New Location for The Bookhouse Restaurant Udon Thani

MYKTHEMIN

Pannerai and seaside 2 sell absolutely disgusting food, if you like it I feel sorry for you or is just because it is cheap?

What is your problem here MYM, the food i PANNARAI is fine, a great breakfast. Just because you had an over-done boiled egg doesn't mean the rest of the menu is inedible.

As you are nothing more than a keyboard-warrior I suggest you stay in the village and wallow in your own self pity rather than subject us to your ridiculous bigotry.

Any problems, my name is Chris and I drinkI I at the Sapan Sports Bar,

I'd leave it Chris .. this MYM bloke has obviously got some serious domestic issues if he has to present himself onto he forum like a Housecarl. Quite unbelievable. The PANNARAI serves a decent, inexpensive breakfast, yet one finds the likes of "Haute Cuisine" MYM bowling in because their breakfast is not up to par .... god; it's breakfast FGS.

Anyhow Chris, see you in Sports Bar next weekend for the footie ... cheers mate .... here's to cold fried eggs!!

Pannerai and seaside 2 sell absolutely disgusting food, if you like it I feel sorry for you or is just because it is cheap?

What is your problem here MYM, the food i PANNARAI is fine, a great breakfast. Just because you had an over-done boiled egg doesn't mean the rest of the menu is inedible.

As you are nothing more than a keyboard-warrior I suggest you stay in the village and wallow in your own self pity rather than subject us to your ridiculous bigotry.

Any problems, my name is Chris and I drinkI I at the Sapan Sports Bar,

I'd leave it Chris .. this MYM bloke has obviously got some serious domestic issues if he has to present himself onto he forum like a Housecarl. Quite unbelievable. The PANNARAI serves a decent, inexpensive breakfast, yet one finds the likes of "Haute Cuisine" MYM bowling in because their breakfast is not up to par .... god; it's breakfast FGS.

Anyhow Chris, see you in Sports Bar next weekend for the footie ... cheers mate .... here's to cold fried eggs!!

Exactly Jerry. This bloke has been plaguing the other local forum for ages with his ridiculous anti-Pannarai rhetoric .. quite pathetic. Inexpensive food is .... inexpensive food. It is not "cheap slop" as MYM maintains. I'm afraid the bloke's in a minority as every time I stay at the Pannarai there are heaps of outsiders dropping by for a bit of brekkie ..... not a 7 course gargantuan banquet .... some breakfast to get them on their way.

Anyhow Jez, in the anticipation of more patronising dross from the aforementioned poster, I'll see you later in the week.

BTW, I'm in town tomorrow ... see you at the Pannarai for a slap-up breakfast!!

If you like crap food carry on eating there, far below my standards. Soi sanpan fish and chips is good for cod and burgers, I like Dose and good everything, wine society , wine house etc etc not cheap crap. Pannerai is awful tastless bacon stale bread cold eggs, looks great but tastes terrible, cheap orange juice like knats piss,. if you like it carry on, same for irish clock food was good with steve and mali better with trevor and anne now I do not eat there not a patch on what it was such a shame.

Are you a secret agent from , UM [ Udon Mafia ]

PS. UT , is not worth mentioning .RIP.

Fuzzy kens, is the place 2B , CC,s welcome , brown sauce only 15 bht a satchet coffee1.gif

Went into the bookhouse (city lodge hotel) at weekend with the nipper & ball and chain the menus is the same with a few new specials i had a beef wellington which was served with mash and asparagus absolutely lovely & only 250bt . Its a shame she had to move from last location as was a nice setting especially on xmas day with a group of people but new place inside has been done up nice with new tables spaced out well from others, laptop with a big screen in far corner where u can go on youtube and play what music you want i highly recommend it.

• 2 weeks later...

does google earth show locations for these restaurants?Is fuzzy kens the only second hand bookshop?hope to move back to near Udon shortly and would appreciate some idea of places to meet fellow farangs socially ,not as a bar soak !!!

Other people will point out any other bookshops for you if there are any more.

A suggestion would be for you to consider getting a Kindle or other Ebook reader and using this to read your books.

Even buying from Fuzzy Kens or other places is going to cost you a lot more in the long run than having an Ebook reader. And the convenience of Kindle is amazing. Long battery life and you can store thousands of books on the Kindle as well as many other advantages.

Or download a reading program such as Kindle to your laptop ,tablet or phone.

Obtaining Ebooks is simple and I am sure many here including myself would be happy to assist.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/digital/fiona/kcp-landing-page?ie=UTF8&ref_=kcp_pc_mkt_lnd

does google earth show locations for these restaurants?Is fuzzy kens the only second hand bookshop?hope to move back to near Udon shortly and would appreciate some idea of places to meet fellow farangs socially ,not as a bar soak !!!

Other people will point out any other bookshops for you if there are any more.

A suggestion would be for you to consider getting a Kindle or other Ebook reader and using this to read your books.

Even buying from Fuzzy Kens or other places is going to cost you a lot more in the long run than having an Ebook reader. And the convenience of Kindle is amazing. Long battery life and you can store thousands of books on the Kindle as well as many other advantages.

Or download a reading program such as Kindle to your laptop ,tablet or phone.

Obtaining Ebooks is simple and I am sure many here including myself would be happy to assist.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/digital/fiona/kcp-landing-page?ie=UTF8&ref_=kcp_pc_mkt_lnd

Do not buy or download from Amazon as they pay their staff peunuts and, despite their huge profits, try their best not to contribute anything to the economies of the countries where they sell by avoiding the payment of any tax, e.g., in the UK.

Dont worry hcc! 'king farangs everywhere hcc! ............555.

• 1 month later...

The Nong Sim location is now a pile of rubble, with a sign indication the new City Lodge location.

Went there twice recently. The signage (several of them) is for sure there, indicating it is the Bookhouse and is same cook (Nok). Menu is same and food is amazing as always, with big portions too. Mexican, Indian, Spaghetti, Thai food, traditional western dishes, breakfast, it is all great. The hours are now different though. Breakfast and lunch from 10AM to 2PM, and Dinner from 5PM to 10PM. I didn't ask but did see a sign saying Sunday 10AM to 6PM for a promotion. I'm not sure if that's the full Sunday hours or the promotion hours. I super recommend this place for the diverse menu and great food. The service is sometimes slow (or was in past) but the food is so great that if the case it is always well worth the wait.

• 2 months later...

Nok has now located to her home to run her business, same superb food at a consistent quality, GPS co ordinates from my garmin are

N 17 24 879

E 102 48 305

Go and enjoy some of the best food in Udon Thani

Thanks for that.

Good Luck Nok ... keep up the good work and great standards

Nok has now located to her home to run her business, same superb food at a consistent quality, GPS co ordinates from my garmin are

N 17 24 879

E 102 48 305

Thanks, but for those of us who dont have GPS or an Ordinance Survey map of Udon, where the hell in Udon is that?

N 17 24 879

E 102 48 305

Thanks, but for those of us who dont have GPS or an Ordinance Survey map of Udon, where the hell in Udon is that?

Take the Thongyai Road that runs parallel to the railway line. Pass UD town and then the Railway station on your right. Pass Bangkok Hospital on your left.

Where the road bears left to go round the back of Central, don't follow it but carry straight on on the minor road alongside the tracks.

It's about 500m up the road with a fairly visible sign outside.

N 17 24 879

E 102 48 305

Take the Thongyai Road that runs parallel to the railway line. Pass UD town and then the Railway station on your right. Pass Bangkok Hospital on your left.

Where the road bears left to go round the back of Central, don't follow it but carry straight on on the minor road alongside the tracks.

It's about 500m up the road with a fairly visible sign outside.

Thanks, thats really clear. I know where that is.....Hope she's still there in October when I get back.

• 4 weeks later...

Elliss, your comments are useless. Provide links or info or get lost.

The new Sports bar has recently opened , in lower soi sampan , and Tuesday night was right jam packed . clap2.gifclap2.gif

FYI , another Sports Bar , will be opening , Very soon , just outside the ring road . nuff said .

Refer to local forums for more info , 5555

PS , links not needed , see for yourself .coffee1.gif

Archived