PM speaks from his heart of current political situation

rooster59

PM speaks from his heart of current political situation

7-11-2558-12-02-14-wpcf_728x405.jpg

BANGKOK: Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha has for the first time spoken from what he said was from his heart to the people about the current political situation, and certain group of ill-intentioned people's ongoing attempt to intercept his roadmap to democracy, citing election and democracy which he said was a "trap".

The prime minister reveals his feelings in his own hand-writing expressing his desire for the public to have the right to control their lives and not be at the mercy of politicians.

His writings also reveal that there were certain groups in the country that do not respect the law and were attempting to undermine the judiciary.

Six pages of hand-written messages by Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha was disclosed by government spokesman Maj Gen SansernKaewkamnerd in a press conference yesterday.

The pages revealed the thoughts of the prime minister on the political situation of the country, the spokesman said.

The message revealed not only Gen Prayut’s views on the present political climate but also changes that he wanted to see happen in the country.

Matters such as reforms that were not solely designated by party politics but by a government selected from legitimate elections.

In his message he said this government must make the population strong by fostering real democratic ideals that provides stability and are not encumbered by fractious political beliefs as in the recent past.

Ideally, the prime minister stated that he wished to empower the general public so that they are not dependent upon the whims of politicians.

The general population must be imbued with a strong sense of propriety and not be lured into senseless quarrels brought on by political differences.

The message also revealed his fears over ill-intentioned factions that have no regard whatsoever with the law or the judiciary.

This, along with the media’s overwhelming fascination for reporting pointless discord has been a major stumbling block for him to carry out his duties, he said.

As a result, Thailand is viewed internationally as politically volatile, he said.

The prime minister’s message closed by asking all sector of the public to not get involved in or promote unnecessary conflict that do not benefit the country in any way.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-speaks-from-his-heart-of-current-political-situation

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-11-07

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prayut has no idea of what democracy is. It's essence is the clash of ideas.

Indeed. His concept of Democracy is idyllic (if one takes his writings as sincere).

I would say, rather than shying away from political conflict, and short-circuiting its resolution through coups, Thailand should be finding ways to embrace and institutionalize conflict (and its resolution) better.

For example, the two issues that ostensibly triggered this most recent coup, the Senate related constitutional change, and the amnesty bill, were both on their way to ignominious defeat due to the checks and balances provided by the Senate and Judiciary. This is the way it is supposed to work.

(On the other hand, I am not so naive as to believe this most recent coup was due to any failure of democracy; in fact, I think it was due to democracy's increasing success. After all, the Senate proposal was to make it much more directly representative of the people...)

Edited by phoenixdoglover

The prime minister reveals his feelings in his own hand-writing expressing his desire for the public to have the right to control their lives and not be at the mercy of politicians.

I quess its better to be at the mercy of the military.I donot know never lived in a military ran country before.i have been burdened with democracy ,elections,free speech,,you know the things kind of things where politicians are voted in office.

"Ideally, the prime minister stated that he wished to empower the general public so that they are not dependent upon the whims of politicians."

So seizing power at gunpoint, rule by decree (effectively rule by the whims of General/PM Prayut), detention without charge, censorship of speech and the press, and all the rest are just ways to empower the general public?

What he needs to do is something noteworthy. I've seen nothing change really since the year and a half that he and the junta took over. He may be speaking from the heart but all I see from him is same old same old.

Edited by tominbkk

Some guys here really think stuff has changed for the better, one poster is utterly convinced the traffic is 'calmer' since the coup.

And this statement made on a thread about being the 2nd worst in the world for road deaths, as it was last year, and probably the year before that.

(Apparently the 1st is Namibia, with a population of 2 point 3 million, and thousands of miles of open desert and savannah, they must drive blindfolded there is all I can say).

back on topic, you can fool some of the people all of the time...

Thus his roadmap to democracy does not encompass the words "election" and "democracy"?

See, you are clearly one of those misguided silly billies who have fallen into that pesky democracy trap. Allow those nice men with suspiciously black hair and crisp uniforms to haul you out of it...

Modern democracy encompasses many ideals, such as Freedom of the Press; Freedom of Assembly; Freedom of Thought, etc. These are distasteful and repulsive to those that wish to control and and curtail these, and other freedoms.

I watched him on TV last evening and he was so apologetic I almost cried. I wanted to hug him and say

'there, there...we all understand what a strain it is for you. We're all behind you one for all and all for one...'

Whoops, sorry about that, got carried away.

So with this and the revealing of his feelings he is obviously not one to stand and defend, rightly or wrongly, for what he wants. I think his act is pathetic, ill mannered and disrespectful. Ill mannered and disrespectful because he thinks Thai people are gullible enough to be persuaded by such actions. At least one can have respect for a strong person even if one doesn't agree. He needs to stand up for what he believe so that everyone knows 'where he's at'. Desist, I say, with your charade....Whoops, sorry, getting carried away again.

I am sobbing into my beer. He is becoming more and more of a caricature. Except there is a dark side that could erupt at any time and gave his apologist - sorry spokesperson a real challenge to explain away.

Oh well, back to my beer. sob sob