Phuket officials check for illegal tour business operators and guides

webfact

Phuket officials check for illegal tour business operators and guides
The Phuket News

1447326140_1-org.jpg
Santi Pawai said that they did find some tour companies using illegal tour guides and that they had been given a warning, but if they find them doing the same again their tour operation licence may be revoked.

PHUKET: -- The Ministry of Tourism & Sports director together with over 40 officials from Royal Thai Navy, Tha Chatchai Police and Tourist Police yesterday (Nov 11) conducted checks on minivans, tour buses and tour operations at the Tha Chatchai checkpoint.

Ministry of Tourism & Sports director Santi Pawai Phuket said of the operation, “We care carrying out these checks ensure the confidence of tourist in Phuket and nearby provinces. We have checked over 100 minivans and buses and tour guides as well.

“We have found that some tour operators do not job orders from the airport, and some Russians who we believed to be tour guides have said that they are coming to or going from the airport to pick up friends to take them to their hotel or resort. They stated they were not tour guides,” Mr Santi said.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-officials-check-for-illegal-tour-business-operators-and-guides-54937.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-11-13

Is it just me? As a tourist I would not be at all happy if my driver and guide were pulled over to have documents checked by the police or military. Far from confidence, it would instil in me the opposite of what the intent is by the authorities.

How long until the next tour guide headline?

Amazing the drivel these guys spout as if they think the general public actually believes them. This is the same guy that has given his approval to build the horrendous hollywood museum at Nai Harn beach. Yeah sure Santi, we all have confidence in what you say is the best for all concerned as we agree that tour buses and vans need to be stopped and hassled.

Meanwhile real crime remains an issue which should be the main focus of law enforcement, regardless of the branch.