Cambodian Driver License in Thailand

ssids

Hi;

1- I would like to know whether i can drive Thai Reg Bike on my Cambodian Driver License ?

The bike has been transferred to my name already.

2- What if i take the bike out Thailand to Cambodia with my Cambodian Driver License?

I'm not sure about number one but I am sure about number two, if you take your Thai registered bike to Cambodia your Cambodia license is OK. I know because I have made the trip to Sihanoukville from Pattaya and taken my Thai registered bike several times and the police in Sihanoukville tell me I need an International license or Cambodia license to be legal. Under the APEC agreements I think that your Cambodia license should be good in Thailand, I think that a Thai license is OK in Cambodia but the Sihanoukville police just want an excuse to hit you up for a few bucks.

You will need to get 30-day temp import paper for Thai bike at frontier.

And insurance.

And configure the bike for no headlight on during daylight hours.

Ya Cambodia DL works in Cambodia.

Edited by papa al

I'm not sure about number one but I am sure about number two, if you take your Thai registered bike to Cambodia your Cambodia license is OK. I know because I have made the trip to Sihanoukville from Pattaya and taken my Thai registered bike several times and the police in Sihanoukville tell me I need an International license or Cambodia license to be legal. Under the APEC agreements I think that your Cambodia license should be good in Thailand, I think that a Thai license is OK in Cambodia but the Sihanoukville police just want an excuse to hit you up for a few bucks.

Thakn you with your help and answer.

I saw in one topic a guy said he was stopped in Bangkok Thailand with his Cambo reg Bike. He gave his Cambo DL to the police then it worked.

You will need to get 30-day temp import paper for Thai bike at frontier.

And insurance.

And configure the bike for no headlight on during daylight hours.

Ya Cambodia DL works in Cambodia.

thx bro

and How hard in order to get it?

any require documents?

Have green book in your name, in hand, very easy.

ok i have it already bro.

So what if i don come back to Thailand ? haha

Your temporary import document into Cambodia would run out. Your temporary export out of Thailand would run out. You would not be able to register the bike legally in Cambodia. You would need to turn to subterfuge, trickery and deception. e.g. false Cambodian plates, paying off the Cambodian cops at check points, etc.

Have green book in your name, in hand, very easy.

ok i have it already bro.

So what if i don come back to Thailand ? haha

Your temporary import document into Cambodia would run out. Your temporary export out of Thailand would run out. You would not be able to register the bike legally in Cambodia. You would need to turn to subterfuge, trickery and deception. e.g. false Cambodian plates, paying off the Cambodian cops at check points, etc.

Its ok bro, if i reached Cambo. I will find way to get license plate or find way to register that bike.