Police deny soldiers link to lese-majeste

rooster59

Police deny soldiers link to lese-majeste

BANGKOK: Not a single soldier has been implicated in the high-profile lese-majeste case involving famous fortune teller Suriyan Sujaritpolwong, police have said.

"The investigation report is more than 90 per cent complete already, and not one soldier is named as a suspect," acting national police Deputy Commissioner Lt-General Srivara Rangsibrahmanakul said yesterday.

He was speaking in response to reports that dozens of commissioned military officers were involved in the case.

The case also involves Suriyan's secretary Jirawong Wattanathewasilp and Pol Major Prakrom Warunprapha.

Before his arrest, Suriyan, better known as Mor Yong, had served as an adviser to a subcommittee responsible for holding public relations activities for the "Bike for Mom" cycling event on August 16, as well as the "Bike for Dad" event scheduled for December 11.

Prakrom committed suicide while in custody last month.

Srivara yesterday said he was considering taking action against media outlets that published false information with malicious intent.

"If there is evidence against a soldier, police will definitely take action. We trust that the Army won't protect wrongdoers. But at this point, there is nothing against any soldier at all," he said.

Regarding the unauthorised installation of signal transmission devices on the Baiyoke Tower, Srivara said there was no evidence to link the installation to lese-majeste.

"So, it's just a violation to the Communications Act," Srivara said.

He said Sukkho Tarmseree, who is close to Prakrom, was not found to have committed lese-majeste.

"He is just charged with unauthorised possession of guns and ammunition," he said.

Defence Minister General Prawit Wongsuwan, meanwhile, said he had not heard of any soldier fleeing the country. "No, it's just that some soldiers haven't reported to work lately," he said. "They don't face any arrest warrant."

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Police-deny-soldiers-link-to-lese-majeste-30272440.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-11-07

Only a couple of days ago the national police chief was personally ' convinced ' an army colonel was involved and evidence was being gathered but now his deputy wants nothing to do with it.

At the time there was a rebuke of sorts from the Defence Minister who said he also oversees the police and had hadn't been told anything so he doubted it.

Is the police chief correct but has been told to back off ? If not he needs a severe rap on the knuckles for talking out of turn. Yes it's the national sport amongst Thai officialdom but that doesn't make it OK and doesn't help any in most situations.

Yesterday it was reported that up to 50 military officers could be involved. Today not a single military person is involved. How convenient... for the military.

In the BP this morning, it is reported that the testimony implicating the military is not being accepted. No explanation beyond testimony not accepted.

Sorry, but something just does not smell right here. Is this a coverup?

He said Sukkho Tarmseree, who is close to Prakrom, was not found to have committed lese-majeste.
"He is just charged with unauthorised possession of guns and ammunition," he said.

Ah OK, so nothing of importance then... whistling.gif

Only a couple of days ago the national police chief was personally ' convinced ' an army colonel was involved and evidence was being gathered but now his deputy wants nothing to do with it.

At the time there was a rebuke of sorts from the Defence Minister who said he also oversees the police and had hadn't been told anything so he doubted it.

Is the police chief correct but has been told to back off ? If not he needs a severe rap on the knuckles for talking out of turn. Yes it's the national sport amongst Thai officialdom but that doesn't make it OK and doesn't help any in most situations.

From the article

at this point, there is nothing against any soldier at all

No evidence. whistling.gif

Yes, no, maybe, or only misquoted by the media.

Aren't we still waiting for Col Kacharchat to return from Myanmar?

It's as though Somyot had never left!

No serious charges pending, 'just' a violation of the Communications Act, and unauthorised possession of guns and ammo.

From the article

at this point, there is nothing against any soldier at all

No evidence. whistling.gif

You must love looking the other way when a car runs over a dog.

Hilarious.

The hard copy of the BP is carrying on the front page that a couple of military being investigated in relation to the new King's Park.

Well i mean who would of thought it.......

No doubt it will all disappear. These stories are pretty bad for the army who justify their position with their whole protecting the Institution schtick when everyone knows its protecting themselves they care about.

Regardless of who is what and what is who one glaring feature is that with this draconian law Thailand still lives in the dark ages, whilst this law stays in vogue Democracy and freedom of speech are a myth and to top it off the people of Thailand have sat back and allowed another draconian law to establish itself with the Prayut - O -Cha section 44, the maturity of Thailand as a nation has to be questioned , one hopes over time everyone can stand back and laugh about the time when these laws dominated the Thailand landscape..........coffee1.gif

Regardless of who is what and what is who one glaring feature is that with this draconian law Thailand still lives in the dark ages, whilst this law stays in vogue Democracy and freedom of speech are a myth and to top it off the people of Thailand have sat back and allowed another draconian law to establish itself with the Prayut - O -Cha section 44, the maturity of Thailand as a nation has to be questioned , one hopes over time everyone can stand back and laugh about the time when these laws dominated the Thailand landscape..........coffee1.gif

I'm afraid it will end in tears, not laughter.

Yesterday it was reported that up to 50 military officers could be involved. Today not a single military person is involved. How convenient... for the military.

In the BP this morning, it is reported that the testimony implicating the military is not being accepted. No explanation beyond testimony not accepted.

Sorry, but something just does not smell right here. Is this a coverup?

Generally the cover-ups are pretty blindingly obvious - so yes, it could well be.

There are plenty of red-shirts in the Army : Thaksin boasted about how many he has 'on-board' during the audio scandal.

So I'm sure there are plenty involved in something like this.

Prayuth is trying to maintain the integrity of the Army and the royalist stance. I have noticed he will sometimes make a higher level decision then stick to it even if he looks a bit stupid. His comments saying the GT200 bomb detectors worked are another example.

There are plenty of red-shirts in the Army : Thaksin boasted about how many he has 'on-board' during the audio scandal.

So I'm sure there are plenty involved in something like this.

Prayuth is trying to maintain the integrity of the Army and the royalist stance. I have noticed he will sometimes make a higher level decision then stick to it even if he looks a bit stupid. His comments saying the GT200 bomb detectors worked are another example.

Ah, so it's just the redshirt soldiers who're involved. Why didn't I think of that? I'd be grateful if you'd let us know who provides you with these hot tips. Mr Suthep? Or maybe Mrs EnglishJohn??

Seems like the fortune teller's health took a nasty turn for the worse and he passed away from septicemia in the prison hospital on Friday.

If so someone needs to take a long hard look at the military's " special prisons". 2 out of 3 dying in custody!

Seems like the fortune teller's health took a nasty turn for the worse and he passed away from septicemia in the prison hospital on Friday.

News now says he died Saterday evening. Yesterday an autopsy was done. The body was released to the family and immediately cremated in a Wat in Bang Seu.

The man who hanged himself while in custody a few days ago was also cremated hours after the body was released.

It is obviously very bad for health to be considered involved in LM: two suicides and one fatal septicemia, in a matter of days, the arrested(!) 'main'(?!) suspects are falling like flies after a Baygon treatment... One: well, it is possible, two: hmm, it's quite unlikely, but, three: erm...

Bring that together with a 'communication disaster' on the RTP side, nothing unusual, alas, but also from the RTA side, the NCPO, the Defence Min., and even from the PM himself...

What could have started to, very 'accidentally', unravel, something of enormous size then, not supposed or expected to ever see the light of day, which could justify such frantic efforts of 'containment', at any cost?

Am really surprised by TVF forums, tbh, I can understand this might lead to sensitive discussion but except if I missed it, I haven't seen a thread on forums about this 2nd death in prison...

Front page of BP website yesterday and not a single thread...

I understand "legalize canabis", "10 thai prostitutes in India" "Sperm donation in Siam" have good click-response rates for TVF but man...

2 out of 3 arrested died in Military prison.. Scary

Am really surprised by TVF forums, tbh, I can understand this might lead to sensitive discussion but except if I missed it, I haven't seen a thread on forums about this 2nd death in prison...

Front page of BP website yesterday and not a single thread...

I understand "legalize canabis", "10 thai prostitutes in India" "Sperm donation in Siam" have good click-response rates for TVF but man...

2 out of 3 arrested died in Military prison.. Scary

From the Forum Rules:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.