Military and NCPO urged to stop threatening people

webfact

It is ironic, to me at least, that the once isolated, junta run, nation known as Burma or Myanmar has just concluded national elections and the NLD and Aung San Suu Kyi won in a landslide victory. Whether said victory was hollow only the coming weeks will tell.

Meanwhile here in the Kingdom of Thailand citizens are being told to shut up and conform and are being threatened.

One state passes over the mantle to a neighbor?

Speaking of which.....why has there been little to no coverage of that election on here? Am I missing something?? Am I looking in the wrong places?? Surely what is happening next door is worthy of some news items and threads??

Do you mean the recent election in Myanmar where the people gave a resounding "up-yours" to the military that had oppressively and incompetently ruled them for so many years?

Maybe the Thai press can't think of a way to put a pro-junta spin on it, and is afraid to present it any other way.

They asked that officials stop summoning people, stop visiting and spying on them, and that they stay in their barracks and perform their duties.

1) summoning, 800+ people summoned

2) intimidation is S.O.P. for the military

3) stay in their barracks and perform their duties : clap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

wouldn't it be so nice....

Until the Thai people collectively kick the generals in the crotch, nothing will send them to their barracks, much less keep them there...

And will you publicly apologise and tell us all how wrong you were when elections are held ?.

Of course you won't. You'll ignore what you said and change to something different. That's why I have no time for anything you say.

Just think : if you people hadn't passed that amnesty disgrace then started murdering protestors to try and scare them back home, none of this would have happened.

What a shame 'Thammasat' didn't speak out about injustice sooner - say right after the amnesty bill and definitely when women and children started getting blown up. People might still be alive instead of inconvenienced. Do we know why they didn't ?.

We are all waiting for your uprising. Set a date yet ?. I bet you wish a few people had disappeared or been shot on the streets to help your cause a bit because from where I am standing, the country has a much more promising future now then it did under the dirty cronies. And unfortunately for you, the decent and intelligent people in Thailand realise it too.

As to your final paragraph you don't speak for the decent and intelligent people of Thailand, only for yourself and other RWNJ.

As to the substantive point on elections you by design or ignorance are too simplistic.The question is not whether elections will eventually be held but whether they will be fit for purpose.In other words will they genuinely reflect the will of the Thai people.That in turn will depend on the constitutional framework in which they take place.The auguries are not promising on that score - to put it mildly.

Given the current climate of fear and intimidation it is hard to predict even the immediate future.But judging from the crazed tone of your posts (women and children being blown up etc) it seems that all of this is passing over your head.

It is ironic, to me at least, that the once isolated, junta run, nation known as Burma or Myanmar has just concluded national elections and the NLD and Aung San Suu Kyi won in a landslide victory. Whether said victory was hollow only the coming weeks will tell.

Meanwhile here in the Kingdom of Thailand citizens are being told to shut up and conform and are being threatened.

One state passes over the mantle to a neighbor?

Speaking of which.....why has there been little to no coverage of that election on here? Am I missing something?? Am I looking in the wrong places?? Surely what is happening next door is worthy of some news items and threads??

Do you mean the recent election in Myanmar where the people gave a resounding "up-yours" to the military that had oppressively and incompetently ruled them for so many years?

Maybe the Thai press can't think of a way to put a pro-junta spin on it, and is afraid to present it any other way.

I wouldn't get too exited about the elections in Burma, nothing much will change, the army still retain the power.