Is the new Pajero selling well?

fredob43

There are loads of new ones in Loei, very surprised to see so many, 1 or 2 fords and loads of fortuners. says it all really.

I don't get "Says it all"..

It says that people in Loei don't have the internet and can't make informed choices for themselves?

Maybe that the Ford/Mitsu dealers are too far for most people to travel to on a Kubota?

Or do you think that the Loei with <500 new cars sales/mth is somehow representative of Thailand as a whole? biggrin.png

What does it say about Chev and Isuzu entries in the segment, or have we all forgotten them?

not at all, thai's do not like ford or chevrolet, why, service is so poor and parts are stupid expensive and they depreciate like a brick, and I agree with them local mitsubishi dealer is fantastic, ford dealer like most here is totally useless.

So I should tell those who borrow my car to not get it serviced in Loei, thanks :)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After having tested both in fairness the everest a 3.2 it is to me hands down everest that comfortable walks away as a clear winner. Yes it is 500 kg heavier but not slower and feels very light at the steering wheel. Plus the extra weight eliminates the tin can feel you get from both the pj and new fortuner

I have to give it to you - at least you actually test drove them - I feel genuinely sorry for those who don't and just buy on loyalty or paper spec.

Edited by IMHO

But the Everest is far more heavier (plus 500 kilograms).

So that's, what, 25% more car, for just 10% more money then? biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Iam genuinely surprised the Fortuner comes in well under 2000kg.

There be some really thin steel gone into that !!

They all drive and ride like trucks. Lousy turning circle. Boringcoffee1.gif

Well, they're no Audi R8's (ref: avatar) that's for sure :P

Have you actually driven any of the new generation one's being discussed though - or do you still think they drive like the actually truck-like last generation?

Having just driven 650 kilometers from upcountry to Jomtien I saw many new various brand new pickup trucks with red plates. I saw VERY few new SUV's of any kind with red plates. Based on that observation, I'd guess that pickups are selling about ten to one as compared to SUV's. Maybe the SUV's are just too expensive to be very popular.

They all drive and ride like trucks. Lousy turning circle. Boring:coffee1:

Well, they're no Audi R8's (ref: avatar) that's for sure tongue.png

Have you actually driven any of the new generation one's being discussed though - or do you still think they drive like the actually truck-like last generation?

I put the OP in because I thought that at 1.45mil the Pajero was rather strong price wise. I thought that they were much cheaper than that. Also that it was available at short notice.

Mitsu must have tweeked their 2.4 to give it that much power, personally I would go down the 3.2/2.8 route and have that sorted a bit I'm sure that would make it fly if that's what you wanted.

Regards ride like trucks bad turning circle. Having owned both a 3lt Vigo 4x4 and a Spivo they are different kettles of fish, the Vigo had at best a rubbish turning circle, not forgetting the way it handled at speeds around 130+kph the rear end was all over the place. Death trap at 150.

Spivo on the other hand has a fantastic turning circle, sits on the road like it's glued. Doesn't move one jot at 215kph.

No it's not a sports car, I only did that crazy speed once to test it out as I had had the engine sorted. Not advisable glad to say I'm still here.

Edited by fredob43

Spivo on the other hand has a fantastic turning circle, sits on the road like it's glued. Doesn't move one jot at 215kph.

No it's not a sports car, I only did that crazy speed once to test it out as I had had the engine sorted. Not advisable glad to say I'm still here.

215? wow - what chip & mods, and what HP was it making?

Edited by IMHO

Having just driven 650 kilometers from upcountry to Jomtien I saw many new various brand new pickup trucks with red plates. I saw VERY few new SUV's of any kind with red plates. Based on that observation, I'd guess that pickups are selling about ten to one as compared to SUV's. Maybe the SUV's are just too expensive to be very popular.

Yep, that's about right - pickups sell at around 25,000 units/mth - plus or minus - PPV's sell around 2,500 units/mth, plus or minus. It's always been that way though - that's not a result of the new generation pricing.

Good observation skills nonetheless :D

I ordered a Pajero Sport 4WD in September at the show in Central Chonburi. Went to test drive it and choose the extras a couple of weeks ago at the agent in Siracha. Nice drive well impressed, far better than my Fortuna. I asked them how it was selling. They had sold 200+ Pajeros Sports since the show on the last week of September and thats just 1 agent.

They all drive and ride like trucks. Lousy turning circle. Boring:coffee1:

I put the OP in because I thought that at 1.45mil the Pajero was rather strong price wise. I thought that they were much cheaper than that.

Mitsu must have tweeked their 2.4 to give it that much power, personally I would go down the 3.2/2.8 route and have that sorted a bit I'm sure that would make it fly if that's what you wanted.

Regards ride like trucks bad turning circle. Having owned both a 3lt Vigo 4x4 and a Spivo they are different kettles of fish, the Vigo had at best a rubbish turning circle, not forgetting the way it handled at speeds around 130+kph the rear end was all over the place. Death trap at 150.

215? wow - what chip & mods, and what HP was it making?

Cant tell you any correct details they did say it was well into the 220 HP, don't know of a rolling road that's does 4x4. Only had an upmarket chip of sorts fitted that was then set up via a comp: + they did a few bit's to the air intake cost then a short 40th. Believe the Company is not there anymore only hope it keeps going.

Regards the 215kph it was still accelerating but the needle on the clock was about to hit the stop bar so eased off. That was uphill 4 lane resurfaced road with three peeps inside. As said haven't done anything like that since.

Only wanted the extra power to be able to overtake safely and to get away from the crazy Mini buses and the likes that have a tendency to sit up your butt at 130.

I ordered a Pajero Sport 4WD in September at the show in Central Chonburi. Went to test drive it and choose the extras a couple of weeks ago at the agent in Siracha. Nice drive well impressed, far better than my Fortuna. I asked them how it was selling. They had sold 200+ Pajeros Sports since the show on the last week of September and thats just 1 agent.

Well done hope you enjoy. What extras did you have fitted.

I went to Big C again today not one bugger spoke any form of English. They gave me a list of all the bits and bobs the top of the range has sorry to say all in Thai. Asked the wife but she doesn't know much about cars reply I got was it have some nice bits.

They all drive and ride like trucks. Lousy turning circle. Boringcoffee1.gif

Yes, tried both the Fortuner and Pajero sports, which I must say the latter looks a lot better than previous models. I did this just to be fair to them, as last time i did the same and ended up with a CRV. The new CRV hasn't done a lot to impress with the face lift, whilst the new HRV is too small but they do ride better and have a far superior turning circle and, in my opinion, a better interior finish. And yes, before someone jumps on me, I know the latter is not an off roadvehicle but for about B200,000 extra, the CRV has a far superior ride, an excellent turning circle and if it is as good as my 2013 model, then that's what I'll go for. I will say however, the new Pajero has improved over the last models.

Edited by Si Thea01

So, the Tuna. Ive had a good thrash round, and its a credit to Toyo. Much Improved in fit n function. My Wife Beater Vest caused much ribald comments, plus some about Tuna Drivers that would get me a Holiday. Some i didn't find funny.It provokes a volatile reaction in many otherwise quiet folk. Not being a Brit i found "Full English Breakfast" beyond me as Humour. Perhaps T.A. can translate. Non the Less a fine ride in its class ,enjoyed it, but the keys are back on the Table,not for me.thumbsup.gif

So, the Tuna. Ive had a good thrash round, and its a credit to Toyo. Much Improved in fit n function. My Wife Beater Vest caused much ribald comments, plus some about Tuna Drivers that would get me a Holiday. Some i didn't find funny.It provokes a volatile reaction in many otherwise quiet folk. Not being a Brit i found "Full English Breakfast" beyond me as Humour. Perhaps T.A. can translate. Non the Less a fine ride in its class ,enjoyed it, but the keys are back on the Table,not for me.thumbsup.gif

Yeah, it's an improvement over the old model - quieter engine that seems more willing to move, smoother shifting AT, better controlled interior noise, and a little better ride quality too. See if you can get the keys to an Everest to experience what can really be achieved from a pickup platform though wink.png

As for "Full English Breakfast" - the most logical thing Google gave me was this movie reference about a British thug: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3477732/ :P

Edited by IMHO

Yeah, it's an improvement over the old model - quieter engine that seems more willing to move, smoother shifting AT, better controlled interior noise, and a little better ride quality too. See if you can get the keys to an Everest to experience what can really be achieved from a pickup platform though wink.png

As for "Full English Breakfast" - the most logical thing Google gave me was this movie reference about a British thug: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3477732/ :P

. Recon yore right.Food Land Sunday Mornings ,it full of Tuna Yobs like the link..

As for "Full English Breakfast" - the most logical thing Google gave me was this movie reference about a British thug: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3477732/ tongue.png

Maybe next time you should Google Full English Breakfast menu.

Contains things like eggs bacon sausages bubble white/black pudding fried slice baked beans toast toms mushrooms the list goes on. Enough to carry on with though. Delish hope you enjoy.

at

As for "Full English Breakfast" - the most logical thing Google gave me was this movie reference about a British thug: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3477732/ tongue.png

Contains things like eggs bacon sausages bubble white/black pudding fried slice baked beans toast toms mushrooms the list goes on. Enough to carry on with though. Delish hope you enjoy.

LOL, yeah I got those results when I googled, heh, but I couldn't see how they would be contextual to Ace's post - the IMDB result seemed to make much more sense :)

I went to Big C again today not one bugger spoke any form of English. They gave me a list of all the bits and bobs the top of the range has sorry to say all in Thai. Asked the wife but she doesn't know much about cars reply I got was it have some nice bits.

So if you went back again, does that mean you might be trading in the Sportivo? :)

at

LOL, yeah I got those results when I googled, heh, but I couldn't see how they would be contextual to Ace's post - the IMDB result seemed to make much more sense smile.png

Things about tee shirts would have fitted the bill a shade better.

Still waiting to find out what model, power, Tuna he had. 3 days and we are none the wiser.

So if you went back again, does that mean you might be trading in the Sportivo? smile.png

Not on your life the only thing I might change it for is a new Sportivo if they ever produce one, provided it has a 3.2 lump. 2.8 and I'll drive mine forever.

Glad to say after nearly 7 years with still only 82th km on the clock, it still looks & drives like it has just been taken out of the show room.

Only went back to get some eggs that I forgot a few days earlier.