Thailand's Labour Ministry cracks down on foreign models working without work permits

webfact

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Foreign model? Who needs them, Thai women are the most beautiful, stunning, gorgeous women in the world. You don't have to search long to find a beauty in Thailand. Perfect in everyway.

Your Dick is doing the thinking?

@Wilsonandson: lol.

I agree with "Broeno"

you either dont have much experience with girls in the country you come from, or you have become extremely bias (based on teh fact that you can "pull" easier in Thailand than your home country).

theres plenty of pretty thai girls, but there are also plenty of pretty foreign girls too.

are you the type of person that wears a Pink or Yellow shirt on certain days of the week ?

Ahh. You got me. Yes, not much experience with women. Yellow shirt, of course on Monday. Pink on Tuesday. Green on Wednesday. Orange on Thursday. Blue on Friday. Purple on Saturday. White on Sunday with the words "This shirt is red". Yes there are lots of pretty foreign girls. But I'm happy with the Thai's. They win everytime. Your the luckiest man on Earth if you have a Thai girlfriend or wife. They are beautiful, caring and more. Bruno Mars "beautiful girls" song is played every day in my crib. I love you Thai women. Your 10 of of 10 for me.

Foreign model? Who needs them, Thai women are the most beautiful, stunning, gorgeous women in the world. You don't have to search long to find a beauty in Thailand. Perfect in everyway.

Your Dick is doing the thinking?

@Wilsonandson: lol.

I agree with "Broeno"

you either dont have much experience with girls in the country you come from, or you have become extremely bias (based on teh fact that you can "pull" easier in Thailand than your home country).

theres plenty of pretty thai girls, but there are also plenty of pretty foreign girls too.

are you the type of person that wears a Pink or Yellow shirt on certain days of the week ?

Ahh. You got me. Yes, not much experience with women. Yellow shirt, of course on Monday. Pink on Tuesday. Green on Wednesday. Orange on Thursday. Blue on Friday. Purple on Saturday. White on Sunday with the words "This shirt is red". Yes there are lots of pretty foreign girls. But I'm happy with the Thai's. They win everytime. Your the luckiest man on Earth if you have a Thai girlfriend or wife. They are beautiful, caring and more. Bruno Mars "beautiful girls" song is played every day in my crib. I love you Thai women. Your 10 of of 10 for me.

10 out of 10. Not of of. ps I think alot of posters are jealous. Stuck abroad with some fat old battle axe. Me here with my babe relaxing in my crib. Ha ha ha. Wish you were here!

It's interesting when their are other government bodies trying to attract international producers to do their filming in Thailand that they would shoot themselves in the foot rather than find a viable solution.

Most of the foreign models are extra's in commercials or films, this includes many African, Indian as well as more western producers.

From the hiring side many of these extra's are deemed contractors, potentially like many other contractors responsible for their own work permits.

They often get around 1500 to 2000 baht a day sometimes working on location for 12 hours and lets say if they are lucky they 5 days work a month.

At 10k a month are they going to qualify for a work permit?

Who they actually work for is also grey, is it themselves as a contractor, the sourcing agency, the casting agency, the production house or the companies making the adverts themselves.

As far as beautiful models go, models come in all shapes and sizes, there are likely to be a lot of agencies looking for big fat models with white beards next month for example.

Perhaps there are better uses of time and resources than ruining Christmas, or at least look for a workable solution that still attracts the income and marketing from international advert and movie makers bringing their investment into Thailand.

It's interesting when their are other government bodies trying to attract international producers to do their filming in Thailand that they would shoot themselves in the foot rather than find a viable solution.

Most of the foreign models are extra's in commercials or films, this includes many African, Indian as well as more western producers.

From the hiring side many of these extra's are deemed contractors, potentially like many other contractors responsible for their own work permits.

They often get around 1500 to 2000 baht a day sometimes working on location for 12 hours and lets say if they are lucky they 5 days work a month.

At 10k a month are they going to qualify for a work permit?

Who they actually work for is also grey, is it themselves as a contractor, the sourcing agency, the casting agency, the production house or the companies making the adverts themselves.

As far as beautiful models go, models come in all shapes and sizes, there are likely to be a lot of agencies looking for big fat models with white beards next month for example.

Perhaps there are better uses of time and resources than ruining Christmas, or at least look for a workable solution that still attracts the income and marketing from international advert and movie makers bringing their investment into Thailand.

Well, foreigners basically cannot set themselves up as sole contractors. Whoever is employing them be it am agency, or the film company or whoever is responsible for getting them a work permit.

Why they aren't mentioning the agencies in this issue is typically Thai. They are the ones employing people illegally.

Perfect in every way?

C'mon now...

Are you the one with the guide dog and the white stick?

Its a silly rule that should be relaxed….these models bring an 'exotic' quality to adverts they are placed in….making a product or service look more international and aspirational to the thais….but I do agree that tax needs to be paid…..how else can the paying company write it off as a legitimate business expense?

I had a girlfriend who worked for one of the big Advertising Agencies (International agency with a Bangkok Office).

The big agencies are all represented here and they make adverts for overseas markets using Western models, because the production costs are cheaper.

Thailand should be encouraging the development of this industry, instead of trying to make it harder.

Otherwise the advertising agency business will move to Vietnam or somewhere else.

How about just make it easier to hire them legally?

Clearly the fashion business (which i assume is why the model are here) being a global business requires models from around the globe for marketing and advertising purposes.

So rather than get all flustered stop with the patriotic filibustering and listen to what your companies need, in this instance - a flexible pool of foreign models, and make it easy for them to be employed quickly, efficiently and legally. So your companies can be more successful globally.

What you are suggesting is a workable, practical solution. A win, win for everybody. A common sense solution to a really small problem. That kind of resolution appears to be above the level of competency of many government officials. And let's not ignore an opportunity to bash the outside world. It is those perky farengs who create all of our problems.