Did I see this Right , Ikea ?

The Big Mango

Hmm. Does IKEAs in Bangkok have the groceries for sale?

Their website shows only restaurant, bistro and cafe.

Yes it does. Not a huge selection but quite a few Swedish delicacies.

It wouldn't surprise me if the pickup store has a few goodies for sale near the payment points, though I haven't ever been to one before.

Yes it does. Not a huge selection but quite a few Swedish delicacies.

It wouldn't surprise me if the pickup store has a few goodies for sale near the payment points, though I haven't ever been to one before.

"... quite a few Swedish delicacies. "

swedishchef.jpg

Was there to buy groceries, returned empty handed.

Nothing for me, no herring, no lingonberry.

I was just there last week - they do have a lingonberry jam/spread from memory and something else in the frozen section with them as well. Maybe you missed it when you were there or it's not exactly what you were after. I don't recall any herring though so you may be right there.

How about knäckebröd (crispbread?) And ärtsoppa?

They have a few varieties of crispbread there. I'm not sure on the other dish though - no idea what it was, but Googling shows that it's pea soup? Maybe in the freezer section. I certainly don't recall seeing any cans of soup, but I might be wrong.

I thought the selection was fairly decent really. It's mostly chocolates and biscuits though.

They have a few varieties of crispbread there.

I can get crisp bread, Boston gurka, mjuk ost in BigC here on Samui
I can find the crispbread in Phuket but I am willing to pay what they are asking.

Even in Singapore, the crispbread was reasonable priced at IKEA.

• 2 weeks later...

i just got their beautiful 326 page catalog left in my basket of my moto at my house

There is NO FOOD in it

Have a look at this news video - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/874190-phuket-xtra-video-phuket-ikea-store-demolition-surin-beach-police-uncover-plot/

Clearly show the food counter at IKEA's store on the bypass.

Huge disappointment. I visited IKEA today, simply to check the food section. They have almost nothing there.

45 baht for 5 small meatballs, or to buy home 400 baht for 1kg back. Even I can do better meatballs than they do.

The idea of IKEA meatball meal is the berry sauce, which gives the taste.

The other few items were salmon wrap and french fries with mayonnaise, hot dog and some pies. Really nothing of the good stuff, which was available at IKEA Singapore.

Huge disappointment. I visited IKEA today, simply to check the food section. They have almost nothing there.

45 baht for 5 small meatballs, or to buy home 400 baht for 1kg back. Even I can do better meatballs than they do.

The idea of IKEA meatball meal is the berry sauce, which gives the taste.

The other few items were salmon wrap and french fries with mayonnaise, hot dog and some pies. Really nothing of the good stuff, which was available at IKEA Singapore.

Thanks for your test report. So i don't have to stop today and waste my time for bad copy meatballs.

A friend visited Phuket yesterday and got me this. Hard rye bread with edam. Simple, yet perfect.

This is the stuff IKEA should have at it's stores.

IMG_20151129_133000.jpg

A friend visited Phuket yesterday and got me this. Hard rye bread with edam. Simple, yet perfect.

This is the stuff IKEA should have at it's stores.

IMG_20151129_133000.jpg

I eat that everyday, but with the much tastier old Gouda, from Holland.

IKEA sell the same small amounts of swedish food in most of their stores world wide. In the New York stores they sell Christmas Ham and crawfish when it's season. Herring, cheese etc all year long. They just started to sell candy in Louise weight a few months back