The Multiple Entry Tourist Visa Topic (METV)

16 minutes ago, Bigdogfarang said:

I would apply in UK -London 

They are strict on the requirement there. Info is on their website. http://new.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/en/types-of-visa#section2

You could contact one of the consulates to find out if they be a bit more flexible. Some places will issue one if you can prove income and can say you are retired.

On 1/24/2017 at 7:55 PM, ubonjoe said:

The embassy website states 5 business days but I can recall reports of it being less. See: http://thaiembdc.org/consular-services/tourist-visas/tourist-visa-category-mt/

At the consulates in New York, Chicago and Los Angles it is only a couple of days

Thought so, I live near Washington DC so my only choice is going to embassy.  Think it wouldn't be a problem for me to tell consular officer to issue the visa after specific date?  Any datapoint on Thai Embassy at DC will be much appreciated!

19 minutes ago, wash747 said:

Thought so, I live near Washington DC so my only choice is going to embassy.  Think it wouldn't be a problem for me to tell consular officer to issue the visa after specific date?  Any datapoint on Thai Embassy at DC will be much appreciated!

I am certain they will not post date the issue/enter before dates.

If they issued the visa on April 15th the enter before date on the visa would be October 14th. As long as you do an entry on or before the enter before date on the visa you will get a 60 day entry that can be extended for 30 days.

On 27-1-2017 at 9:50 PM, Bigdogfarang said:

Does anyone have an example of wording used in an employer letter that was successfully accepted for a METV.

This is mine, it has already been accepted 2 times. Print it on official company paper with there logo and address information and a signature of the director.

We hereby declaire that [name] is an active employee since [date] and he will continue his job.

He is working as a [job function] and is responsible for [you tell me]. He will travel as part of his ‘gap year’ as a tourist.

[company name] is [write in one sentence what they do]. 

[name director]
Managing Director

• Like 1

I've had no issues using visa waiver, as I usually enter once or twice a month and stay for less than a week. But my passport is fast running out of pages for Thai immigration stamps. So I was thinking of trying to get a METV for as long as they will let me (Year?)

My my question is; do Thai immigration still stamp your passport when you have a METV?

thanks in advance.

34 minutes ago, ncc1701d said:

My my question is; do Thai immigration still stamp your passport when you have a METV?

Immigration will always do entry and departure stamps no matter what type of visa you have. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigration will always do entry and departure stamps no matter what type of visa you have. 

Thanks. So getting a visa isn't going to save my passport pages. Not much point in getting one. Cheers for the reply.

Could I get a concise picture of the METV including how long you must stay out for you can re-enter

I havea 1 year Retirement but the falling pound is making me think about 6months here six months elsewhere

Advice please

JGV

12 minutes ago, JGV said:

Could I get a concise picture of the METV including how long you must stay out for you can re-enter

A METV allows unlimited 60 day entries for 6 months from the date it is issued. You can extend each entry for 30 days at a immigration office.

By doing an entry on or before the date the visa expires (enter before date on visa) you can get almost 9 months of total stay by getting a 30 day extension of the last entry.

You only need to be out of the country long enough to turn around and return to Thailand to get a new entry.

A METV allows unlimited 60 day entries for 6 months from the date it is issued. You can extend each entry for 30 days at a immigration office.
By doing an entry on or before the date the visa expires (enter before date on visa) you can get almost 9 months of total stay by getting a 30 day extension of the last entry.
You only need to be out of the country long enough to turn around and return to Thailand to get a new entry.

This 9 month thing, its only possible if you get the METV just before you go to Thailand, that isn't very clear when this is mentioned.
  • Like 1

On ‎29‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 8:52 AM, Rudyv said:

This is mine, it has already been accepted 2 times. Print it on official company paper with there logo and address information and a signature of the director.

We hereby declaire that [name] is an active employee since [date] and he will continue his job.

He is working as a [job function] and is responsible for [you tell me]. He will travel as part of his ‘gap year’ as a tourist.

[company name] is [write in one sentence what they do]. 

[name director]
Managing Director

Was wondering how I would be able to apply for a METV in the u.k? Used to do it without any problems before they changed  it, Can get the £5000 in the bank but my work is seasonal, March - October, there is no guarantee of a job on my return, but have been doing the same job for 9 years...... 

Currently on an METV issued in London in September. The only requirement that they were interested in was the money in the bank which the girl went through each statement page. 24 hour turnaround. Quite a few people like myself getting it. Winter in Thailand summer in UK. Seemed quite popular so must be making alot of money. This visa is ideal for me and alot less hassle than getting a retirement visa.

Currently on an METV issued in London in September. The only requirement that they were interested in was the money in the bank which the girl went through each statement page. 24 hour turnaround. Quite a few people like myself getting it. Winter in Thailand summer in UK. Seemed quite popular so must be making alot of money. This visa is ideal for me and alot less hassle than getting a retirement visa.

Interesting. So didn't want employer letter or co cert or self assessment? Only bank statements for 5k for 6 months?

2 hours ago, wavetrader said:

i got it without problem. application form, foto and 150 euro, got it the next day, nothing else, no question asked

So what type of visa did you get, yesterday you said you took a 2 month visa because it was free, now you are saying you paid 150 euros.

I am considering retiring to Thailand but want to spend 2 months there first - Is it better to get a 30 day + extension or a 60 day visa for the initial trip?

Should I decide to retire there can I complete the process for the retirement visa there? Can I open a bank account on a tourist visa?

Many thanks for any info.

8 minutes ago, john garland said:

I am considering retiring to Thailand but want to spend 2 months there first - Is it better to get a 30 day + extension or a 60 day visa for the initial trip?

Should I decide to retire there can I complete the process for the retirement visa there? Can I open a bank account on a tourist visa?

Many thanks for any info.

It would be best if you could get a single entry non-o visa first if you are 50 or over already if possible.

Otherwise a single entry tourist visa would be the best option since it will make it easier to open a bank account if you plan on using the 800k baht option to apply for an extension of stay based upon retirement at immigration (there is no retirement visa you can apply for here in the country).

Getting a 30 visa exempt entry is not a good option.

Hi there, I have a question regarding the METV i was hoping you fine folk could help me out with. I tried calling the consulate at promenade to no avail and was hoping you might be able to help me out with a query - my 6 months is up at March 10th, my understanding is that I can go abroad and return by say March 9th to secure another 60 days. The question I have is, is it possible for me to leave the country again at some point during that 60 days and return to CM to finish out my time? Basically a friend is visiting in April and wants to see Laos, but I'm not sure what that means for me if I leave and try to come back then. If that doesn't work, can I just do a 30 day extension to go in and out? Thanks so much in advance!

2 minutes ago, Donnythecat said:

Hi there, I have a question regarding the METV i was hoping you fine folk could help me out with. I tried calling the consulate at promenade to no avail and was hoping you might be able to help me out with a query - my 6 months is up at March 10th, my understanding is that I can go abroad and return by say March 9th to secure another 60 days. The question I have is, is it possible for me to leave the country again at some point during that 60 days and return to CM to finish out my time? Basically a friend is visiting in April and wants to see Laos, but I'm not sure what that means for me if I leave and try to come back then. If that doesn't work, can I just do a 30 day extension to go in and out? Thanks so much in advance!

You will get another 60 day entry if you do it on or before the enter before date on your visa.

You can get a single re-entry permit at immigration for a fee of 1000 baht that will keep the remainder of  your 60 day entry valid when your return from your trip to Laos. Then you could get a 30 day extension at immigration of the 60 day entry you got at immigration.

12 hours ago, riclag said:

I'm from the USA. Is it possible to get a 30 day visa exempt stamp at a land border  (Taket ,Lao) after I complete my last  30 day  extension of the METV? 

Yes you could at this time.

4 minutes ago, uptheos said:

How close to the expiration of the METV visa could you leave and come back with another 60 days available and can it be done by land?

You can do a entry on or before the enter before date on your visa and get a new 60 day entry by land sea or air.

23 minutes ago, uptheos said:

Thanks Joe so that almost gives 8 months?

Actually almost 9 if you extend the last 60 days (and if you entered TH almost immediately after the vise was issued).

• Like 1