Washing machine parts.

emilymat

Right oh people. I'm not being idle, it's just I've reached a dead end after three weeks.

About 18 months ago I had a new Haier washing machine at about 9000 baht. I don't use it every day - maybe twice a week, living alone.

About a month ago the computer dispay began plaing up (the water level indicator was all over the place and the machine kept cutting out during the wash cycle).

I looked at loads of tutorials on YouTube etc, plus I downloaded an Enlsih version of the instructions. I checked everything in the machine - which is as clean as a whistle.

Eventually my Thai landlady called the local supplier (no names mention, but a high profile one in Pattaya) and they sent out a couple of workmen. They seemed to check the machine with a mobile phone (or similar contraption) and announced I needed a new circuit board. They could get one from Bangkok but it would cost 6,500 baht! (66% of the purchase price) - plus 400 baht call out charge.

On my landlady's advice I declined and figured I would try and locate a replacement on line. Bingo! I found the exact piece in China and then realised that the minimum order was 100 pieces!. So that was a wholesaler.

I bought a new Japanese machine for 7500 and am using that now. But, it sticks in the throat that I can't seem to locate washing machine spares in Pattaya. After all, it's supposed to be a city and not some village in the boonies.

Is there such a store in this town where you can by parts for a variety of machines etc. A bit like Halfords in the UK where they stock a variety of spares for various manufacturers. (I know they are cars but I hope you get my drift).

Thanks a lot for any info. Reparing this has become an obsession as it cant be thrown away as it has motor guarantees etc for several more years and is pristine in all other respects.

Even in Bangkok I suspect the part would have to be ordered from China. And yes it can be thrown away if not worth the cost to fix. Spare parts are not often held here in Thailand, even for items made here. If imported they most often have to be ordered and are very high cost. You could contact a repair shop and see if they can source something to fix it with (spare part of a unit that failed for another problem perhaps). Sometimes you can luck out and get something fixed at a very good price - but if you have to use maker it is likely to be expensive; as you have found.

Did you contact Haier directly? When I was looking at aircons Numchai recommended Haier as having a proper service department that would send out their own technicians if needed.

In the end I didnt fancy Haier and bought a Japanese brand but that's neither here nor there. And of course the aircon service dept may not be the same as the washing machine service dept.

Did you contact Haier directly? When I was looking at aircons Numchai recommended Haier as having a proper service department that would send out their own technicians if needed.

In the end I didnt fancy Haier and bought a Japanese brand but that's neither here nor there. And of course the aircon service dept may not be the same as the washing machine service dept.

I tried to but could make no progress. Curiously, I read a lot of feedback on this product line and the majority were un................able. (I have to be careful about the defamation law in Thailand - that's what the mods told me in a previous post on a different subject - even if the remarks are factual).

As indicated by your post, I have now bought a Toshiba, for about 1500 baht more thn the spare part quote. It's fine and has a ten year motor guarantee.

I guess it just sticks in the throat of a lot of us, having to dispose of a perfectly, mechanically good, washing machine. I'll let this forum know if I make any further progress.

Had you bought a Samsung Machine you would have experienced good after sales/ maintenance service.

Our 18 month (out of warranty) machine was repaired for the (documented) cost of the spares. Fixed within two days and no call out or other charges.

Or experience with Samsung refrigerator repair was that basic parts had to be ordered from Singapore by Samsung maintenance service.

Thanks for the replies.

I forgot to add that when I saw a load of video's on U Tube, relating to washing machine problems, they suggested that the problems with the water level display etc. was not necessarily a 'computer' chip issue. The display was merely highlighting a problem somewhere else in the machine e.g. the water level sensor in the tub. (I'm going to have a look at this again).

The guys who came from the company I cannot mention (although it has been mentioned on this thread) merely took a look and concluded it needed a new circuit board. "Thank you sir, 400 baht".

facepalm.gif

Take it down a washing machine shop, see if you can get 1000 baht for it.

You have only taken someone's word for what is wrong with it.

You don't know what caused the fault in the first place.

If you fit a new board, it may well get the same fault again very quickly.

Swallow your pride and put it in the bin, it could very well, cost you a lot more. wai2.gif

Try Googling "circuit board for Haier washing machine" - repairclinic.com seems to have some reasonably priced OEM parts. Not sure about shipping costs though...

Or maybe something like this will help: http://removeandreplace.com/2015/10/23/haier-washing-machine-front-loader-general-error-codes/

Or this: http://diy.stackexchange.com/questions/57844/help-to-diagnose-the-washing-machine-issue

Had you bought a Samsung Machine you would have experienced good after sales/ maintenance service.

Our 18 month (out of warranty) machine was repaired for the (documented) cost of the spares. Fixed within two days and no call out or other charges.

I have found that Samsung products break down regularly.

Probably why they have a busy after sale/maintenance service.

I've since changed over to buying Electrolux products without any

break down problems, although they too have a very reliable after sale

service in Thailand.