Are Thai girls turned off by guys who enjoy video games?

drronnie

A Thai friend of mine said she had no respect for adult men who like to play video games. When asked why she said that Thai women do not like immature men. I hope she is only one of the few cases. I do not see playing video games as being childish.

I certainly find it a little odd grown men playing video games, especially getting sucked into war like (COD, Fallout) games, playing on the internet etc. A bit of FIFA between mates would be normal maybe.

I cannot understand the attraction of it, so i can understand why some women particularly would find it a little strange.

Each to their own though.

No respect seems a little harsh, but yeah, I've heard that before. I knew a big game dork that did not do well with Thai girls. I would tell him Thai girls tend to like strong silent types that treat em the way their fathers did and don't really go for eccentric nerd types like western girls sometimes do. Also, one of the reasons I often hear cited for a girl's Thai break-up is "he played video games more than he talked to me". So it's possible you're pushing a button there. I think- like any eccentric interest- it just depends on how you present it. Thai girls tend to respect guy time and alone time provided you make time for them too. But being fanatical about anything is always a turn-off

Generally I think most serious gamers are viewed that way.....Not taken seriously and viewed as a loner....To most Thais it would seem an immature ......

The Thai folks have a genuine friendliness and open curiosity towards one another.....Pretty amazing what they'll ask/talk about candidly with perfect strangers .....

Someone that shunts out the world - especially after traveling from half a world away to get here would seem/be odd to their existance......

Notice a lot of game stuff selling on the buy/sell sites and it usually takes a LONG time to get sold - while other items are snatched up quickly → possibly another indicator....

Sh**t → they're deemed pretty odd in the US except with their gamer peers....So would really be that way here....

Always get a "play game same boy eh!" & little giggle when having a dabble. But a hardcore gamer for any woman anywhere is a turn off, surely.

I've got a PlayStation each for the 2 young nephews when back in a couple of weeks with a rack of games.

Going to be interesting how the brother-in laws get on with it when on the lao khao.

I know it's their bag, right up their street. Teken etc.

If they're not 'put off', they should be. It was once that pool/billiards players were the result of a misspent youth. The modern equivalent is adults playing video games, in my opinion, of course. I just don't see the attraction.

If anyone can enjoy boring games, I emphasis games, not sports, like pool and darts, then it's highly likely they will enjoy video games.

Most Thai girls I know around my age (mid-late 20s) don't mind. It's not a turn on, but certainly not a deal breaker either. Most Thai guys around that age range also play games so most girls are used to it. I can't comment on older age groups though.

Depends on her age and maturity

1. She might be happy checking her profile/chats in the many apps she will have downloaded on her phone whilst you play your game. Maybe chatting with a new guy who does not play games when in her company.

2. Time and place for playing games (for me normally in the bedroom tongue.png )

Guess if you are into playing video games then there will be a young lady who is happy to let you crack on without disturbing you.

just find a girl that plays games herself. plenty out there.

Yep my wife (47!) when not at work or watching dootv (we are in the UK) plays Candycrush constantly, we have a great relationship! smile.png

Edited by gazzzz

I'm late thirties and play video-games daily.

Both of my two long-term Thai girlfriends were so interested by watching me play that they learned to play themselves and game along with me (FPS's; not easy to pick-up if you've never played modern video games as a kid).

There's never been any question of "childishness" because they know I'm intelligent from conversation, mature from how I care for a disabled family member, and of course, capable, because I earn a Western executive's salary. Someone who judges your entire character based solely on a single hobby like playing video-games is themselves immature. It's also an age thing though; those who didn't grow up with modern video-games aren't going to understand the experience.

No idea. But one observation from the daily commute on the skytrain is that there are LOTS of Thai girls (of all ages) playing games on phones etc. as well. My favourite story was when a mature-looking business lady in a very smart business suit sat down next to me, got out the ipad and proceeded to candy-crush the journey away!