr Samarn Ftrakul and for putting your two cents in to to turn Thailand into a sorry shadow of what it once was: A fun place!

What would we (expats) and this country do without officious, nerdy and meticulous officials such as your very self... sick.gif

So they will also have to ban watching Everton football matches???? or will they have a team to pixelate all the players running around??

Could somebody inform this poor soul of what he is over looking here?

chang advertising,its in the fabric mate, its in the fabric.

The Office of Alcoholic Drinks Control Committee should further reductio ad absurdum:

- require all grocery stores that sell alcohol like Tesco and Big C to close off from public view their alcoholic sales sections. As it is now, minors can walk through these areas and be enticed by all the attractive displays, boxes, cans and bottles.

- require small stores like 7/11 and Tesco Espress to have alcoholic products hidden from public view. As it is now, minors can see alcoholic products dsiplayed behind the register and coolerswhere they can be enticed by all the attractive cans and bottles.

- ban displays of alcoholic products on vehicles that transport alcoholic products

- ban alcoholic product names from auto license plate trim

- ban display of clothing like T-shirts and hats that depict an alcoholic product in public

- ban alcoholic product names displayed in any public event like F1 racing, tennis and golf tournaments

- prevent the use of alcoholic product names in describing people in public such as "the heiress to the Singha business"

- conceal (brown bag cans and bottles?) alcoholic products when consumed in public places like resturaunts where minors might be present

Dr. Foutre au cul prefers us to drink water, from which more then 50 % coming out of vending machines is unsafe to drink.

Instead of annoying everyone and hiding behind an archaic law, better have the team checking the water vending machines... No? Oh yes of course, I understand Doctor, there is no monkey money to be made there....

They don't know there arse from their elbow!

This Junta regime headed by Prayut who is not the PM of Thailand because he was never elected and therefore not a government representative should really listen to their on crap speeches

He is the PM, whether you like it or not, elected or not.

I may be wrong, but my understanding is that the constitution includes provision for the military to assume control if things are going pear shaped for the government of the day. I suppose that assessment is made by the military leader/s??

"Everything's against the law theses days."

Some people are idiots. Idiots don't think. Therefore, responsible adults need to do their thinking for them..

You read TVF and don't understand this concept?

BTW, I looked up spaghetti straps and could find no Thai law prohibiting such.

But I did find a recipe for Thai Spaghetti Squash, mmmm.

Which you can't get in Thailand, 555

I am out of date. P lease tell me what is a beer garden. In my day, it was sitting in a garden or outdoors of a pub. In CM, the garden of the Irish Pub is that considered as a 'beer garden'?

Google is your friend. Allow me to demonstrate.

beergarden%2Bsoi%2B7%2Bsukhumvit%2Blaan%

7001333967_2e44826710.jpg

This thread is still going? Dr. Samarn said beer gardens are illegal, but that the excise department had the final say. The excise department then came out and said that they WERE legal. This was posted ages ago. TV used to close threads that had been resolved. What happened?

I am out of date. P lease tell me what is a beer garden. In my day, it was sitting in a garden or outdoors of a pub. In CM, the garden of the Irish Pub is that considered as a 'beer garden'?

Google is your friend. Allow me to demonstrate.

I would not count soi 7 bar as a beer garden personally. But thinking a bit more, i am finding it hard to think what a 'beer garden' would be. I would of thought, ourside drinking venues, but i suppose these are all rented premises with outside spaces, so i doubt these would count. In summary: No idea what constitutes a beer garden.

Soi 7 Bar should get that sign off sharpish.

I am out of date. P lease tell me what is a beer garden

As Jaywalker has illustrated with his photo of the Suk beer garden, it is a venue populated by the most hideous pay-for-sex wenches known to mankind, who spend their day leering at the male customers and recounting stories about their great grandchildren.

What about full moon parties

The way Thai officialdom thinks their answer would be to ban full moons.

Sorted.

They can ban everything aside from breathing and paying taxes. It makes them feel good for some sadistic reason.

The brown-nosers just HAVE TO tell other folks what to do.

An indoor Beer garden? Those are some pretty fancy picnic tables. Why, you might even say it looks like a bar, 555.

Although people have probably enjoyed fermented beverages outdoors since forever, the German 'Biergarten' took it to a higher elevation with the concept of "Gemütlichkeit"...

Gemütlichkeit describes a cozy space or state of warmth, friendliness and good cheer.

In America, a "German" beer garden will always be outside or under a tent, have picnic tables, food, games such as horseshoes, "corn hole", bocce, shuffleboard and usually country music.

Close them all down, the law is the law.

well does the law apply to the free flow Yabba at any one of the hip night clubs after 10 pm ? what about underage drinking ? it is strange you would say close them all down for breaking the law when you ignore all else . Bangkok is known the world over as the anything "goes" place where anything can be bought or sold including people. and you want to close the beer gardens during festivals ? the places where families gather to eat and have a few beers ? you my friend are what we in the west call a "sick puppy " .

The clock must have been wrong at a disco I went to in BK the other night, Im sure it said 3-30 in the morning when about five hundred people left.

Did I hear the word fachism?

Is 'fachism' the same as 'fascism'??

In German it is - nie wieder fachismus.

In Italian it is not - fascismo.

I am not sure who owns the copy right: The Italians who invented it, or the Germans that perfected it.

By the way, in this thread you are the second smart ass fachist / fascist grammar policeman making that remark.