Thai killers showed no remorse: Australia court

webfact

Thai killers showed no remorse: Vic court

TWO Thai men who hunted down and murdered a Melbourne man because he tried to stop their attack on another man have shown no remorse, prosecutors say.

SARUD Seehaverachart and Thatiya Terdputham fled to Thailand within hours of fatally stabbing Luke Mitchell outside a 7-Eleven in the early hours of May 24, 2009.

The attack came after Mr Mitchell intervened in their fight outside a nightclub in Brunswick.
The Victorian Supreme Court on Thursday heard doctors thought the injured 29-year-old would survive because he spoke to them before being taken into the operating theatre.

Full story: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaking-news/thai-killers-showed-no-remorse-vic-court/news-story/b6c5022fdb40d4073d4f33b893159220

-- Herald Sun 2015-11-12

Both defence barristers conceded a lengthy jail term was necessary but John Saunders, for Terdputham, said his client had already served several years in Bangkok, following his arrest in 2010.

"He said he was held there for three years but it felt like 12," Mr Saunders told the court.

He urged Justice Christopher Beale to take into account Terdputham's post traumatic stress disorder acquired while in custody in Bangkok.

He was only there because he would not return to Oz willingly.

Some Thai's think they are above the law, Hope they get the message "only in Thailand".

Both defence barristers conceded a lengthy jail term was necessary but John Saunders, for Terdputham, said his client had already served several years in Bangkok, following his arrest in 2010.

"He said he was held there for three years but it felt like 12," Mr Saunders told the court.

He urged Justice Christopher Beale to take into account Terdputham's post traumatic stress disorder acquired while in custody in Bangkok.

Some Thai's think they are above the law, Hope they get the message "only in Thailand".

Ha ha, no sympathy whatsoever, throw the book at them like the Dutch national just got 103 years.

I agree with other posters here. But of course Thai's have no remorse and I do remember an Australian joke told to me by more one Australian friend, which I won't quote because I don't wish to joke about about a murder. If any posters here are Australian they may know the joke. I just hope the Australian government doesn't decide to a deportation, if such a request is made. Lock them up and throw away the key.

Isn't that what they do in Thailand? Well, it might work in Thailand but please if confession and letter writer really was sincere he wouldn't add insult to injury. Drunk, crazy or other, murder is murder and I've no sympathy for the murderer at all.

Aw diddums.

Yeah... so when he eventually gets out, he can come back to Thailand and campaign for better conditions in Thai prisons... lol

They should be a welcomed as a new culture to any high security Australian prison; if you the drift. They must be very careful not to slip on the soap in the shower is my advice..

Mate - they are in for a whole world of pain and for a long time - boys with attitude are always well 'looked after' in Australia. A couple of pretty Thai boys with 'that' attitude and that stalked and cowardly killed an Aussie, and then took off back to Thailand - they better take some 'preparation' with them every time they leave their cells - serves them right thumbsup.gif

It is typical about how Thai's live. Do not care about anyone or anything. I am happy these scum will do time in prison in Australia. They won't get out quickly even with good behaviour. They will also be very good company for all the boys in prison. I think they just learned what justice is in a civilized country not Thailand.

The defense fighting extradition declared that Thais should never be extradited to another country, as they are Thais.

Anyway, to the case, there was another man, son of an Army big man, still not named and still not found.

coffee1.gif

are these the guys that thought they were arrested and charged because of racism?

One of them argued against extradition on the basis that Australian courts are racist and he wouldn't get a fair trial.

Also that Australian prisons are subhuman and would be a violation of his human rights.

A delegation had to be sent over from Australia to show the Thais that the conditions aren't even close.

Aw diddums.

This is typical of the sort of stunt that a defence attorney will try on in order to get a reduced sentence for a client. Utterly shameless.