• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

POLITICS
Yingluck writes to PM over 'inaccurate' reasons

THE NATION

30272742-01_big.jpg?1447275738011

BANGKOK: -- FORMER prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra has written an open letter to PM Prayut Chan-o-cha seeking justice over the current government's attempt to seek massive compensation for damages estimated at around Bt600 billion caused by the previous government's rice-pledging scheme.

Yingluck, who faces a civil compensation lawsuit, said there were two inaccurate reasons reported to Prayut concerning the latest legal attempt.

First, Prayut was told the civil compensation case has a statute of limitation of one year and if the case is filed under the Tort Liability of Government Officer Act BE 2539, the statute of limitation would be two years. Second, the case could only be executed under the Regulation of the Office of the Prime Minister on the tort actions of the government officer BE 2539.

In the letter, Yingluck said both reasons were not accurate as she argued the statute of limitation would not start until the criminal case against her under Criminal Code Section 157 at the Supreme Court's Criminal Division for Persons Holding Political Positions is adjudicated. Therefore, the civil case's statute of limitation must comply with the criminal case's statute of limitation of 15 years according to the Civil and Commercial Code Section 448. As a result, the statute of limitation in this civil case is 15 years in accordance with Criminal Code Section 157, not one or two years as reported to the Prayut, the letter read.

"I urge the prime minister to check the two suggested legal issues with the Office of the Council of State in order to provide justice to me - the accused - and to provide a sufficient period of time for officers related to this case to investigate facts and evidence."

"If the facts are as I suggested, the fact-finding panel will then have sufficient time to fairly investigate existing evidence and witnesses, including experts. The case then will not be so unfairly accelerated so that I, the accused, can have a fair trial," Yingluck said in the letter.

She also said that if the government decides to file the civil charge against her in the Civil Court, responsible government officers would have sufficient time to investigate the case thoroughly and justlyand the National Council for Peace and Order would have no need to issue Order No 39/2558, which is against "the rule of law" and discriminating.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Yingluck-writes-to-PM-over-inaccurate-reasons-30272742.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-11-12

POLITICS

THE NATION

BANGKOK: -- FORMER prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra has written an open letter to PM Prayut Chan-o-cha seeking justice over the current government's attempt to seek massive compensation for damages estimated at around Bt600 billion caused by the previous government's rice-pledging scheme.

Yingluck, who faces a civil compensation lawsuit, said there were two inaccurate reasons reported to Prayut concerning the latest legal attempt.

First, Prayut was told the civil compensation case has a statute of limitation of one year and if the case is filed under the Tort Liability of Government Officer Act BE 2539, the statute of limitation would be two years. Second, the case could only be executed under the Regulation of the Office of the Prime Minister on the tort actions of the government officer BE 2539.

In the letter, Yingluck said both reasons were not accurate as she argued the statute of limitation would not start until the criminal case against her under Criminal Code Section 157 at the Supreme Court's Criminal Division for Persons Holding Political Positions is adjudicated. Therefore, the civil case's statute of limitation must comply with the criminal case's statute of limitation of 15 years according to the Civil and Commercial Code Section 448. As a result, the statute of limitation in this civil case is 15 years in accordance with Criminal Code Section 157, not one or two years as reported to the Prayut, the letter read.

"I urge the prime minister to check the two suggested legal issues with the Office of the Council of State in order to provide justice to me - the accused - and to provide a sufficient period of time for officers related to this case to investigate facts and evidence."

"If the facts are as I suggested, the fact-finding panel will then have sufficient time to fairly investigate existing evidence and witnesses, including experts. The case then will not be so unfairly accelerated so that I, the accused, can have a fair trial," Yingluck said in the letter.

She also said that if the government decides to file the civil charge against her in the Civil Court, responsible government officers would have sufficient time to investigate the case thoroughly and justlyand the National Council for Peace and Order would have no need to issue Order No 39/2558, which is against "the rule of law" and discriminating.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Yingluck-writes-to-PM-over-inaccurate-reasons-30272742.html

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2015-11-12

they won't care about justice as, along with some 'expert' farang here on TVF, they are full of blood-lust and vindictiveness

one day, in quieter times of refelection, reasonable beings will look back and sigh at the viciousness and those that posted in support of it here will, if they have any conscience, hang their head in shame to be a part of it

Statutes of limitations are supposed to be clear so that all parties know the deadline, and private individuals can remove the risk of a potential liability when the statute expires. In Thailand, the opposite is the case. No one knows when statutes of limitations expire, because they have bizarre exceptions and tolling periods (for instance, if you are engaged in settlement negotiations, in many cases, the statute is tolled). Here, there is an issue of whether the criminal proceeding tolls the statute of limitations. No one knows. Not even the legal experts. The result is that the court makes up the rule as it sees fit, and then, as that ruling isn't precedent, no one knows how the next court will rule on the issue. A completely archaic judicial system with poorly drafted legal codes, and no one can predict outcomes. TIT where chaos rules supreme.

Petition? You mean she posted more drivel on facebook. Oh right, I forgot, that is about all she can do. Never attended parliment, never attended meetings (of which she was the chair), never did ANYTHING. Absolutely useless woman.

Plus she is overplaying the sympathy card.

Never attended Parliament

attachicon.gifimages.jpg

Never attended meetings

attachicon.gifimages (5).jpg

Never did anything

attachicon.gifimages (4).jpg

attachicon.gifimages (1).jpg

attachicon.gifimages (3).jpg

attachicon.gifimages (2).jpg

At least we know one thing we can't say about you; Never speaks BS

I like how you added that pic with her pointing to the stockpiled rice that later turned out to be missing 100s of kilos in the middle. Heheeee nice touch making your point using photo ops.

POLITICS

THE NATION

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2015-11-12

they won't care about justice as, along with some 'expert' farang here on TVF, they are full of blood-lust and vindictiveness

one day, in quieter times of refelection, reasonable beings will look back and sigh at the viciousness and those that posted in support of it here will, if they have any conscience, hang their head in shame to be a part of it

"Hang my head in shame"!!!

I have a wide smile on my face that she is being pursued like a frightened animal.

What about the families she has wrecked? What about the farmer suicides? What about the wasted 500 billion baht that could have been used to build hospitals and schools? You should be ashamed of yourself in showing pity for this pathetic woman!!

POLITICS

THE NATION

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2015-11-12

I have a wide smile on my face that she is being pursued like a frightened animal.

What about the families she has wrecked? What about the farmer suicides? What about the wasted 500 billion baht that could have been used to build hospitals and schools? You should be ashamed of yourself in showing pity for this pathetic woman!!

I'm sure you do and it shows what and who are but that's not the topic here wai.gif

Isn't the statute of limitations the time within which you must bring the case to court or it lapses?

I don't think there is any law that says you can't bring the case to court until the statute has almost run out is there?

POLITICS

THE NATION

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2015-11-12

Didn't the army threaten the banks not to make the disbursements to the farmers in order to upend the former government's best intentions?

POLITICS

THE NATION

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2015-11-12

Didn't the army threaten the banks not to make the disbursements to the farmers in order to upend the former government's best intentions?

No they didn't.

How many times has this totally erroneous claim been made and other TV members have gone into long explanations to explain / lay out the actual facts?

so she is arguing that the statute of limitations is 15 years. I bet that if she is able to delay this for another year she will be sending open letters contesting that the statute is only 1 year and therefore she should not be charged.

Who cares what the statute is, if they are ready to take her to trial now then do it!!

Why should they wait just because they can? The sooner justice is done here the better.

Then the country can reconcile with itself.

Don't need to grant amnesty to the criminal politicians to provide reconciliation to the public.

POLITICS

THE NATION

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2015-11-12

No they didn't at all.

The banks were reminded that they are NOT allowed to lend money to a caretaker government as at the next election they may not win and the incoming government would HAVE to honour the debt. The caretaker government could even, if the law allowed it, literally empty the treasury and just leave the incoming government with NO money at all.

That is why the loans were refused, but of course you HAD to put a spin on it and wrongly blame the current government.

No they didn't at all.

The banks were reminded that they are NOT allowed to lend money to a caretaker government as at the next election they may not win and the incoming government would HAVE to honour the debt. The caretaker government could even, if the law allowed it, literally empty the treasury and just leave the incoming government with NO money at all.

That is why the loans were refused, but of course you HAD to put a spin on it and wrongly blame the current government.

Well that's not the real reason either, is it? The banks were reluctant/refused to loan money to the caretaker government because they feared a run on their banks organised by suthep and the whistlers;

Attempts by the government, which appears to have failed to ensure sufficient funding was in place prior to dissolving parliament on December 9 last year, to organise funding have been thwarted by PDRC protesters who have swarmed banks and intimidated staff and management they suspected of being willing to loan the government money.

When the State-owned Government Savings Banks (GSB) made an inter-bank loan of Bt20 billion (US$ 613.685 million) to the State-owned Bank of Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives (BAAC) to enable it to pay rice farmers, both banks came under intense bullying pressure from PDRC protesters, trade unions and customers.

At the instigation of protesters a rush of withdrawals by GSB customers saw more than Bt30 billion (US$ 920.527 million) withdrawn on Monday and a further Bt40 billion (US$ 1.227 billion) on Tuesday, against deposits of Bt22 billion (US$675 million) over the same period.

In attempt to stop the run on the bank GSB president Woravit Chailimpamontri tendered his resignation, while a rushed GSB board meeting decided to terminate the loan and demanded the return of the Bt 5 billion (US$ 153.421 million) first payment already transferred to the BAAC.

The PDRC has continued to pander to the pain being felt by Thailand’s rice farmers, on the one hand expressing sympathy and sorrow over their predicament, Mr Thaugsuban claiming “that no one is opposed to the banks granting loans to the administration”, while at the same time blocking all attempts by the government to secure funds to ease their suffering in a perfect example of the turbid cesspool that Thailand politics has devolved to.

http://www.establishmentpost.com/thailand-caretaker-government-besieged/

No they didn't at all.

Well that's not the real reason either, is it? The banks were reluctant/refused to loan money to the caretaker government because they feared a run on their banks organised by suthep and the whistlers;

Attempts by the government, which appears to have failed to ensure sufficient funding was in place prior to dissolving parliament on December 9 last year, to organise funding have been thwarted by PDRC protesters who have swarmed banks and intimidated staff and management they suspected of being willing to loan the government money.

When the State-owned Government Savings Banks (GSB) made an inter-bank loan of Bt20 billion (US$ 613.685 million) to the State-owned Bank of Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives (BAAC) to enable it to pay rice farmers, both banks came under intense bullying pressure from PDRC protesters, trade unions and customers.

At the instigation of protesters a rush of withdrawals by GSB customers saw more than Bt30 billion (US$ 920.527 million) withdrawn on Monday and a further Bt40 billion (US$ 1.227 billion) on Tuesday, against deposits of Bt22 billion (US$675 million) over the same period.

In attempt to stop the run on the bank GSB president Woravit Chailimpamontri tendered his resignation, while a rushed GSB board meeting decided to terminate the loan and demanded the return of the Bt 5 billion (US$ 153.421 million) first payment already transferred to the BAAC.

The PDRC has continued to pander to the pain being felt by Thailand’s rice farmers, on the one hand expressing sympathy and sorrow over their predicament, Mr Thaugsuban claiming “that no one is opposed to the banks granting loans to the administration”, while at the same time blocking all attempts by the government to secure funds to ease their suffering in a perfect example of the turbid cesspool that Thailand politics has devolved to.

So with a caretaker gov. and both houses dissolved, who can put a motion forwards

to borrow from the banks? The cabinet? Blame it on Suthep.

rice555

POLITICS

THE NATION

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2015-11-12

No!!! They were informed that to do so would likely be illegal and that they would be held responsible for their actions and would face having to pay back this money themselves if they chose this avenue. Basically, it was up to them how they got out of the fix they got themselves into (because of their incompetence) in failing to make the necessary money available for them to disburse to their distraught voters!!

Nothing to do with the army I'm afraid.

After being installed on top of the party list, and then bombarded PM (as was the family's plan), lil' Poo started to think she had become a fairy,

so what could be wrong about telling fairy tales to the people, while the country was robbed as in a fancy fair lottery? And now she asks to be fair with her.

There's a logic in it, folks! After being protected and assisted all her life, not being, erm, the brightest of the family, she just does not know any better than what she is told, so let us not be unfair with her, and ask her to openly tell the truth, that she is a handicapped person with brain problems, that she doesn't have enough intellect to understand any serious matter, and because of that can not be responsible, of anything.

Let her also name the ones who were responsible, tell what they did, how to get to them, and we might all be able to wipe the slate totally clean for her.

Providing she goes for-ever-and-ever-after in 'self-exile' to some of the fairy places her puppeteer owns, far away from here...

attachicon.gifimages.jpg

Never attended meetings

Never did anything

Petition? You mean she posted more drivel on facebook. Oh right, I forgot, that is about all she can do. Never attended parliment, never attended meetings (of which she was the chair), never did ANYTHING. Absolutely useless woman.

attachicon.gifimages.jpg

Never attended meetings

Never did anything

What a quaint post; 6 days out of 3 years.

Did she say anything insightful, anything of value, did she play any part in organizing the agenda, did she write or give any macro outline of any speeches or the things to be achieved at any of these 6 events?

I really, really wonder....How the <deleted> do you & your yellow buddies know what the <deleted> she did or didn't do?

I guess you 'know' from listening to the yellow/army propaganda machine.

POLITICS

THE NATION

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2015-11-12

Usual support of the PR from the Shins lawyers and lobbyists.

Fair means fair - allowing the courts to proceed, examine all relevant evidence and make appropriate decisions.

It does not mean allowing Yingluck's lawyers to drag the process on and on and on; or prevaricate to keep the trial from ever starting; or automatically finding Yingluck innocent because she's a amply rich elite connected woman with a very important brother.

PTP got themselves into all sorts of problems by ignoring, not understanding or misunderstanding laws and procedures whilst in office. Why would anyone believe their lawyers are suddenly the experts?

POLITICS

THE NATION

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2015-11-12

we don't know for sure but the facts are they refused until the guys with the guns took over then did an about turn - go figure!

LANNAGUY

we don't know for sure but the facts are they refused until the guys with the guns took over then did an about turn - go figure!

Reread 2007 Constitution about caretaker government.

They were not allow to borrow money.

The problem of no payment of farmers was not begin at the moment of the dissolution of house, but largely before.............. during the YL office farmers not receive their money since September 2013( for remember house was dissolve the 9 December 2013). During two months (September 2013 to December 2013) YL do nothing for curb the situation and give farmer money.

Having destroyed its own agriculture by attempting to substitute the State in a complex and very connected dynamics market , Thailand has lost one of its core strengths in its regional environment.

YL government has destroyed Thai agriculture

Edited by than

The recent personal photos which are being displayed along with Yungluck''s pleas, address to the PM, the world, etc

seem somewhat less cheerful, confident, etc as in the past. Kind of reminds me of hunting rats with spotlight at night, the few

you see are looking

for the bolthole thru which they entered the scene to escape through, but those they followed in have already bolted and they

seem to have lost their sense of direction /purpose.

LANNAGUY

The problem of no payment of farmers was not begin at the moment of the dissolution of house, but largely before.............. during the YL office farmers not receive their money since September 2013( for remember house was dissolve the 9 December 2013). During two months (September 2013 to December 2013) YL do nothing for curb the situation and give farmer money.

Having destroyed its own agriculture by attempting to substitute the State in a complex and very connected dynamics market , Thailand has lost one of its core strengths in its regional environment.

& they weren't allowed to have a new election so the new government could make the payments because of.........???? That's right, Prayuth & his right-hand man Suthep.

LANNAGUY

& they weren't allowed to have a new election so the new government could make the payments because of.........???? That's right, Prayuth & his right-hand man Suthep.

Attempt to twist and hide the facts and the morality as you will, but your attempts are so obvious.

Right or wrong or whatever, that doesn't change the fact that it would have been illegal for the pt government or any government to have tried to borrow more money and/or tried to force state controlled banks to give depositors funds to the government.

You seem to also conveniently forget that the people, either in small numbers or in large numbers have the right to protest and the right to peacefully demand change.

Edited by scorecard

and you are overplaying the hyperbole card.

Where is the hyperbole?

How many times did she attend parliament during her term as PM/DM? How many rice policy committee meetings did she attend as the self appointed chair?

How many times did she provide accounts for the scheme? Can she show what steps she took and how she followed up to ensure the scheme was implemented correctly and that the warnings were acted on and appropriate actions taken where necessary?

So, Mr. Boxer, could you please provide us with the exact statistics of her attendance VS the attendance of the previous 5 PMs, so we can get an accurate assessment? It's so great that you have access to this privileged information, so the rest of us common folk can have a chance to know the 'real story' like you.

Thank you.

This is probably going to be the clincher. They may find plenty of pm haven't attended all the meetings they were meant to. Then what to do?

From Lanna guy:

Again you ignore the well established and clear facts and try to build another very untruthful divisive picture.

You are a disgrace to structured, sincere and honest debate and discussion.

it's quite interesting how threads such as this are dominated by Yingluck and Thaksin hating ( choose your adjective ) folks who spew out their quite naked hatred, frequently dressed as an appeal for accountability and the rule of law, but conveniently ignoring all the other salient events of the last 5 years that undermine their bigoted and unreal view of the Thai Politic.

Fact is, a lawfully appointed PM and her majority elected Gov't were forced from office at gun point and the electorate disenfranchised, with no immediate prospect of a return to normal electoral democracy.

Are they expected to be happy and " Mai pen rai " about that ??

What about respect my vote and all that ?

Given that the "Democrat" party initially spurned the opportunity to fight at the polls and then an election was blocked and polling stations and ballots obstructed by parties known but unknown ( a little bit of necessary self censorship there....) it is utterly farcical that some folks on here defend and justify the clear witch hunt against Yingluck.

If she has committed a crime, put it through the Criminal Courts and let's have a verdict, but that is not what is happening, perhaps because there is no evidence against her.

Blaming her for non payments to farmers or the sad suicide of desperate farmers is equally farcical because it was totally beyond her realm.

Her government was blocked at every stage by a concerted effort to contrive the situation that resulted in the military coupe.

That must be clear to anybody with 1/2 a brain.

Meanwhile the nutters and those with an agenda here continue to spout their bile on this forum.

Amusingly pathetic as those Yingluck haters may be, I doubt that we are moving at any speed towards reconciliation and the future avoidance of further bloodshed.

Thailand is in a political mess brought about by others than elected governments.

So with a caretaker gov. and both houses dissolved, who can put a motion forwards

to borrow from the banks? The cabinet? Blame it on Suthep.

rice555

You may not have noticed or you may not like it but there IS a new legal government running Thailand and has been for a while, And as the legal government, they actually do have the right to borrow funds.

If you want to blame anybody blame the legal advisors of the previous government for NOT explaining to the PM at the time that caretaker governments are NOT allowed to borrow money to pay existing debts nor to incur new debts in case they are not elected.

Now I can understand that you and many other posters on TVF don't like the current government and you post many times that it is illegal and not fair to the Thai people but that is merely your opinion, which like mine and 99% of all posters on TVF is meaningless to the Thai people.

Neither you, I or anyone else that posts here have any way of affecting the outcome, as Thais will simply say that we have no voice, no vote and it is not our business anyway.

The Thai people will do it their way and not the way that you or I or anybody else wants. It is their country and their right to do so.